•  
Posted: 17 years ago

Hey all,

Post all articles and hot news related to Dhanno Bole to in this thread

Oye ji no comments.........😉

Naughty at noon… Dhanno..Bole To...
01/03/2007 | Vierendra Bhargav

Afternoons won't be the same again. That sleepy, sloppy, almost dopey time of the day is in for a karaara jhatka. And this Jhatka has a name- Dhanno, the wildest whacko ever to burst upon unsuspecting households through Aaj Tak - The Sabse Tez News Channel, daily at 2.30 pm

You have heard of Peeping Toms & Nosey Parkars – but here comes Dhanno who is too gloriously outrageous for you to ignore. She has a bit about everybody and everything up her sleeves and she shares all of those bits with her audience with so much mirch-masala that they wait for her day after day. Dhanno of Dhanno Bole To... is a chuckling, chortling riot and the way she sashays us across the beautiful people is rocking to the hilt. You feast upon Dhanno Ke Dhamake, drilling through an SRK to Rohit to Rani to Ash n' Abhishek to Rajshree to Bebo to Rajeev to Preity to Smriti to Subhash Ghai to Shveta Salve to… ad infinitum! Whatever you wanted to know about all your fav dudes & dolls is all there in the show and that too with the lip-smacking flavour of Dhanno's tangy tongue…..

Vierendra Bhargav

Of life and other things

Maninee De on lessons life has taught her and how she wants to do more than television

Anchoring …
"The show is funny and edgy. A lot of behind-the-scene stuff with stars will be shown. It is mostly shot in the studio, but once in a while I do have to go out," says Maninee about the show 'Dhanno Bolo To' that she will be hosting on Aaj Tak."In 'Jeete Hai Jiske Liye' I play Renuka's sister in-law. It is a glamorous role as it requires the character to wear designer stuff and everything. And, yes, she is funny as well," she says about her character in the show.

Talking about not playing any lead roles she says, "I don't see myself as a Parvati or Tulsi. I prefer having a variety of roles and not be stuck to just one lead for a long time," says Maninee.

The actor and mother says her relationship with her co-stars is purely work-like. "But, yes, I am fond of Renuka Shahane as she is well-read and intelligent."

Change…
Maninee says, given a chance, she would like to bring about a change in the working hours in this industry. She explains, "There is no respect for actors. They are under the threat of getting replaced."

Learning curve…
Talking about what this industry has taught her she says, "Survival. I have also learnt that trying to be a perfectionist never helps. Also, there is no excuse for a bad performance. If you show too much attitude nobody will be ready to tolerate you." She goes on to say, "Marriage has taught me compassion, passion, sharing and the ability to accept in totality."

Time for family…
"I don't like working on Sundays. I take out time for my family. I practise yoga and read religiously. I am a believer in god and am spiritual. When I am not around, Dianoor's nanny takes care of her or else Mihir does," she says.

Dianoor dislikes anyone who gets rude with Maninee on screen. "She had made her debut in 'Jassi  Jaisi Koi Nahin'  (in one of the scenes). I don't know what she wishes to become but I would like her to complete her education."

Dream ahead…
"I am done with television. I would love to work for old people and kids. This is something that is meaningful to me," says Maninee. "I also see myself behind the camera someday. I watched 'Eklavya' and just loved it. The detailing took my breath away."

Edited by Shariefah - 17 years ago

Maninee's spiritual birthday plans

Tomorrow (22nd March) is actor Maninee De's birthday. This spunky actor is not known to throw parties or celebrate it on the sets as she believes, "Birthdays no longer have the charm they used to earlier. Or probably I have grown too old to celebrate them," rues this Arian.

So, what are her plans for tomorrow? "I have taken an off from shooting and will go to Shirdi with my husband and daughter. I want to be with Baba and seek his blessings," says Maninee.

It is learnt that every year on her birthday she feeds the orphans and the aged
from an old age home, to which she reluctantly admits, "I don't want to speak about it. On my daughter Dianoor's and my birthday, it has been our tradition to feed the needy. I would rather give the money to the poor than waste it on parties." That's what she intends to do this year too but at Shirdi.

She is presently acting in Sony's Jeete Hain Jiske Liye as the youngest daughter of Dhanrajgir family, a social butterfly with dual sexuality. Another show which she is thrilled about is Dhano Bole Tho because it appears on the news channel, Aaj Tak, and she gets to play herself, which according to her is, "a very tongue-in-cheek show where I interview celebs - it's a take-off on everyone, in jest of course. It's totally irreverent and fun." Has any actor taken offence? "Not so far," says Maninee impishly, "though I ask embarrassing questions sometimes."

She has not been seen in any movie after the supet hit Krrish where she was the heroine Priyanka Chopra's best friend. "There is something in the pipeline, but let me sign on the dotted lines before I speak on it," says the vivacious Maninee.

We wish Maninee, 'A happy and wish-fulfilling birthday!'

Cast and Broadcasting Time of Dhanno Bole To

Channel :AAJ TAK
Serial Timing :Everyday at 2:30pm
Cast :Manini De Mishra & Sumit Raghvan
Produced by :Anushka Images Pvt. Ltd.

Posted: 16 years ago
Send to Friend

DHANNO BOLE TO... 01/03/2007
By Shashi Ranjan

Channel : AAJ TAK
Serial Timing : Everyday at 2:30pm
Cast : Manini De Mishra & Sumit Raghvan
Produced by : Anushka Images Pvt. Ltd.

The Review

Afternoons are not the same anymore. That sleepy, sloppy, almost dopey time of the day is in for a Karaara Jhatka. And this Jhatka has a name- Dhanno, the wildest whacko ever to burst upon unsuspecting households through Aaj Tak.

You have heard of Peeping Toms & Nosy Parkars – but here comes Dhanno who is too gloriously outrageous for you to ignore. She has a bit about everybody and everything up her sleeves and she shares all of those bits with her audience with so much Mirch-Masala that they wait for her day after day.

Dhanno of Dhanno Bole To is a chuckling, chortling riot and the way she sashays us across the beautiful people is rocking to the hilt. You feast upon Dhanno Ke Dhamake, drilling through an SRK to Rohit to Rani to Ash n' Abhishek to Rajshree to Bebo to Rajeev to Preity to Smriti to Subhash Ghai to Shveta Salve to… ad infinitum! Whatever you wanted to know about all your fav dudes & dolls is all there in the show and that too with the lip-smacking flavour of Dhanno's tangy tongue and varied accents, like today she is a Gujarati, tomorrow a Haryanvi, the day after a Mumbaiya tapori... and so on.

Therefore, when Dhanno gives you her Gyan on the goings-on of the tinsel town, you lap it up voraciously. She gives it, 'Seedhe Kadahi Se' and you never tire of gushing – Yeh Dil Maange More…!

And the garb of Dhanno is being donned by the live-wire Maninee Mishra ne De, who has a terrific penchant for accents and dialects. That is why she has made seeing Dhanno such an electric experience.

Then besides her, there is Veeru also in the show. He is Dhanno's counterpoint and with her, takes the viewers on a rollercoaster ride into the world of Entertainment with particular focus on Television and its celebrities.

The irrepressible Sumeet Raghvan is Veeru and he brings his characteristic flamboyance and flair to him.

Within first few weeks of its Telecast on Aaj Tak, Dhanno Bole To… has become a toast of the afternoon viewers – a real humdinger of a show, indeed!

Maaninee takes on Mandira Bedi
   By: Tushar Joshi
   May 2, 2007
For the kids: Maaninee Misshra
She's popular for doing hilarious impersonations and has an amazing sense of humour.

And now, Maaninee Misshra (who was last seen on the big screen in Krrish) is working in a kiddie flick called Chain Kulli Ki Main Kulli.

Interestingly, the actress will be seen in a role that has been inspired by television actor and anchor Mandira Bedi.

Love the energy

Talking about the film, she says, "I did it for the sole reason of working with children.

I love the energy on the sets when there are kids around."

Filmmaker Ken Ghosh, who is producing the film, is Maaninee's good friend.

The inspiration: Mandira Bedi

"He approached me and when I heard the role, it was quite interesting.
My character's name is Nadira and she's a sassy sports anchor.

You could say that she's very much like Mandira."

So has she met Mandira in person to adapt her mannerisms for the role?

"Yes, I've met Mandy and she's a lot of fun. Even though there are lots of parallels between Nadira and Mandira, I have incorporated certain mannerisms of my own for the role."

Her association with kids also extends to television. "I recently went for Boogie Woogie Kids Championship as a guest.

It was amazing watching these little boys and girls dance. I am sure some of them will grow up to be the next Hrithik Roshan," says Maaninee.

Having fun

Currently, she is having fun hosting the gossip show Dhanno Bole Toh on Aaj Tak. "It's great fun because I get to work on different accents and personalities. At the same time I get to know the latest news in the industry."

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2007/may/156512.htm

When Maninee turns Mandira

Well-known for her mirthful masquerades and an astounding sense of humor, Maninee De Misshra, is presently working for a kiddie flick called Chain Kulli Ki Main Kulli. The actor would also be spotted in a role enthused by television actor and anchor Mandira Bedi.

Elucidating on the film, Maninee states, " I agreed to the role for the exclusive reason of working with children. I plainly enjoy the vigor on the sets with kids around." The actor also states that Ken Ghosh, the filmmaker and also her buddy, approached her with the role. When she discerned about the role, it appealed to her instantly. She says, "My character is Nadira and she is an impish sports anchor. You could say, she is akin to Mandira Bedi."

Maninee has met Mandira and articulates that she is very witty. Although there are a great deal analogous amid Nadira and Mandira, Maninee has sure integrated certain traits of her own into the character.

The actor's association with kids also extends to television. " I recently attended Boogie Woogie Kids Championship as a guest. It was truly an incredible experience to spectate little boys and girls doing the grooves. I am sure some of them will grow up to be the subsequent Hrithik Roshan", says the actor.

The artist is currently rollicking on the sets of Dhanno Bole Toh on Aaj Tak. But with her manifestation on the silver screen yet another time after Krissh is truly anticipated.

Source: http://www.jimandaz.com/1/when_maninee_turns_mandira.htm