Shopping: A Hobby or An Addiction?!!!

Posted: 17 years ago

I hope U all are enjoying woman's week, which is an important tribute to women all over the world/globe. Since Women are daughters, mothers and wives.!!!

They are housewives, students, to top notch professionals! Afterall, women can achieve anything they put their minds too!!! 

Today I bring to u a topic that is closely related to woman and  that is..????

Shopping!

From hitting the mall with your girlfriends on a Saturday afternoon, to holiday spending on gifts, shopping could be called one of Womens favorite pastimes, however, these days  a growing number of men seem to enjoy this hobby too!

Well, 4 most people, it means some new clothes for work or a small trinket for a friend. 4 others, however, shopping is much more than an enjoyable pastime, and in some cases, it is a real and destructive addiction that can turn into a financial disaster!

Since, March 12th is official shopping spree day I thought why not have a topic/discussion relating to a favorite pastime of  many esp women..

So the question tobe addressed/asked is....  ???

Are U one of the millions Shopacholics in the world?

do u use shopping as a quick fix 4 the blues/sad?
 do you spend more than u can afford?
 Are some of ur purchases unused or hidden?
If u see Sale do U buy the item whether u need it or not?
 Would ur life be richer if u were shopping less?
Have ur attempts to change been unsuccessful?

Angela/Pari

me too..love to shoppppppppppppppppppppppp..itz so much funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn 😳
Paribhabhi great topic! will return to answer the questions. In short I can shop till eternity! πŸ˜†
Nice topic and I guess, I am going to be the only 'different' girl.😳

Nope!! In fact, I barely go shopping.  Usually it's my friends or my Mom who go buy stuff for me and I'm always fine with it. The funny thing is that I've never 'went for shopping.' Like it was never planned.  All the times, I go out to get something for school or just anything and if I like something I buy it.

Nope, sometimes it helps too but it's just the thought of going out not necessarily shopping.

That hasn't happened yet and hopefully won't either... since I never go for shopping Dad gives me a little more pocketmoney than he should so I always have surplus of money just sitting in my pocket. πŸ˜†

Hmm... Hidden? Well, if you can consider my diary then yeah πŸ˜† But I don't think I buy anything that I haven't used.. Maybe a couple things that  I just used for a few days.

Hm.. If I see sale, I sometimes do and check out what's on sale but never buy it if it's not needed/wanted.

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Maybe my parents would be because then they would give me less pocket money I guess. πŸ˜†

Actually my Mom's attempts to change me and make me shopaholic have been unsuccessful and you just need to ask her once and she'll start complaining for 10 hours! πŸ˜³πŸ˜†
omg i just absolutely luvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv shopping!! SHOPPING roxxx!!!! im totally a shopaholic, i mean i shop for things and spend a lotta money even if i dont need things lol...

its like a girl's best sport, hobby, interest, etcc...

but im not that addicted....im just a regular shopaholic...

i go to the mall like every weekend if i can.... πŸ˜†

SHOPPING RULES!!!!! πŸ˜› πŸ˜ƒ

Yes!!
umm sometime
no
Hidden
Yes I do!
hmm maybe
don't knowπŸ˜†

no Naina, u are not the only one. count me in!!πŸ˜‰

I am allergic to shoppings, most of the time, if I have to, I go, pick the thing I want, and come back. This is one thing which my friend doesn't like about me. She is a shopacholic, and i have strong aversion to it. 😳 

I only use shopping if needed. 😳

well, i usually shop with "khula Haath" (i don't know what u call it in angrezi) so affording doesn't come there. When i have to buy something, i get it. most of the time don't even check the price. πŸ˜ƒ

naaa, i buy only what i need or want. πŸ˜›

I never buy from sales, most of the time, the shoppers put all the junk out. so it is better to buy it when it is in good halat, then to buy on sale, when it has become disposible or one time use.

Nope, it would be the same. πŸ˜ƒ

No i am happy with what i am πŸ˜›
Originally posted by teenindia_usa

So the question to be addressed/asked is....  ???

A definite yesπŸ˜†

Yup, i go shopping to get lost in the crowd and forget all the world behind me.
No and Yes..no bez i dont spend more than i can afford and yes, bez i spend more than what i need
Unused most often..i mean very often..i buy somany things tht i cant even keep track of them and so i dont use them when i need themπŸ˜†
Ya, sales r very attractive..i buy some for future use..but tht future never comes my wayπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
well, ya could be..but shopping is so relaxing t ht i cant leave it to become rich😳😳😳
i never attempted to change it.

p.s - is there a men's day like women's day..

Are U one of the millions Shopacholics in the world?
yes..i am a proud shopalcholic!lolz

u use shopping as a quick fix 4 the blues/sad?
occasionally..yes.like when i am feeling down or stressed or lazy or bored i go shopping πŸ˜ƒ

only if what i am buying is rlyy worth it!!and my parents pay for it so idk

if its like a really pretty bag or pair of shoes then yea lol

yes..sometimes when i buy something i think its looks good on me but when i reach home it doesn't look that good anymore..or i wear it once or twice and then it just lies there in my closet

no i don't think so lolz i don't spend THAT much

Have ur attempts to change been unsuccessful
i have never attempted to change it cuz i luuuvv shopping.
😳 😳
Originally posted by Ms. Bholi Bhali

no Naina, u are not the only one. count me in!!πŸ˜‰

I am allergic to shoppings, most of the time, if I have to, I go, pick the thing I want, and come back. This is one thing which my friend doesn't like about me. She is a shopacholic, and i have strong aversion to it. 😳 

Love the allergic part, Saba di! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

And FINALLY have I found someone who like me doesn't like shopping warna most of the time when I say I dislike shopping, all the girls look at me as if I am an alien! πŸ˜³πŸ˜†