Sachin should quit one dayers. - Page 2

Posted: 17 years ago

I am saying this with a great sense of grief that a person when the entire India regards God succumbs to pressure and gets out in the second ball for a duck (sri lanka).

He was in the Indian team for his wealth of experience,if that itself is not put into use I feel he should quit the game once and for all or atleast the One dayers to begin with.

New talent,new blood,young players should be included and players like Sachin, Sehwag, agarkar should give up their mantle.

How long we Indains ,a cricket crazy nation tolerate such players.

This was written from the heart but analysed by the head.

any comments?

I want to specify here that i speak of The sachin tendulkar as i had previously been questioned by some ignorant persons as,sachin,who?
The way they played against BD........all of them should quit.........imagine a team like india struggling to get in the top 8.......

Sachin Tendulkar is one of the best batsmen the world has seen but rules should be the same for all. When we can rest/ ban/ shun Cricketers like Ganguly, Kumble and many others for non performance then why and how does Sachin is given benefit of doubt every time?

Thanks for your reply maya,i too feel the same, if Ganguly can be kept out and shown the rough and tough way to gain entry....sachin must be kept out totally...today was the day to perform and he buckled once again...what did he think? if the rest of the team will do,we'll win, and no one will notice his under performance?
To start with - One cannot compare Sachin with any player who got timeouts. Ganguly and Kumble had thier own reasons.

I wonder how people change thier opinion suddenly following few disappointments, why wasn't this suggested to Sachin 5 years ago - come on guys there are ups and downs, he is a sensible person when the right time will come he would call quits himself.He has capability to come up with good innings and high scores, he is physically fit, there is no reason why not?

Seeing the situation its fair to say the whole team needs a timeout as pointed by Ani, but coming onto Sachin alone doesn't sound fair to me.

Originally posted by Maya_M

Sachin Tendulkar is one of the best batsmen the world has seen but rules should be the same for all. When we can rest/ ban/ shun Cricketers like Ganguly, Kumble and many others for non performance then why and how does Sachin is given benefit of doubt every time?

sad way of handling the business of sports.  i love sachin but would love it more if he retired now.
Originally posted by shabari

I am saying this with a great sense of grief that a person when the entire India regards God succumbs to pressure and gets out in the second ball for a duck (sri lanka).

He was in the Indian team for his wealth of experience,if that itself is not put into use I feel he should quit the game once and for all or atleast the One dayers to begin with.

New talent,new blood,young players should be included and players like Sachin, Sehwag, agarkar should give up their mantle.

How long we Indains ,a cricket crazy nation tolerate such players.

This was written from the heart but analysed by the head.

any comments?

I think he should be the floor manager at tendulkars and manage pomfrets and zinga... and retire from cricket before... its too late...😆... We mostly dont win matches when tendulkar plays... so it doesnt really matter that he is present or absent in teh team...

I think consistency should be the yard-stick and thats it... we have so much of population some budding talent in some corner must be ready to go...

Edited by qwertyesque - 17 years ago
Originally posted by mermaid_QT

sad way of handling the business of sports.  i love sachin but would love it more if he retired now.

Noooo... Everyone wants him to retire. Can I ask you one question -

Why do you think he should retire :
1. Lost his Zeal?
2. Forgot his game?
3. At 34 years of Age he is toooo old?
4. Not serious?

5. other pls specify.

@Anshu: I am not advocating Sachin's retirement. But when he fairs poorly in few matches then he should be rested or shunned as well. Just because he still remains the top batsman in the world and his previous records shouldn't be the only reason to hold him back in the team forever.  

The rule for selection should be you don't play then you don't stay.

Edited by Maya_M - 17 years ago