priya badlani FC

jury thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

this is priya badlani aka aanya from jab love hua fan club.she has acted in films likenach & silsilay.she has also acted with aamir khan in the coke ad and also featured in a punjabi music video with babbu mann.

those who r her arednt fans & will love to join the fan club pleaze register ur names.    

priya badlani aka anya is a mumbai girl.loves photography & acting is her passion.she is a true animal lover.her d.o.b is 27th january.join the fc to know more about her & let us know more about her. share ur likings & dislikings about her.

so what r u waiting for join in  

*** members***

1. jury

2.friend _125

3.flamin_hot_kuri

4.vishram

5.rups284

6.apppi

here r some cool pictures

Edited by jury - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jury thumbnail

know more abut her
'Aanya is just an exaggerated version of me'

Priya Badlani

Priya Badlani talks about her foray into television

Aditi Jayakar Kane

• Where were you before you got a role in Jabb Love Hua?

I was very much in Mumbai. I studied at the Avabai Petit school and then went to MMK college. I always wanted to do something different with my life. I studied photography and took pictures of all my friends. I went for an audition for a soft-drink commercial with Aamir Khan, and landed up playing a behenji there. That's when Ashutosh Gowariker told me to take acting seriously.

How did you land the role of Aanya?

I got a call from the channel to audition for the role. I was told to introduce myself and I just rambled a few lines about my favourite movie When Harry Met Sally, and how girls and guys should stay apart. Everyone was amused and I was selected.

How much do you identify with Aanya?

Aanya is this spoilt, bratty character and through her I can vent out all my suppressed feelings! (laughs) Honestly, I'm a lot like her. Just that Aanya is an exaggerated version of me.

• How was the experience of shooting in a village?

(Laughs) Oh yeah! The first two schedules in the village were really tough. We shot in Wai where there were hardly any shops or places around. I used to take 8 bags with me! After pack-up the village would be really silent. But Suhasini Mule and I once dropped in at the Omkara sets over there and met Vishal Bharadwaj, Kareena Kapoor and Ajay Devgan.

• You've even done movies – Silsilay and Ram Gopal Verma's Naach. Why did you switch to the small screen?

I accept anything interesting that comes my way. I'm just looking for good roles. I think the writers of this serial are doing a fabulous job. I'm enjoying myself thoroughly. I get to do so many scenes and be somebody else all the time. I get to get away with a lot of things playing my character! Honestly it doesn't matter what I'm acting for. I like any form of acting, even street theatre is great.

• Is working for TV tougher than films?

It's certainly more hectic. In movies we end up doing two scenes in a day. Here, you shoot for nine scenes in the same time! It requires a lot of discipline and hardwork. But I'm having a great time.

• Have you considered working for Ekta Kapoor?

I think soaps have been done to death. I'll do it if something interesting comes up. I don't like doing anything monotonous. It all depends on the character I'm playing!

" I never thought I'd look good in front of the camera"

She was perhaps the most widely awaited face on Zee. Priya Badlani is not unfamiliar with fame. She shared screen space with Amir Khan in Ashutosh Gowarikar's Coke ad and also did a cameo in the Abhishekh Bachchan starrer, Naach. Priya, who wanted to become a stylist or a photographer, landed up in the industry thanks to Gowarikar. She makes her debut on television with Jabb Luv Hua and the actor is all set to make waves!

Kavita Shyam spoke to the perky Priya....

Me... I am a complete Mumbai girl,after completing my studies I did a course in Photography. I always wanted to do something behind the camera and I thought I posed like a monkey and never thought I'd look good in front of the camera. I did fair bit of commercials and I did this Coke ad with Amir Khan and Ashutosh Gowarikar and that's when he advised me to give acting a shot. I did cameo roles in Silsilay and Naach and did have options open to do more of that but I realised this offer had more scope to grow as an actor than anything else. It's a sensible decision besides I feel no genre of acting is different.

On how I bagged the role in Jabb Love Hua
I auditioned for the show and could feel the character well right from the beginning. I performed a skit to open up and followed it by a couple of look tests and finally I bagged the role.

My role in Jabb Love Hua
Anya comes from a good family where everyone has been very protective and possesive about her. She has got everything she wanted in a platter and has got it all too soon and comfortably , living in a paradise. So when she steps out in the big bad world she has to adapt to the different kind of lifestyle. It's about how she gets to the village and the twists in the tale following that. She does not think like a villager and it's about taming the shrewd with a love story attached to that. Both the guy and the girl have a different points of view but none of them are bad or arrogant.

Playing Aanya
I do relate to the character Aanya in many ways, maybe not in terms of her lifestyle.
It's her process of growth as a person and the situations she goes through which is something each one of us can empathise with. Every individual has different sides to them but I'd say I am not as cocky or snooty as Aanya but I am a lot like her as well.

My Experience with the team
I am extremely excited about this show and the different character that I get to play.I started having a ball while auditioning itself. It's fabulous to work with Sudeep, he's such an easy,balanced and focussed guy. Suhasini is the perfect lady and DJ's are so open-minded and different and keep giving suggessions to improve. Even if one of the actors is absent we really miss each other.

Preparing for my role
Modelling is very different from acting,it requires no thinking while acting one requires to do homework. We had a two day workshop, we were given character sketch as well. We work for 13 hours a day but I do lead a disciplined life otherwise. We work outdoors, when there is no light, stress and we are running out of time all the time, get our script last minute, go to the gym, so it's a tough medium. But each day I feel I am blessed to go to work and it's good income too.

Personal life
I have no time for anything in life. For now I am working, working and only working. I am absolutely passionate about my work so there's no time personal life. I wake up at five in the morning,go to the gym, go to work, come back home, watch movies, vegetate in front of the TV and crash. I am a very domesticated person and not at all into parties. I am pretty hyper and active person by nature.

Posted on 18 March 2006 10:30 pm

PASSION PLAY

'LUST IS PASSION'

Says Priya Badlani who had a very awkward first date

HARSHADA REGE

Your first crush...
My first crush was an Australian guy. He was my cousin's friend and used to celebrate Easter with us. I used to be completely thrilled when he would be around.
Your first date...
Was very awkward. I had a lot of friends with me. (laughs)
Your idea of a perfect date...
A good conversation, good music and great wine.
What qualities do you look for in a man?
That's one thing I have never been sure about. I don't go out with a shopping list. It's just a question of clicking at that point. It can't be one thing, it's the overall personality that matters.
What was your first relationship like?
You learn from it. You learn not to make the same mistakes
again. (laughs)
What do you think about lust versus love? Both are equally important. Lust is passion and that is very important in a relationship.
What is romance to you?

I hate to admit it but I am a die-hard romantic, I believe in romance. It brings joy. But today everything has become instant. People are not willing to enjoy the moments that romance is all about.
Who'd you like to get dirty with on an island?

Who has an island? I can't think of anyone who'd have one! The only person who had an island was Marlon Brando.
Do you believe in the institution of marriage?

Yes, I do believe in it. But no one should rush into it because you are supposed to get married at a particular age. You can't force yourself into such a relationship.
Your take on infidelity?

I don't want to be judgmental. It depends on the situation. But I would be hate to be an situation like that. I would hate to be the reason for a marriage to break. I may be facing the same someday.

PRIYA BADLANI

She played the love interest to Bachchan Junior in Naach, a bit-part in Khalid Mohammed's Silsiilay and the Punjabi kudi in Aamir Khan's Coke Series last year. And 20-something Priya Badlani is now set to conquer the small screen with Jab Love Hua on Zee TV. Playing a rich brat Aanya, Badlani is happy to be doing something really meaty. "Theatre, stage or film - the medium doesn't really matter! Besides, everybody will identify with the character… "
Ask her if she's as bratty as her character and she laughs, "I am tamed. Aanya is not. She has a long way to go!" She sidesteps our question on who may be responsible for taming the shrew with a diplomatic "Reality. The World!" Quiz her on whether she's single and she steps it up by saying, "Sure - surround me with some hot hunks and I am definitely single!"
She loves her workout. Loves watching movies and being a couch potato. Wants to travel to Mexico for their Vanilla festival and loves the Marlin Brando type. She also knows how to up the sexy factor with her husky laughter. And yes, for someone who always wanted to play photographer and stay behind the camera, she's doing a great job being in front of it!

Edited by jury - 16 years ago
jury thumbnail
i am the 1st member of this fan club. iam just her crazy fan. waiting 😆 for others to join. so hurry up guys.
friend_125 thumbnail

me the 2nd member 😉

our perky,charming,bubbly,pretty anya is so so so beautiful.....both at heart[this matters the most]n physically also. i just love her husky smile which raises her sexy factor level.she is a great actor as well as a good human-being[honest,animal lover,sincere,hard-working,good at HEART].

i wish her JAB LOVE HUA continues for atleast 1 or 2 years more.its such a fab n fantastic love story.ALL emotions are present in the show.its comedy,romance,emotional .its totally diffrent story from the boring saas-bahu stories of current years.

i love jab love hua.

yeah the third member
cmon jab love hua fana where are u???quickly join
rups284 thumbnail
Hey guys im da 5th member... 😊
friend_125 thumbnail

hello members😊

now as there are enough members,so i think we shud start disscussing upon some topics related to priya badlani.
so the current topic is ------

what if jlh ends? as there r rumours n  articles notifying that jab love hua is ending in two months n a new serial is replacing it. if jlh ends then in which role u want priya to be back on small screen?????and ofcoure with whom u wanna see her???

friend_125 thumbnail
i want priya always to be on screen.n in the LEAD ROLES always.i want priya to do roles like ANYA n action roles also which include comedy as well as suspense.n ofcourse ANYTIME in HORROR roles also like the role urmila did in film **bhoot** 😆 😊
jury thumbnail
i want to see her ofcourse in lead roles. i want to see her in a role which is completely different from the role of anya.i will love to see her in some action packed role. something interesting. and it will be great if she is casted with mohit malik or gautam rode(lucky)or manish raisinghani. i love these actors& sure they will make a good pair.
friend_125 thumbnail
that lucky of star show lucky>?