•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago
People who have worked with Jatin-Lalit know about my work" - Lalit Pandit 
By IndiaFM News Bureau, March 2, 2007 - 07:25 IST
Jatin-Lalit have been the most prominent music composers in Bollywood since a decade. The duo is known for creating melodious music and has worked with some big banners in the industry. However, last year, the two split and are now working independently. Life Mein Kabhi Kabhiee will be the first solo film album of Lalit Pandit and he is very excited about it.

Lalit talks to IndiaFM about life after going solo….

Life Mein Kabhie Kabhiee will be your first solo album
Yes. And I am very happy that life has moved on and I am very happy with the way things are happening. I am absolutely satisfied with the way the music of Life Mein Kabhi Kabhiee has turned out.

What is the music of Life Mein Kabhie Kabhiee like?
Life Mein Kabhie Kabhiee is a very different subject. It's about people who venture into different genre of professions after they finish their education. It's the story about how people face different things in life when they are on their way to become professionals. There aren't really any straight forward romantic situations in the film but there is one song. All other songs are very much situational. It's a very melodious music.

What kind of moods are there in the album?
It's fun music full of intensity. One or two songs in the album have lot intensity. I have always made melodious scores and this album also retains the melody.

Any new kind of instrument that you have experimented with in this album?
Yes, I have used a Chinese flute and also a Chinese string instrument which is played with a bow, which sounds wonderful. I've used them in one of the songs called 'Hum khushi ki chah mein'.

Which singers have sung in the album?
The music is very new and I have used the younger lot of singers, as the characters of the film are very young. Shaan who is one of my favourite singers has sung a song. Then there is a solo song with Zubin and a part of it is sung by me and Alka Yagnik. There are also two new boys, Shamit and Abhijeet who sung in this track. There is a romantic song 'Hum tum, hum tum' which is sung by KK and Gayatri. There is one song called 'Geehra geehra' sung by Sunidhi Chauhan which is a very different track. It is somewhat like 'Jaadu hai tera hai jaadu' from Ghulam, which incidently, was also a Vikram Bhatt film. That song begins slowly and then the tempo of the song increases and it goes faster. So, I have structured the song in that particular way and Sunidhi has sung the song very beautifully.

I am very happy that life has moved on and I am very happy with the way things are happening.
Was there any difference while working solo as opposed to working in a team with Jatin?
Well, I am a workaholic. I love music, I love working and I love to spend time making music. I am doubly charged thinking that I have to prove myself again. I consider myself as a newcomer and I value the experience that I have gained over the years in this industry. It is helping me a lot. I am very happy that whomever I have approached, people have supported me and given me opportunity to work with them.

Any challenges on the solo journey?
God has given me a fair chance and I have no complains. I just have to work hard and deliver good music as I have always done before. I am working very hard and I don't want to let anybody down, be it the producer, the director or myself. I always knew that I will get work and I have been consistent in giving my music and people who have worked with Jatin-Lalit know about my work.

I am composing music for a Shah Rukh Khan film
Which other films are you currently working on?
I am doing a Mukesh Bhatt film called Showbiz I have recorded two songs for it. The film is directed by Raju Khan. On March 18, the music for my Bengali film Bidhataar Lekha is releasing, which I have done for Rani Mukherjee's production. Her brother Raja Mukherjee is directing the film. These are the two immediate releases. I have signed three very big films but I can't talk about them at this point. One of them is a Shah Rukh Khan film.

Any idea what Jatin is up to these days?
Well, I only know that he has completed a private album sung by his brother and sister-in-law.
thanks for the article 😛
i hope this music is nice...
seems the singers r good 😃
[quote]Which singers have sung in the album?
The music is very new and I have used the younger lot of singers, as the characters of the film are very young. Shaan who is one of my favourite singers has sung a song. Then there is a solo song with Zubin and a part of it is sung by me and Alka Yagnik. There are also two new boys, Shamit and Abhijeet who sung in this track. There is a romantic song 'Hum tum, hum tum' which is sung by KK and Gayatri. There is one song called 'Geehra geehra' sung by Sunidhi Chauhan which is a very different track. It is somewhat like 'Jaadu hai tera hai jaadu' from Ghulam, which incidently, was also a Vikram Bhatt film. That song begins slowly and then the tempo of the song increases and it goes faster. So, I have structured the song in that particular way and Sunidhi has sung the song very beautifully.[/quote]

Is he talking about Fame Gurukul's Shamit Tyagi?
Edited by sonyaee - 17 years ago

Originally posted by uknaik99

Any idea what Jatin is up to these days?
Well, I only know that he has completed a private album sung by his brother and sister-in-law.

His brother???  Is that person not Lalit's brother too?

So there is third brother? And who is that?