MAKMGR-Articles-Archive

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago

Meri Awaz Ko Mil Gayi Roshni Articles Archives

This thread will contain articles related to the show & actors of Meri Awaz Ko Mil Gayi Roshni.

Note:Please do not post any comments in this thread.

Edited by pinkykhan - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruti thumbnail

Sudha, STAR Plus' new primetime girl

As KBC is reaching its last leg, STAR Plus is readying serials to replace it. The first to go on air will be Meri Awaz Ko Mil Gayi Roshni which is Fox Television's first production in India. As the title suggests, the plot of the serial revolves around a girl who wants to be a singer. With the backdrop of a love story, the musical saga attempts to project brittle human relationships, where some wither away while others stand the test of time. The USP of the serial is that like a film it will have original songs right across episodes. Says Deepak Segal, Head of Fox Television Studios, India, "In a film all the emotional stretch points like happiness or melancholy are expressed in a song. We are doing the same for which we have recorded seven songs written by Nida Fazli and composed by Jeet Ganguly. We will be releasing a CD during the launch of the serial." The songs have been sung by Gayatri Ganjawalla, Mahalaxmi and Himshikha. Ashima Bhalla who has done a few films in the South plays the protagonist Sudha. Others in the cast include Karan Grover, Soumya Tandon, Saleem Shah and Shama Deshpande.

http://www.screenindia.com/fullstory.php?content_id=15337

shruti thumbnail
Ashima turns to the small screen
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   March 27, 2007

Bhalla features in Meri Awaz Ko Mil Gayi Roshni, which will replace KBC3

New Show: Ashima Bhalla

After Shah Rukh Khan and Kaun Banega Crorepati 3's exit from Star next month, it's back to soap time with Meri Awaz Ko Mil Gayi Roshni.

This mouthful of a title has some-time Bollywood actress Ashima Bhalla, who now does south films, making her small screen debut.

Ashima was seen in Vijay Sadanah's Pyaar Zindagi Hai (2001) and a couple of other flicks.

Saumya Tandon

The actress, who is currently shooting for a south film, says, "This is the first time I am doing TV and I am looking forward to it.

Once the shoot of the show progresses, I don't' think I can continue with south films," she adds.

The cast of the daily includes Karan Grover (Arjun of Saarthi), Soumya Tandon (Rusty of Aisa Des Hai Mera) besides Shama Deshpande and Saleem Shah.

'Fox'y business

Karan Grover

Interestingly, Meri Awaz Ko Mil Gayi Roshni is the first venture from Fox Television Studios India.

Deepak Segal, who was Star's executive vice-president content and communication, now heads Fox Television. The show will air from April 23 at 9 pm.

Says Segal, "We are also planning an afternoon soap. At the moment Fox India is only doing shows for Star but in the long run we may branch out. As a production house we are players in the same market but with international backing."

Meri Awaz... is being described as a soap with a filmi feel as there are songs in it. The plot revolves around Sudha, a small-town girl, who arrives in Mumbai aspiring to be a singer. Naturally, fate has other things lined up for her.

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2007/march/154238.htm

shruti thumbnail

By A.L. Chougule

Ashima Bhalla, is the girl who will replace the time slot left vacant by KBC after the show takes a seasonal break, with her debut serial Meri Awaz Ko Mil Gayi Roshni. The actress is very excited about this project because it's being made like a film. "It is a musical saga with original songs. Though essentially a love story, it will remain within the realms of the music world with lots of songs, which, like in films, will depict the elements of love, beauty, emotions, rivalry, stress and betrayal," she gushes. Meri Awaz, according to Ashima, is the story of a small town singer who comes to Mumbai for an audition and that's when her journey of love, success, betrayal and sacrifice begins.

Though Ashima may be new to the world of television, she is well acquainted with the movies. Unfortunately success eluded her in Bollywood, but Tollywood took a liking to her. "After the initial struggle, I became well settled in South Indian films. But my film career will have to wait for at least a year now because I am committed to the serial," she says. Ashima has done four Telugu movies, three Tamil ones and one Kannada film. "Two of my Telugu films, Daddy with Chiranjeevi and Chapavi Chirugali' were big hits. Also Ramanna and Sudeshi in Tamil did very well," says the actress who would have continued doing regional films had Meri Awaz not come her way. She is very excited about her television career as she says, "If all goes well, I don't want to say no to TV. I also would not mind doing Hindi films if the right offers come my way."

The actress is currently busy shooting for her serial in Pondicherry, which will be passed off for a fictitious small town in the show before it moves to Mumbai where all the action takes place.

http://www.deccan.com/Sunday%20Chronicle/Sunday%20ChronicleD escription.asp#Ashima%20all%20set%20to%20make%20dream%20debu t

shruti thumbnail

KBC gets a replacement

Priyanka Joshi / New Delhi March 27, 2007

New serial starting on 23 april Roshni and Kasturi.

Fox Production will debut on Star Plus with a musical to fill the gap left by SRK.

With Shahrukh Khan's moneyspinner Kaun Banega Crorepati's (KBC's) season coming to an end on April 19, Star Plus will be looking to cover up it's weekday prime time band of 9-10 pm with two new family dramas. A channel that refrains religiously from experimenting with serial formats, it hopes to hit gold with its new primetime line-up — albeit in the genre of family dramas.

For the 9 pm slot, Fox Production will debut with its first ever prime time show, Meri Awaaz Ko Mil Gayi Roshni (MAKMGR), replacing KBC from 23 April. The 9.30 pm slot will see the inclusion of yet another Balaji family drama, titled Kasturi.

Deepak Segal, head of Fox Television Studios, India, has only sweet words of praise for Fox's debut act. "It's a different show," he said, adding, "MAKMGR's story revolves around a young girl who is a singer from a small town and comes to the big bad city to make a name for herself and soon finds herself in love with a rich city boy."

Sounds familiar, does it? Not to Segal. "What makes MAKMGR different is its songs. And with seven songs exclusively recorded for the tele-musical, we will continue the song-and-drama tryst," he says.

The channel is also planning to release a music CD along with the serial's launch. Fox Studios is also ready with an afternoon family drama that will be aired on Star Plus and will launch a few non-fiction television shows by August-September.

"The roadmap for Fox Studios includes tapping the new media space like the IPTV platform for interactive programming and mobile episodes of a few popular serials that are on our radar this year," shares Segal.

On an average, a television serial requires an investment of around Rs 10 lakh (to begin with) but Fox's idea of a musical instead of run-of-the-mill family dramas is going to cost the company a tad higher. Harsh Rohtagi, general manager (marketing and content), Star India, is convinced that MAKMGR will get the ratings.

He says, "The target audience is the general soap audience that primarily consists of women aged between 15-35 years. Being an emotional love story woven with a musical backdrop, it has everything that we need for our weekday primetime bands."

While talks for a second season of KBC have been confirmed by Rohtagi, he was unwilling to share the launch dates.

"We are very sure that KBC and Shahrukh will be back for a second season and since we had a good first season, you can expect the channel to capitalise on brand KBC," Rohtagi confirms.

KBC opened strong with a rating of 12.3 but eventually fell to 7-8 TVR points, which is way lower than its family dramas that score on an average a TVR of 12-13.
shruti thumbnail
"I am going around with Kavita since a year"
Karan Grover

A self proclaimed ambitious guy, Karan Grover has dabbled with many vocations. A chemical engineer by qualification, he has tried his hand at event management, has ranked in the top ten of Gladrags contest, VJed with Zee Music and finally found his true calling, that's acting.

Since two years he's been loyal to his debut noontime daily, Saarthi. And it's now that Karan has taken up a pivotal project, Meri Awaz Ko Mil Gayi Roshni backed by Fox Television Studio (India) that will soon replace KBC.

Prashant Golecha meets up with Mr. Grover, who's happily shuttling between two shows.

Can you elucidate on your role in your new show, Meri Awaz Ko….?

I play Raj, a sales and marketing guy who realizes his own worth while making efforts to make the lead protagonist (played by Ashima Bhalla) a successful singer. Here the characterization is in contrast to my role in Saarthi.

So far, how has this new association been?

We have shot for more than 20 days. The production values are amazing. The detailing is excellent. Fox Television's Deepak Sehgal is extremely passionate about the show and it rubs on all of us. Looking at his level of dedication, we are very motivated to give our best.

Your debut show Saarthi will still be close to your heart. Right?

Yes, for reasons that it was my launch pad and that I have received amazing feedback for the same. I play Arjun in this modern day Mahabharat, who's very idealistic and positive. We have recently completed 500 episodes.

What are you passionate about other than acting?

I'm an out-an-out film buff. I love working out if time permits and prefer to meet people than read books.

Do you relate to saas bahu shows? Has Balaji offered you anything?

I don't relate to such shows at all. Balaji has never approached me for any of their project.

Are you seeing Kavita Kaushik?

Yes we are going around since a year. I met her at an Xmas bash then. She's done fifteen episodes in my show Saarthi four months back.

What traits of hers do you like the most?

Kavita is a self made woman. She is the most talented actress around. Despite of a huge body of work she retains the same enthusiasm and passion to do bigger and better.

Is marriage on the cards?

Not at all. At this stage of life, career is top most priority for both of us.

http://www.tellychakkar.com/y2k7/apr/3apr/interview_karan.ph p

shruti thumbnail
Ashima Bhalla's mum about her special someone!

She would prefer to talk about her work instead.

DHAVAL ROY

There aren't many actors in the TV industry who can boast of working with big filmstars, but Ashima Bhalla, who's recently bagged a TV project, is one girl who can. Having worked in two films — Sudhakar Bokade's Pyar Zindagi Hai and Arjun Sablok's Na Tum Jaano a Hum opposite Saif Ali han — Ashima has also one an item number in athyaar with Sanjay utt. That's not all, the rl has also done as many eight films down South. nd now she is all set to e seen in Meri Awaz Ko il Gayi Roshni, the show hich may take Kaun anega Crorepati's slot ter it goes off air. "That's actually the iggest high so far," aughs Ashima, who is
not nervous that her show will be taking place of KBC. "Meri Awaz… is actually the first ever show, which is totally music based. There are full fledged siginal compositions in the show, which is what I ink will really attract e audiences," says shima confidently. It was this unique feare of the show that had shima say yes to the ow in the first place. After I did those couple of oles in films, I had been etting a lot of TV serials, ut most of the TV have ardly any creative roles, nd I didn't want to do nything that wouldn't be oticed; so I just kept rning them down and aiting for the right show come my way," she says, dding that likewise was e case in terms of films, which are more about exposing and kissing on screen, according to her.
   For the time being, Ashima is busy only with Meri Awaz… "I just hope the show goes on and on for years," she giggles.
   Talking of television, the shows that Ashima like watching are Saat Phere and Maayka and would love to do something similar.
   A self-confessed 'mad woman', Ashima loves adventure sports and is a big time foodie. Wellaccustomed to the army ways — her father is in the army — she is very disciplined and punctual. In fact, initially she used to get peeved by the industry people's late coming ways.
   The Punjabi kudi has been in Mumbai for close to four years and has adjusted to the city rather well, given her vagabondish lifestyle because of the army background. The city has given her good opportunities in term of work so far.
   Ask her about a special someone, and she's quick to reply, "Ah! Now that's a bit personal. Let's just say my family is most special to me right now," is all she has to say.

shruti thumbnail

Soumya Tandon made her debut in a lead role in Aisa Des Hai Mera a year ago. Now the actress, who is currently doing two films, including one with Kareena Kapoor where she is playing Kareena's sister, is returning to TV in a parallel lead in a new show called Meri Awaz Ko Mil Gayi Roshni where she plays Riya, a singer, who is locked in a love triangle involving the lead pair played by Ashima Bhalla and Karan Grover.

"It is a completely different and refreshing show, which is a love story set against the backdrop of the music industry. My character is also completely different from what I played in Aaisa Des. Riya is not a typical girl people see in most daily soaps but is ambitious, has desires and works hard to realise her dreams," says Soumya who admits that initially she was skeptical about taking up the role.

"After the lead role in Teen Bahuraniyaan didn't work out I had an option to choose from other two offers. But I settled for Meri Awaz because it's a challenging role for me where people will see me playing a completely different character," she explains. "I'm not too bothered about playing a parallel lead because the role has lot of meat. Riya is not a good-goody, sacrificing girl but quite a strong-headed person who treads her own path."

http://www.deccan.com/TV%20Guide/TV%20GuideDescription.asp#M eri%20Awaz%20is%20a%20love%20triangle

shruti thumbnail

Spot light !

After a couple of Hindi and half-a-dozen South films, Ashima Bhalla is all set to take on the primetime with her simple but aspirational village belle act in STAR Plus' Meri Awaaz Ko Mil Gayi Roshni...

Five years ago, Ashima Bhalla made her film debut with KC Bokadia's Pyar Zindagi Hai opposite another newcomer Vikas Kalantri. The film came and went without a trace. "It wasn't released properly," points out Ashima who actually would have made her foray into the world of acting with another film which "unfortunately got shelved". Not one to be disheartened, the girl from Chandigarh, stuck around with smaller roles in Hrithik-Esha-Saif-starrer Na Tum Jaano Na Hum and an 'item' number in Hathyar. "I had come to Mumbai to participate in a contest and I started getting film and modelling offers," offers Ashima. She did commercials for Nikhar soap, Hair & Care and Chik Shampoo to name a few. She even took up acting and dancing classes to steer her career in the right direction but the Hindi moviedom wasn't ready for her. So, she did the next best thing. Like many a heroine who embraced South films after failing to make a mark in Bollywood, Ashima too went Southward. Her first film Ramanna co-starring Vijkaykanth was a huge hit. What is it about the North girls that attracts Southeners? "I don't know but I got plenty of offers," grins the pretty actor who decided to cash in on her success there. With her classic desi looks, she fitted the role of an Indian village belle to the 'T' and did a couple of films portraying a "talkative gaonwalli" . She played the glam girl too and scaled the popularity charts with item numbers 'Yaaron Yaravan...' in Allauddin, 'Vana vana...' in Daddy and 'Cheppave chiluka...' in Jeshtha. Talking about the South co-stars, Ashima says they are very down-to-earth. "No starry airs, no tantrums for their own make-up van: I think one should experience working in South films which are shot in real time - if an early morning scene is to be shown, they are up and ready at 6 am to shoot - and they finish quickly," is her ardent advice. Yet, after nine films in various languages including Telugu, Tamil and Kannada opposite superstars Nagarjuna, Chiranjeevi and Prabhu Deva, Ashima is now itching to be back in the Hindi heartland. Even if it means using television as a stepping stone."Television is big these days and TV stars bigger," she argues. Ashima who has been getting offers for serials since the last three years finally succumbed to one as the "script is great". A musical saga, Meri Awaaz Ko Mil Gayi Roshni traces the life of a small-town girl, Sudha who dreams of being a singer and comes to the city. She meets a guy, falls in love with him and... "I cannot reveal much right now," laughs Ashima who plays the protagonist.

Sudha, according to Ashima is a very simple and honest girl who just wants to follow her dream. "I identify with her completely because like Sudha, even I hail from a small town. I am also family-oriented and don't go anywhere without my mother," she explains. The USP of the serial, points out Ashima, are the storyline and the songs across the episodes. "Currently, the musical shows on air are the Antaksharis, and there's not a single serial with original songs in it. Meri Awaaz... has fresh compositions which will be shot like a film," enthuses Ashima who is yet to shoot a song. The initial episodes of the serial are being shot in Pondicherry. Does her comeback to Mumbai mean she is bidding adieu to South films? "No, I am open to South films, in fact any good film irrespective of the language," clarifies Ashima whose last Tamil film is Sudeshi with her hit co-star Vijaykanth.

http://www.screenindia.com/fullstory.php?content_id=15409

Edited by Manoj_Tina fan - 17 years ago
shruti thumbnail

Meri Awaz Ko Mil Gayi Roshni replacing Kaun Banega Crorepati

After Shah Rukh Khan and Kaun Banega Crorepati 3's exit from Star next month, it's back to soap time with Meri Awaz Ko Mil Gayi Roshni.

This mouthful of a title has some-time Bollywood actress Ashima Bhalla, who now does south films, making her small screen debut. Ashima was seen in Vijay Sadanah's Pyaar Zindagi Hai (2001) and a couple of other flicks.

The actress, who is currently shooting for a south film, says, "This is the first time I am doing TV and I am looking forward to it. The cast of the daily includes Karan Grover (Arjun of Saarthi), Soumya Tandon (Rusty of Aisa Des Hai Mera) besides Shama Deshpande and Saleem Shah. The half-hour serial will be telecast from 23 April at the 9 pm prime time slot that is now occupied by KBC 3. As for the 9:30 pm slot, it will be yet another Balaji soap Kasturi.

http://www.tvguideindia.com/

Edited by Manoj_Tina fan - 17 years ago