•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago

Hi again guys,

This week's POV is by our very own .in oldie and .com newee angel_wings, Read on and be sure to leave your comments! If you wish to send in your entry for POV, PM datspreets now!

APRIL FOOL'S DAY: AN ODE

Ah April Fool Day!! When I was a kid my mom and my bro used to send me their yearly "there is a spider/cockroach on your head message"๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†!!. I still remember when I was about 9 years old my mom woke us up early in the morning on a school day and made us a special breakfast. Then she told me and my bro that we had the day off from the school and to hurry up and get dressed because we are going on a trip. We came downstairs all dressed and ready to go when she laughingly shouted "APRIL FOOOOLS"!! She really got us โ€ฆbut I laughed and laughed nonetheless๐Ÿ˜†!!

I'm not quite sure how this day originated, there have been too much debate and dispute over the theories and origins as to how this April Fools came to be, and i don't want to add my own 2-cents to this confusion, anymore. But I know that most people celebrate it, usually with practical jokes and harmless pranks. I remembered when I was in school, we used to write a "kick me" sign on our classmate's back.

One of my friends told me that some people can really be mean and nasty with their april fools' jokes. one prank done to my friend was like, someone borrowing money from her, without any intention of paying her back, ever. OMG!!! What a cool way to rip off a friend๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜†!!! Last year on April 1st, my best friend called me at work to tell me he was divorcing  his wife & I believed him .. & they've been fighting for just about anything. He  asked me for the forms to file for divorce and also if I know some good lawyer.. I talked to him & advised him to try to work things out first with his wife and divorce would only be their last option. โ€ฆbut he said he will try to work it out or maybe even seek counseling, but keeps on insisting me to send the form just in case it doesn't work out. So then, I talked with one of my lawyer cousin and  mailed him the forms, all filled-out with the needed information, and I even indicated where he needs to sign, and so on and so forth. The very next day, he called me up to tell me he received the forms, but he was laughing hysterically, telling me she got me and that was his April fools' prank on me!!!! oh well!! what can i do????? He really got me๐Ÿ˜ณ!!!! I told him it was a mean prank but he was just giggling.๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜†

I asked him to destroy that document coz it might create chaos later in life. He said he already didโ€ฆand also his wife Srijani knows about the entire prank. He told her beforehand in case I might talk with her.

I know that am gullible๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ณ!! I always am!! April Fools' Day is the day people should be reminded of Abraham Lincoln's famous line: "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time." โ€ฆso be careful out there ppl!!Don't fall into anybody's prank

-----------------------------

Edited by Naina_Manam - 16 years ago
Poor you, Vanshita! ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

I know, I am so bad with the April Fool jokes, all of my friends/family always get me ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Last year, on April Fool's, I woke up and my Dad was like "Naina, what did you do with the car?"

I was so confused and remembered that last night I was the one trying my hands on it  ๐Ÿ˜ณ And I was trying to remember where in the lesson did I mess up?

I kept thinking for like literally half an hour and he kept staring at me angrily. Finally he couldn't hold himself any longer and burst into laughter. Then he told me it was April Fool's prank. I was quite careful after that, though. ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‰

By the way, thanks for sharing your POV!!!
Thanks angel_wings for sharing your great POV!!! ๐Ÿ˜†

Ohhhh....but that April Fool's Joke your friend played on you was kinda sooooo mean. I mean, divorce is a very serious business and it just doesn't seem nice to make jokes on that kind of thing and you went to such great work to help him. Plus all those documents etc. Just not worthwhile enough to fool a best friend.

I usually am not good at spotting April pranks though I pull plenty of them!!! This time I texted all my friends "Happy Birthday". One of them simply didn't get IT and texted me back saying that her birthday was in June!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sometimes, April Fools jokes can be really mean. Usually lots of people have a sick sense of humour and use it as an excuse to tease people meanly on their weak spots.
oh...its posted already!! I didnt notice that!!
Am glad that u guys liked it!! ya...am  always gullible and ppl keeps on playing  prank on me!!...I agree natzz that was a mean joke...and i was very angry with him at that time!!...this yr thankfully nobody played prank on me
Edited by angel_wings - 16 years ago
generally people dont play a prank on me, maybe becoz i look serious most of the time n might snap at then. ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜• . but i did get fooled once wen my friend called me and said we dont have tuitions today, i believed that jerk n didnt go, n my 100Rs gone.

nice post ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Awsome POV..
Thanx for sharing..
Yup, yup..
Ppl usually try to get me, and sometimes believe me they get me soo bad..
But then i have my share of april fooling too..
:D

-Mahak-

OOOoooooh, April Fool's day... my-oh-my... I wasn't in station this year, or there would have been some great plans going on!!!

Seriously, however big the prank, the best is always the "There's a cockroach behind you!" one... It's the best, truly~!

Lovely POV indeed, keep it up!

Since the month is done, if you have your POV for the next month ready, please PM me (Naughty_n_nice)!

-Sam