Debate Mansion

Loveless marriage or Divorce

gk_hara thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

should a person live a married life which is void of any love, respect or understanding only because your parents want this, or because of  u r kids  or any other social compulsion

or rather divorce that person and  start a new life.

what do u guys say?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kudi420 thumbnail

AGREE WITH GENTLE GIRL..................LIVING A LOVELESS LIFE IS POINTLESS . DIVORCE IS THE BETTER OPTION

greatmaratha thumbnail
It depends on whether or not u want to continue a relationship or not.  If you do not want to stay in a loveless marriage, you must defi get out of the relationship.   No point in continuing a relation you dont want.
Aparna_BD thumbnail
Its better to get out of a lousy relationship ......but giving your best to it first !!!!Otherwise its children who suffer the consequences ......i've seen my friends suffer and so will the kids as they grow older !!
pj04 thumbnail

firstly marraige is a commitment blessed by the society and love is a state of mind. one should be very careful when he/she decides to walk out on a commitment. infact the bigger issue is when do you call your marraige a loveless marraige.

usually if your marraige was an arranged one, then first two to three years are very hard on the couple(they are adjusting with the whims of each other, coping with the expectations of society and families, trying to give each other access to thier soul and heart and so on....).most people think of divorce multiple times during this period, however once they bond and get to know each other...they often wonder what they were fighting about and how they managed to survive so long without eachother( i like to think this of as a mature kind of love).

another reason for dissatisfaction is that most unmarried couples view thier impending married lives as an extension of fairytales...this view is further propogated by the tv shows and movies where the characters seem to have no other job than to spend time with thier beloved and pamper them. undersuch circumstances the real married life comes as a shock and most people begin to view thier otherwise tranquil life as loveless(reality can never come close to the fairytale romances). i would consider it very silly to walk out of marraige because it does not compare to what you define as marraige full off love.

another problem i often see with couple these days is that they want everything without having to work for it.relationships too need a lot of work and patience . instead of blaming your partner for the loveless marraige, it might be wise to introspect how much you are giving in to the relationship. are you working hard enough??. or are you just going on with your life and expecting the other person to pick up the slack. have you even conveyed you feelings about the current state of marital life calmly to him/her without blaming her for everything that has gone wrong.

however once you analyse everything wisely and sensibly and you still feel that you are unhappy and probably will never be happy and your frustation has begun to spill on everyday activities, you might consider divorce(don't rush into it)  and start with temporary seperation (it helps to put things in perspective).

prem_diwani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

pj04 said it perfectly.

I agree in totality.

**PD**

Bumblebee thumbnail

When caught in such a marriage I feel that divorce will be the right move to make that is if you r still young and the children are young.

If you have stayed in the marriage for a long time and as u are getting old what difference does it make whether the marriage is a loveless or unhappy one. 

You could still stay married and live your seperate lives.  The children are grown and are having familes of their own.  You do not have any more commitments and u are free of your responsibilities.  You can still make the best of your remaining years with friends and family around you.  It does not have to be where you are totally dependent on your husband to be able to find your niche or happiness.

simi1295 thumbnail
i think it depends on the person. bc when ur thinkn abt divorce and you have kids, then you need to think more about the kids then urself. and talk to you them and see what they think.  marriage is somthing that the whole family goes thrw and its not about only abt husband and wife.   rather then thinkn what makes you happy, i guess you should think abt what makes every1 happy. im not sayn stay in that relationship even though its crap, but still make sure you work at it.
Aparna_BD thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Bumblebee

If you have stayed in the marriage for a long time and as u are getting old what difference does it make whether the marriage is a loveless or unhappy one. 

I disagree that if you are old you don't have to bother about walking out of a loveless marriage and seeking hapiness. If you are mature enough and financially and mentally strong enough , i don't see why you shouldn't seek happiness in another partner .
ME_T thumbnail
i say if ur unhappy with ur marriage then divorce. why go through somehting then you can avoid it?