•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago
Interview : Lalit Pandit going solo with Life Mein Kabhi Kabhiee

Jatin-Lalit duo had come out with many golden jewels in their span of career together. Being prominent music composers in Bollywood, they had ruled the charts and the minds of the people for long on the strength of the music that they delivered. Their melodious music has etched for them in the music industry. But they've split now and are working independently. Lalit Pandit has come out with his first solo film album 'Life Mein Kabhi Kabhiee'. As the film is on the verge of release this Friday we catch up with him to talk about the music of the film about which he appears very excited at the moment.

Excerpts from an Interview:  

What do you have to say about your first solo album Life Mein Kabhie Kabhiee?

This is my first solo album and so there is certain excitement attached to it.  I'm happy with the way things are going on in my life and also feeling glad that I've moved on. Also I'm satisfied with the way the music of Life Mein Kabhi Kabhiee has shaped up.

How was it working solo for the album in the sense that you've so far worked with Jatin?

I love music, I love working and I love to spend time making music. It builds my confidence and makes me put my best efforts when I think that I have to prove myself again. Right now I'm considering myself as a newcomer though I have the experience that I have gained over the years in this industry. People have supported me and given me opportunity to work with them. I am very happy about it.

Weren't there any hurdles that you faced working singularly?

I've been offered many opportunities by God and so there is nothing I can complain about.  My strategy remains the same – work hard and deliver good music. I don't want to let anybody down and so I'm working hard to prove myself again to the producer and director. I've faith that I'll keep getting works. I have always delivered consistent music and people who know Jatin-Lalit are aware about my work.

What kind of music have you composed for the film?

The music is as per the demand of the film. Life Mein Kabhie Kabhiee is a very different subject. The five friends around whom the film revolves around endeavor different professions after they finish their education. These people face come across different things in life as they pursue to become professionals. So the film deals with a different theme. There isn't any straightforward romantic situation and there is only one romantic track. All other songs are situational. But I've composed very melodious music for the film.

What kind of moods have you infused in the tracks of the film?

There is lots of variety in the songs. You can hear to fun music, which is again full of intensity. Two songs may be has been designed in that format. My forte is melodious scores and this album also offers the same. So it's a melodious album all the way.

Have you done any special experimentation with the tracks?

I've used some new kind of instrument for the songs. I have used a Chinese flute and also a Chinese string instrument, which is played with a bow. They sound amazing. I've used them in the track 'Hum Khushi Ki Chah Mein'.

Who are the singers you've roped in for the songs?

As it's a new and fresh kind of music and the film revolves around a young cast, I've used younger breed of singers. . Shaan one of my favourite singers has sung a song. There is a song with Zubin, Alka Yagnik and me. Two new boys, Shamit and Abhijeet have also sung in this track. KK and Gayatri have rendered the romantic track 'Hum Tum, Hum Tum'. Sunidhi Chauhan has sung 'Geehra Geehra' and it is a very different number. Sunidhi has sung the song very beautifully and I've also put lots of effort in it.

What are your forthcoming films?

I am doing a Mukesh Bhatt film called 'Showbiz' to be directed by Raju Khan. The music for my Bengali film Bidhataar Lekha is releasing, which I have done for Rani Mukherjee's production. Her brother Raja Mukherjee is directing the film. These are the two immediate releases. I have signed three very big films one of them is a Shah Rukh Khan film. I'm just letting myself go and working.

Edited by *salil* - 16 years ago
Thanx salil. 😊 Can we get the song tracks of this film. that may give us an idea how he has fared in his first solo film.

Barnali ji here is the link: (I posted it in other thread by mistake previously)

http://www.raaga.com/channels/hindi/movie/H001141.html

Originally posted by Barnali

Thanx salil. 😊 Can we get the song tracks of this film. that may give us an idea how he has fared in his first solo film.

Does any1 know y jatin-lalit team broke up?