Debate Mansion

Discussion:Relation Betw Kitchen & Female

Too_Much thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 17 years ago

Hi,

I want to share a scene in my life which happened couple of days back. It was a debate between me (as usualπŸ˜ƒ) and a receptionist of a training institute.

The scene start like this:-

I went to institute to get enroll in some course.

On the first day of class, one of my classmate didn't came so lecturer said today class will not be there as a girl didn't came so we will start classes from tomorrow.

I went to the receptionist and asked what was the reason. She said the same, I was lil anxious that who is this girl:-

She said:-she wants to finish the course in fast track she got engaged recently and getting married next month.

I said:- I cant understand the connection, she is getting married next month so why she want to learn this…

She said:-what you mean by that.

I said:-she should learn cooking if she is a house wife and if she is a working woman then why she is rushing for this course..

She said:- how dare you tell like this.

I said:- excuse me, what I said.

She said:- that she should learn cooking to be a house wife.

I said:- is there any dare ness required to say this?πŸ˜‰, I don't think so.

She said:-never ever say that a girl is made for kitchen.

I said:- ohh I know for what  she is made.

Then she started the lecture hmmm

She said:-in today's society girls are way ahead then guys.

I said:- really!!! I never knew, in which field.

She said :- what you mean, in every field and guys join companies to work coz girls are there.

I said:- (I realized she is getting lil serious)hmm I agree coz guys need some entertainment while working.(she got more mad)..

She said:- what if we don't cook?

I said:- kya yaar, hotels are there for us only…

She said:- can u eat daily outside, will you not feel tired

I said:- no chance but if we eat daily in home then might..

Then we didn't dragged the topic it was end of the discussion but while I was leaving she said…plz don't tell any girl that she should cook food etc…

So I want to ask every one, Is being a housewife a disrespected job?

Is house wife's not equal to a working woman?

I feel being a house wife (seeing after kids) is the hardest job in this world.

Cheers,

Ahmed

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

raunaq thumbnail
when i read this, i felt that this discussion is started by a male and it says male on the side of your nameπŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† jokes apart.

why are girls always associated with kitchen? 😑 girls are not born in kitchen. this is truly loathful that when a girl's rishta is brought, most of the guys ask do you know how to cook? 🀒 girls and guys should share the chores equally specially when it comes to house that includes kitchen too. don't forget some of the best chef of the world are males πŸ˜‰ like sanjeev. there are couples where guys cook. and there is nothing wrong if the guys cook. they won't have their heads down by stepping into kitchen. it all depends on couple who wants to share the chores. if the guy wants to clean, then she can cook but they can split the work. girls being in kitchen is culture stereotype. back in days, guys would work whereas girls would be in kitchen as well as taking care of the house and kids. being a mothers is the hardest job in the world. as it is said it's a full time job but unpaid πŸ˜’ thumbs up to all mothers of the world who have chosen to stay home and take care of family and kids πŸ˜› and also thumbs up for the working mothers. also hats off to all housewives. let me open my umbrella before someone starts bashing me

P.S.being a housewife is not disrespectful at all. it depends on the guy whom she is married to who would taunt her all the time and make it seem disrespectful πŸ˜• .Edited by raunaq - 17 years ago
SholaJoBhadkey thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: guess_gallery

Hi,

I want to share a scene in my life which happened couple of days back. It was a debate between me (as usualπŸ˜ƒ) and a receptionist of a training institute.

On the first day of class, one of my classmate didn't came so lecturer said today class will not be there as a girl didn't came so we will start classes from tomorrow.

I went to the receptionist and asked what was the reason. She said the same, I was lil anxious that who is this girl:-

She said:-she wants to finish the course in fast track she got engaged recently and getting married next month.

I said:- I cant understand the connection, she is getting married next month so why she want to learn this…

I said:-she should learn cooking if she is a house wife

Why assume that she doesn't already know how to cook?

and if she is a working woman then why she is rushing for this course..

There can be hundreds of reasons why an "earning" woman might want to complete something quickly, especially if she is getting married. The foremost one is that once she gets married she will have added responisbilities that may not allow her to work, adjust to her new home and take the course, so she gets it done and over with before taking on new responsibilities. That's called thinking ahead!

She said :- what you mean, in every field and guys join companies to work coz girls are there.

I said:- (I realized she is getting lil serious)hmm I agree coz guys need some entertainment while working.(she got more mad)..

Then we didn't dragged the topic it was end of the discussion but while I was leaving she said…plz don't tell any girl that she should cook food etc…

The hardest job in the world is being a woman, period. 

Cheers,

Ahmed

In response to your first question - no, being a housewife is not disrespectful. What is disrespectful is the presumptuous attitude about a woman's role and it's rigid comparmentalisation.

In response to your second question - no again! Being a housewife is not the same as being an "earning" woman. The latter has dual roles, and double responsibilities. And it can be tougher if the man of the house is prone to spraining his finger while attempting to lift it!!!

ani11 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Hi,

lucky u,we did'nt have a class when the lecturer did'nt come.....πŸ˜†

i am curious too.......there goes one of my lives........8 left now....😭

I said:-she should learn cooking if she is a house wife and if she is a working woman then why she is rushing for this course..

that was an insulting comment.......don't u think so?

i would have said the same thing..........

what u said???????excuse ME..........😲

let the housewives read this and then u will know............πŸ˜†

absolutely!!!!!!!!

tell me ,what for??

exactly!!

in all the fields,did u know that at any given age girls are much more brainier than boysπŸ‘

hahaπŸ˜†

me too........getting mad,grrrrrrrrrπŸ˜‘πŸ˜†

whatever gave u that idea........its the most difficult job!!!!

It is much more important in certain ways..........and anyways who says that working woman don't care about their houses,i have worked and now at present i am a house wife planning to start work again..............believe me being a house wife is tough..............i would choose working carreer anyday but in anycase working or housewives.............don't underestimate either of them..............they are tough........and i have equal respect for bothπŸ‘

there u go........πŸ‘

Cheers,

Ahmed

Morgoth thumbnail

Cheers,

Ahmed

Yes, I agree. However, limiting the housewife to cooking is demeaning to her isn't it? Especially if she wants to take a separate non-household related course anyway? Its a matter of her choice.

raunaq thumbnail
Originally posted by: serialbuff

The hardest job in the world is being a woman, period.

πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ this statement of yours entails everything that had to be said for a woman πŸ‘πŸΌ Edited by raunaq - 17 years ago
persistence thumbnail

Originally posted by: raunaq

πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ this statement of yours entails everything that had to be said for a woman πŸ‘πŸΌ

A very nice statement! All I wanted to say has been said beautifully by others. To the poster of this topic -- IMHO, I am amazed at your tone in the conversation; I can not imagine a person saying all that to another, especially about a woman to another.

No offence, but after reading this post and the one that made it to the sticky (about divorce, and responsibility of a man and woman), I would run in the opposite direction if I met a person with similar views. And a husband with such views.... tauba, tauba!  God shall save me there.😳

Persy

raunaq thumbnail
Originally posted by: reeps

A very nice statement! All I wanted to say has been said beautifully by others. To the poster of this topic -- IMHO, I am amazedat your tone in the conversation; I can not imagine a person saying all that to another, especially about a woman to another.

No offence, but after reading this postand the one that made it to the sticky (about divorce, and responsibility of a man and woman), I would run in the opposite direction if I met a person with similar views. And a husband with such views.... tauba, tauba! God shall save me there.😳

Persy

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† make sure you have a danda in hand incase that person haunts you with his exclusive cookery book πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

so it's concluded that not only women(a la houswives)but men(a la househusbands πŸ˜‰ ) can do the cooking 😳 Edited by raunaq - 17 years ago
persistence thumbnail

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† make sure you have a danda in hand incase that person haunts you with his exclusive cookery book πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† just kidding

so it's concluded that not only women(a la houswives)but men(a la househusbands πŸ˜‰ ) can do the cooking 😳

πŸ˜†πŸ˜† I think I am safe; I can't cook so men who give prominence to kitchen over brains and personality will never come near me.😳 πŸ˜†

Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ this statement of yours entails everything that had to be said for a woman πŸ‘πŸΌ

And I would like to add - the bestestesteset thing to be is a woman...I loooove being one and I thank God for making me a woman...

And no, being a housewife is not at all demeaning...If a person chooses to be a housewife and a care taker of her kids then what's wrong with it..Is it not a full time job???And how is the man able to go out and work???I say, it could be a man going out and work, but if the woman behind him is not making it easy for him, he would not be able to perform...PERIOD...