Posted: 17 years ago

Last Day At Home

Home is definitely where the heart is! – And mine is at Mumbai. Just 2 years in Mumbai and now I have to move to a small town in Gujarat because of dad's work. There we won't have local trains, malls, not even my friends.

Dad conveyed the news this morning. He told us we have one last day in Mumbai! One day...Gosh…such a short notice!

So here I am after spending my last day in Mumbai, tired, yet satisfied. I visited my college and friends, ate at my favourite eatery, walked on Marine Drive, took the long way back home just to enjoy the breathtaking architecture of Fort area, even the overcrowded train journey I took was memorable with people falling over one another, yet giggling away. How these little things I never cherished before today!

'Preeti…' Dad called out to me.

'Coming dad' I shouted, trotting downstairs.

'I have some important news, please sit down'

I sat down looking at him intently. This was going to be another big news; another in the same day! Mom was sitting there too and was stifling a laugh.

'Tell me now, c'mon dad…or mom' I begged

'We aren't leaving Mumbai. We are staying here in this same house.' Mom said.

'Did I hear right?' I squealed with excitement. They didn't answer.

'So you lied to me this morning, did you?' I asked, anger creeping into my voice.

'We had to lie. You were always absorbed in studies and never took time to enjoy life. Hope you had fun today.' Dad replied.

'Yep, I lived today like there's no tomorrow.' I smiled, my anger melting away. I learnt an important lesson today– to live everyday like it's your last! 'Thanks Mom and Dad. Now home, welcome this girl back' my heart sang!

(19 March 2006)

Written for the prompt: Write about moving away from home, only to move back in.
👏 👏 wow...that was so sweet.... 😳
loved it Di! i sply liked the last line, "Live everyday as if it's your last.."
👏
awwww its real sweet !! 😳
poor preeti 😆 [ur character!! 😛] she wudve felt so sad whole day 😆
n i agree u hv to live life like theres no tomorrow 😳
aaaaw that was really sweet, i hope my parents said that we arent leaving for the nth time. i know how it feels, leaving n making use of the last few days. 😛
thanks guys for the reviews, this wasn't my best ever piece, but writing off and on and even not such good stories keeps the writer active in me :)
OMG i dunt blivi dint respond to this too eventhough i read it... you guys should kill me now...
i totally get the pain of shifting (not that i have experienced it but cos i HATE changin) and god must she have had a really sad da
its great whatever u may say and i like it loads...
Posted: 16 years ago
smartly written without any flaws...short and meaningful!!!! 😛
Aww.. thats great! My favorite quote is: Dream As If You'll Live Forever…Live As If You'll Die Tomorrow!

Originally posted by datspreets

thanks guys for the reviews, this wasn't my best ever piece, but writing off and on and even not such good stories keeps the writer active in me :)

I thought it was different to the way you usually tell you're stories but nonetheless it still has that great moral to it like all your stories do! 😊

^ awww...so you read it, hehe, i was kinda waiting for your comment, they're quite special. 😃