•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago

Hi again guys,

This week's POV is by our very own Writer of the week and a great Moderator, Naina! Read on and be sure to leave your comments! If you wish to send in your entry for POV, PM datspreets now!

Life – a Long Journey of Sorrows and Happiness… By Naina_Manam

Life…it's such a small word, but means the whole world.  Sometimes it's even hard to ponder about it.  Or should I say a lot of us fear to do that? β“  Life? What is life? It's so hard to answer it because none of us would ever agree.  Each individual has a different approach to life.

Some people imagine life as the most beautiful experience.  They enjoy each and every moment of life enthusiastically. πŸ₯³ On the contrary, other people believe that it is the most miserable experience ever and wish they had never had chance of experiencing it. πŸ˜­  Yet for some people, life is just a job that they still have to be faithful to whether or not it's interesting to them.πŸ˜’

I approach life in none of the above ways; for me, life is a big journey of sorrows and happiness.  Some get a bigger share of sorrows, others happiness, and while others get an equal share of both.  Our main goal in life is certainly not the careers, ownership of a Mercedes, a $600,000 house, or huge business chains but it's to live the life in such a successful way that when we die we have nothing but the eternal peace and satisfaction.😳

Life is another name of sanguinity and optimism for me.  Imagine life as a car and yourself as a passenger who's waiting to arrive at his destination.  Imagine sorrows as speed breakers in your journey.  Or sorrows could be running out of gas when you have to stop halt you journey between to fill the gas. Then imagine happiness as all the rest areas on the highways where you get your food and gas and revive yourself.  Imagine happiness as all the new people you meet and friends you make during the journeys! 😊

That's exactly what my approach to life is.  We start out our lives ecstatically but it's what happens in our lives that makes us develop our thoughts about it.  Sorrows are like speed breakers or running out of gas in a journey, but do we end the journey if we run out of gas??? No!  Just like that, we have to always keep going forward in life as well. Never should you fear the sorrows, fill the tank and go on! πŸ‘πŸΌ

Sorrows are just as important as happiness is because who would ever value happiness if we had a chance of never facing sorrows?  So, in a sense those sorrows and speed breakers are needed for a best-experienced journey of life!

No, I am not the luckiest person in the world as I am sure would be your impression from my POW so far! I have had more than enough share of sorrows in my life.  Many times in life I felt there was no reason of living anymore but life went on, and I dragged me with it.  After everything I have ever faced in my life, I have come to realize at least one thing that life never waits for you, thus you have to be always moving along with it. Or else you stay behind and life moves on.  And then even though you have to live but you are not with life anymore. Isn't it better to then just go wherever life drags you?

Many things happen in life that are never wanted and probably never ever expected either but they do happen.  We have to cope with them and move on in life because that's what life is, a journey of sorrows and happiness, and sweet and bitter memories! 😳

Edited by Naina_Manam - 17 years ago
I truly want to thank Naina for a bautiful POV.. I will definitely want to send a POV in reply to Naina's.. I will send in to Preetz within 8 days or so..Thanx once again,Naina!! Edited by jassie_17 - 17 years ago
Originally posted by jassie_17

I truly want to thank Naina for a bautiful POV.. I will definitely want to send a POV in reply to Naina's.. I will send in to Preetz within 2 days or so..Thanx once again,Naina!!

You're most welcome, Jas! 😳 Waiting to read yours.

Naina, first of all you've put the whole POV into words very nicely.

Originally posted by Naina wrote

That's exactly what my approach to life is. We start out our lives ecstatically but it's what happens in our lives that makes us develop our thoughts about it. Sorrows are like speed breakers or running out of gas in a journey, but do we end the journey if we run out of gas??? No! Just like that, we have to always keep going forward in life as well. Never should you fear the sorrows, fill the tank and go on!

How true! It really got me thinking-comparing ourselves to a mechanism is better than we would think! Thanks for the great POV!!! πŸ‘

Luv

NutzieπŸ˜‰

Edited by umrao_jaan - 17 years ago
very well written naina πŸ‘ πŸ‘ each n every line u wrote is so true 😳
wow that was a great pov. pondering abt life? well defined in comparison to a vehicle.

" Many times in life I felt there was no reason of living anymore but life went on, and I dragged me with it. After everything I have ever faced in my life, I have come to realize at least one thing that life never waits for you, thus you have to be always moving along with it. Or else you stay behind and life moves on. And then even though you have to live but you are not with life anymore. Isn't it better to then just go wherever life drags you?"

wud like to add more, there is never a moment in your life when you have no reasons to live. even the mosyt insignificant reason is enough of a reason. moreover live for the happiness that will cum sum day or for the many people who love you. life should never be taken as a burden.

good one naina, luv it.   
Enjoyed the POV immensely , the comparision was one I had not heard or read abt before and it sure was interesting!

Enjoyed it immensely... and looking forward to read more from you... ! 😊
Awsome POV
It really got me thinking!
πŸ˜ƒ

-Mahak-

Thanks everyone for appreciating!!! πŸ˜³

Looking forward to reading yours in future.