Debate Mansion

NRI Kids Always Teased in Movies - Page 6

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 17 years ago

This content was originally posted by: qwertyesque

But as long as our rich "nri" indians try to show off and paint a nice picture when they visit india and try to belittle and deride them with "expensive" gifts... its going to have that effect... especially since indians know whats the difference bet' ABCD and their version of ABCD...😆

Well, I am not the rich NRI who paints a nice picture when they go back and belittle and deride them with expensive gifts...as far as I know, almost all the Indian go back because they miss India and their people,especially their parents, gifts are bought because that is a tradition - and something foreign is still exotic to an average Indian  ( I have seen people particularly averse to buying 'Made in India' goods in US while purchasing them as gifts solely because they would be derided....and yet they are indeed of the best quality! ) as well as expectation.  I believe that today whatever you get in India is as good if sometimes not better than what you get here.

As for making fun, well that is a bad etiquette many of our countrymen simply do not grow out of........making fun of already confused humans who are busy figuring out whether they are grown ups or children is even more tragic. And they don't necessarily have to pick on the NRI kid - they in general pick on anyone who serves their weird sense of humour....🤢. Chances are when that NRI kid is back to where he came from, they move on pick on someone else for their entertainment.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

This content was originally posted by: *guesswho*

wow I don't know where the accusations are being hurled from...but chill guyzzz...we are all indian nuthing changes that but a mixture of culture doesn't harm anyone...just b/c someone lives in america or sumthing doesn't make them less of a person than someone living in india...eveyone is different...even in india we have different cultures, cuisines and languages in every state...that's what makes it great...people accept each other and their cultures...so why is their bashing going on about kids who accept american culture and retain their indian culture...just b/c people live in america doesnt' mean that they suddenly are all evil and hate their culture and are stupid...and overanalyzing is just wrong to begin with...u can't base ur opinions based on silly movies or one person and yes they do make out people to look stupid..so let's all quit the hating and get along!
Peace y'all! 😃

👏👏👏 Thank you for putting that in such simple words......

Peace y'all!

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Minnie

Well, I am not the rich NRI who paints a nice picture when they go back and belittle and deride them with expensive gifts...as far as I know, almost all the Indian go back because they miss India and their people,especially their parents, gifts are bought because that is a tradition - and something foreign is still exotic to an average Indian  ( I have seen people particularly averse to buying 'Made in India' goods in US while purchasing them as gifts solely because they would be derided....and yet they are indeed of the best quality! ) as well as expectation.  I believe that today whatever you get in India is as good if sometimes not better than what you get here.

As for making fun, well that is a bad etiquette many of our countrymen simply do not grow out of........making fun of already confused humans who are busy figuring out whether they are grown ups or children is even more tragic. And they don't necessarily have to pick on the NRI kid - they in general pick on anyone who serves their weird sense of humour....🤢. Chances are when that NRI kid is back to where he came from, they move on pick on someone else for their entertainment.

Minnieji humor is born out of somebody's woe... A man who trips and falls might feel hurt but the bystanders will laugh out.. So what if NRI's are butt of all the humor whats wrong... NRI's can make fun of those indians back home.. The question is who really is more successful in laughing out loud...😆

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: egghatcher

Am with you there qwertoo......

i laugh at myself with a guffaw most of the time

trouble is when i scoff at myself sometimes  while watching meself in da mirror

reminds me i had laughed at that part of me a while back and then i move on with the rest of me ..😆

yeah eggy btw how did you get rid of that part?😆