•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago

in the 21'st century, everyone is afraid of others feeling inferior or bad. Even in kids competing, the losers are always given an award for trying. But isnt this giving out the wrong message? isnt that telling them that they will get just as big of an award as the kids who worked hard to be the best in a field?

TRUE, THIS IS ONE OF THE AREAS THAT MANY PEOPLE ARE WORRIED ABOUT, HOWEVER, ONE MUST NOT FORGET THAT SINCE THE LOSERS HAVE ALSO TRIED, THEY MIGHT BE GIVEN AN AWARD THAT IS INFERIOR IN CONTEXT TO THE WINNERS AND THEY ARE ENCOURAGED TO USE THEIR TALENT AND EXPAND THEM TO GET EVEN MORE REWARDS, HIGHER IN QUALITY TO ATTAIN AND THEREFORE, THEY ARE BEING EQUALLY TREATED WITH THEIR CONFIDENCE SHINING EVER.
i agree with you.. even when i was in school, i worked very hard for my grades and then other kids got treated the same as did.  they never mentioned my grades in class because not all kids got the same grades.  
  Very true..idk what to say to this. But it also has two sides because some children are always talented and some children although they work hard they never get anything. For instance, this one kid in my school only played tv games all day but stood one of the top in school and in state. But I worked so so so so so so so hard to get nothing! So, I wouldn't think its fair for him to get all the rewards and recognition for no hard work..but on the other hand I see wat you are saying too..so it is a hard subject to take sides

Yes I agree with U silver frost, it is happening everywhere sometimes hard work is not recognised, some people are plain lucky for example before the examination they might mug a set of q that luckily figure in the paper the next day and score good marks. But in the long run people who work hard  throught out are ensured of success , it may be late but cannot be denied forever.

signora2