Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Originally posted by: Maya_M

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Myth is like Ash who is like QT's cutie's fiancee.

Whatever you people are saying or thinking  is Myth or Maya !! πŸ˜†

Coming back to the topic:

"Woman of substance"-  Have a glance at this in ur leisure:

http://www.rediff.com/women07/women07.html

Cheers,

Myth

Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Maya_M

Anshuman, Your mom is great. I know now from where you got the class and values. πŸ‘πŸ‘ 

I will second that.... 😊 πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

Thanks Anshuman for letting us know such an inspirational  story about your mom. 😊

IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sweta01

I will second that.... 😊 πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

Thanks Anshuman for letting us know such an inspirational  story about your mom. 😊

Me too  agree with Sweta ji!!😊

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 17 years ago
Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Hard as nails 

Courageous: Saraswati Shinde

When photographer Pradeep Dhivar informed Saraswati Ganpat Shinde that yesterday was International Women's Day, she merely shrugged and said, "If it is, I have only this to say to women β€” hard work is better than asking for charity and if you put your mind to it, you can achieve anything."

Saraswati is a cobbler at Bhathira Nagar, Malad-Marve road. Her husband, who was a cobbler, died in 1993 of liver disease.

With four children (three daughters and a son), meager savings and no livelihood, the future looked dark for this woman who had studied till Std VI in her village near Pandharpur.

Saraswati started learning how to repair shoes, practicing on her own footwear. She says of her arduous journey, "The needle would go into my hand while I learnt to stitch leather.

I have cut my fingers very badly trying to hammer nails. Throughout, my mother sat at the stall, encouraging me."

Two months later, Saraswati, began a new chapter in her life as a cobbler. In the beginning, startled customers would ask if she was going to repair their shoes.

Many were nice enough to hammer in the nails in the shoe themselves initially. This way, Saraswati got her children married.

Says Saraswati, "I plan to set up a stall for my son who is 24 so that he can sell footwear."

http://www.mid-day.com/diary/2007/march/153169.htm Edited by sweta01 - 17 years ago
raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Welcome! Sweta/Mythili on previous posts.

Sweta - Thanks for sharing..

From the article - "hard work is better than asking for charity and if you put your mind to it, you can achieve anything." this comment from Saraswatiji is just πŸ‘
TallyHo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Anshuman...
wish i can do even half of what your mom has accomplished !
raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: TallyHo

Anshuman...
wish i can do even half of what your mom has accomplished !

@Tallyho - awww that so touching... I wish this was not virtual world and could have shared info to contact her, Ashuji, am sure anyone in touch with her, would have known whatever womans are doing today is worth πŸ‘ πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

@ Tania - Thanks and u r Welcome! Tania😊