Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TallyHo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago

Hi ppl,

I am just back from a lovely holiday in Switzerland...it is considered to be a dream destination for tourists by many and now I know why...beautiful country with a well preserved ecology, friendly people, an absolutely wonderful public transport system...

this set me thinking about India as a tourist destination...we seem to have the right ingredients...Beaches , Heritage Monuments, Palaces and Temples,Sandy Deserts, Rain Forests, lakes, rivers,vast streches of Greenery,  innumerable festivals celebrated with gusto through out the year, hospitable people...still we are dismally behind the other popular tourist destinations of the world...

What are the reasons...What can be done to improve the situation...can we ever become a tourist friendly country...Would love to hear your views..

And yes...it feels good to be back...hope all u guys missed me!😉😆

Edited by TallyHo - 17 years ago
raunaq thumbnail
welcome back 😛 i am sure you might have enjoyed it, i have also found such places very clean and tourist friendly such that i can literally spend my time on such pavements 😆 😆 😆 . i have seen in india people don't have a good sanitation, this is not from experience but saying it by watching the movie toofan this lady throws the garbage on the head of toofan's friend 😕, that makes me think how often does that happen, i cannot believe people in india can do that, don't they have trash cans? now i am sure it doesn't happen everywhere, there might be some elite places where people don't do that but still some places need to be cleaned. i am not even talking about the villages but those cities and towns need some kind of cleaning. moreover people must stop spitting paan especially anywhere, they should have those boxes that you usually see in movies about lucknow to spit in it, please 🤢 🤢 🤢 or they must spit in some plant or container but not on streets or walls 🤢 🤢 🤢 Edited by raunaq - 17 years ago
mermaid_QT thumbnail
Originally posted by: TallyHo

Hi ppl,

I am just back from a lovely holiday in Switzerland...it is considered to be a dream destination for tourists by many and now I know why...beautiful country with a well preserved ecology, friendly people, an absolutely wonderful public transport system...

u made me nostalgic about my country of birth 😳😳

this set me thinking about India as a tourist destination...we seem to have the right ingredients...Beaches , Heritage Monuments, Palaces and Temples,Sandy Deserts, Rain Forests, lakes, rivers,vast streches of Greenery,  innumerable festivals celebrated with gusto through out the year, hospitable people...still we are dismally behind the other popular tourist destinations of the world...

yepp and a rich plethora of monuments dazzling its ancient history and culture 👏

What are the reasons...What can be done to improve the situation...can we ever become a tourist friendly country...Would love to hear your views..

And yes...it feels good to be back...hope all u guys missed me!😉😆

We did miss you Ashu, but you missed not much 😳 in comparison to Suisse.  😆😆 
I think that in order to improve Indian tourism, we should work on building better infrastructure and also work sincerely hard on respecting what Mother nature has blessed us with, instead of trashing it 😕 Advertising diverse attractions more than TajMahal & Goa could be helpful too!

You can find more views in
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=496293&K W=tourism

Check out nice posts by Bhilwara and Sareg 😃
Welcome back Ashu! 
mqt

Ashu, Welcome back. We missed you. I thought you were taking a break so I didn't PM you. But looks like you didn't miss us as you were busy singing 'Tere mere honton pe' with Mr.Ashu in Switzerland ki haseen wadiyan.😉😆

Lack of proper sanitation and infrastructure is the main drawback in Indian tourism.

TallyHo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Maya_M

. But looks like you didn't miss us as you were busy singing 'Tere mere honton pe' with Mr.Ashu in Switzerland ki haseen wadiyan.😉😆

ya sure with 2 kids in tow who either wanted to visit the bathroom or wanted to eat chocolates or were very tired to walk or were cold....I didnt even get to sing the romantic numbers in my dreams!😆

mermaid_QT thumbnail

ya sure with 2 kids in tow who either wanted to visit the bathroom or wanted to eat chocolates or were very tired to walk or were cold....I didnt even get to sing the romantic numbers in my dreams!😆 

LOL maya ..  😆
Ashu,  awww..   but still the vacation sounds romantic to me !!  I can give you my mom's contact to share the sorrow 😛😆
ani11 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
.Edited by ani11 - 14 years ago
😆

😆 I was expecting this reply. Hope kids had a great time.

raunaq thumbnail
Originally posted by: egghatcher

yup.yup..... those kids sure can bring about Romantus Interruptus at will..😉by the way i was conceived in the alps ( not sure if it was the swiss or the italian side but my yodelling speaks for itself ) and launched out in mumbai 😳

welcome back !!

comparisons to india are odious in my humble opinion.. One thing we do not lack is attentiveness ... even while spewing out that paan raunaq refers to our best brains do the programming and math extempore on the streets..... There has never been so much proliferation of intellect as is present on those very slummy streets of India ..... not supporting the crime and slime mind you .... but stating a fact as i am personally aware of ..

Tourist attraction ? our tourism industry is way up there in promoting our economy dont worry.. Foreigners know what to avoid now and simply put up with our swagataam logo of paan on street or fecus ridden side walks and move hinterland to take in our natural beauty that is prevalent simply no where else in the world.

on a flip side where else in (sic)developed countries do u get to see what you pass on quitely in your toilets eh ..... so that is another revelation for all of us who cringe from stark realities 😆😆

i didn't mean to offend anyone here by talking about paan but i do find it not good, i just said what i have seen 😃 however, no matter what, india has its own charm.
nerdynerd thumbnail
I think it has to do with the dirty roads, trash everywhere, public facilties can give anyone disease. I mean last summer when I went to India the first thing when you enter Delhi is the trash right outside the city which goes on for 2 miles..I am sure that will attract lots of tourists 🤢 And the other thing is our tourist department really needs to learn how to advertise our culture outside of the country...you see all of these ads on other countries but we barely ever see India..yes there is dirt and all but there is the rich color and so much more that can be advertised...foreigners just get these pics of poverty and dirt which isn't really an ideal spot for vacation for many...so the tourism department needs to give the world a taste of what India has to offer and yes clean up a bit! No offense just my opinions 😊