•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago
Pal do pal ka saath
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   March 31, 2007

Aap jaa sakte hain: Sunil Pal
Life is not ha ha hee hee for Sunil Pal. The winner of Star One's The Great Indian Laughter Show was pencilled in to anchor Titan Antakshari on Zee in January. Now, the comedy king finds himself being booted out.

It is learnt that the channel was extremely unhappy with his performance of the show.

Moreover, some of the contestants (from the Zee soaps) gave him a tough time and he had openly expressed his displeasure to the channel and the producers.

Not happening

When asked about his ouster, Pal admits, "Yes, I am no longer part of Antakshari. I have not been shooting for a while."

Ashish Kaul, senior vice-president of Zee says, "Sunil will no longer be part of Antakshari.

Apart from lukewarm viewer association to Sunil, his preoccupation with other shows was also affecting Antakshari. Hence, we felt it was best to do away with him in the interest of the show."

The funster, however, claims that he left the show solely due to other commitments.

"I am doing Comedy Show Ha Ha for Star One and Comedy Champions for SaharaOne. Then there are my stage shows.

So when the talk came up for the shoot of fresh episodes of Antakshari, it was mutually agreed that I would no longer host it."

Pal also features in Raj Pendurkar's remake of the yesteryear film, Bombay To Goa. Pal co-anchored Antakshari with Himani Kapoor, a runner-up of Zee's Challenge 2005 contest. Earlier, he also had to incur Himani's displeasure, when she found some of his jokes in bad taste.

Karan Oberoi is the new host

Karan Oberoi of Band of Boys, who is better known as Mona 'Jassi' Singh's beau these days, is likely to be the new anchor of the show.

Apart from acting in Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin, Oberoi has co-anchored Hai Na Bolo Bolo, a music show with Nausheen Ali Sardar for Star Plus.

Thanks. Good news. I like Karan Oberoi. Looking fwd to watching him host the show. So is Himani still hosting Titan Antakshari? 😕
they made nice decision now i think himani also should replace with some nice anchor
thanks for the article

i feel bad for him cuz sum of their comments were rude
but ohh well, he's more of a comedian than a host...

but good thing that Himani is still hosting Titan Antakshari 😊