Debate Mansion

Mallika Sherawat in Hollywood.. ur views - Page 2

Henna 786 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 17 years ago

Hey

Mallika Sherawat has signed a movie called 'unveiled' where she stars as the first muslim protagonist [in Hollywood].. who has has two husbands and a lover..

Is it right to choose her as the lead?

I remember in one of her interviews she clearly said that she will never wear the 'burkah' as she has talents and skills she wants to flaunt.. is she goin bk on her words?

What do u htink of the whole thing? Good or Bad? Should Hollywood and Bollywood mix?

Henna x

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MNMS thumbnail
Mallika sherawat in hollywood 😕 ...Classic example of "Desi Dumb Blond" Going West 😉 😛 Edited by MNMS - 17 years ago
raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Henna 786

1. Is it right to choose her as the lead?

2. I remember in one of her interviews she clearly said that she will never wear the 'burkah' as she has talents and skills she wants to flaunt.. is she goin bk on her words?

3. What do u htink of the whole thing? Good or Bad? Should Hollywood and Bollywood mix?

1. Yeah why not, all she does is dance or doesn't say much.If this is what is expected from new role.

2. Money / good breaks are more then words in her profession - don't u agree.

3. Bigger oppurtunity whether locally or aboard is good. Time will tell, u never she might make it big in hollywood.

Edited by raj5000 - 17 years ago
Singh23 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
she won't be a big star in hollywood, she not much of a star in bollywood.

now amitabh staring in that movie with johnny deep is gonna be awesome.
mermaid_QT thumbnail
bolly beauties in holly???
i am apprehensive given too much SCREAMING / DRAMA in the name of acting in bolly.. will wait and watch her work! 😃 hopefully, it will be better than ash's performance bride and prejudice (UK film). that's not too much to expect! 😃
_sukhi_ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
hai rabba she wont last a day there theres a lot more class sorry to say but she didnt do that well in bollywood let alone hollywood but if she gets a break then it will be gud for her an wish her well 😛
Morgoth thumbnail

Why not Mallika Sherawat? She can act quite well when the role has some substance. 

This content was originally posted by: MNMS

Mallika sherawat in hollywood 😕 ...Classic example of "Desi Dumb Blond" Going West 😉 😛

Mallika is not really a desi dumb blonde. She may be arrogant and in-your-face most of the time, but she's actually quite well-spoken and intelligent.

I saw her on Koffee with Karan and was pleasantly surprised.

insouciance thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: T.

Why not Mallika Sherawat? She can act quite well when the role has some substance. 

Mallika is not really a desi dumb blonde. She may be arrogant and in-your-face most of the time, but she's actually quite well-spoken and intelligent.

I saw her on Koffee with Karan and was pleasantly surprised.

I concur with Tanaz..Mallika might come across as unabashed,brazen assertive and cheeky,but as a package,she DOES have a certain charisma and a personality ..Mallika isnt the ultimate looker,nor is she the best actress currently,but she has tremendous pizzaz and oodles of sex appeal....I feel Mallika has that inexplicable X factor,which NO OTHER mainstream Indian actress has....I like her confidence ,she's gutsy and isnt pretentious,and at the same time has some class as well!!..I feel she's underrated in Bollywood,and is mainly looked down upon with alot of disdain,she's quite an able actress actually. Hollywood is indeed a very prestigious calling,hope she makes the most of it.

Edited by Buffie - 17 years ago
miss5stars thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
hahaha
Legally Blonde Desi Style
hahahahaa
well gud luck 2 her
it'll be cool
a desi as a star
but i hope she doesnt wear a burkah
coz as a muslim
in america no one rly wears that nemore
n its all different we dont rly do the traditional
stuff nemore
no body does.. no one in my family
no one in my pakistan family
no one..hehe
so i hope she looks rockin as usual in the movie so
the americans get the idea tht we arent alltraditiony n stuff 😊
y not mallika i think the rest r jealous of her that she was the one who was chosen and they. had they been given the role even they would agree to do whtevr is required of them.
moreover a women who had 2 husbands and a lover i think only mallika has that much zest and courage and she is the only dashing actrees in bolly who can carry that role in a better way.
aish i think she is just a doll decorate her and make her sit in a corner she cant act no matter wht.rest r all too hypocrats and double standard for that role.
i think she will rock with the right kind of role and director.