Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Mine inlined in blue (seems we might exhaust all the available colors here)

This content was originally posted by: Maya_M

My replies are now in Red.

bunbutt_too thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Greetings Maya_Mji and  rajbabua. First of all this is an interesting topic. Second  after skimming through the seven pages it appears that the general consensus here is that living together before marriage is not worth the risk, since it comes with no future guarantees.

In today's day and age with the new and improved concept of warranty and insurance, ..."seventy thousand miles increased to one hundred thousand miles" or, "extended warranties sold by stores" or "purchase insurance" and what have you, it appears people have become very demanding upfront. These kinds of warranties and insurances give you peace of mind if you are buying a big ticket tangible item. If it's a lemon you can return within the first 30 days, or exchange within the first 90 days, or upgrade within a year. This brave new world mentality is overriding human thinking these days. Everyone in this microwave generation wants to know how it will all turn out in the end before they even try it. I see a lot of people pick up books and look at the last chapter first before deciding whether to read the whole book at all.  I see people asking is the ending happy or sad before renting a movie.

Whatever happened to the simple joys or sorrows that can be experienced while discovering something new? When did those warm, fuzzy, apprehensive yet exciting feelings two people getting into a relationship experience become "what's in it for me" or "what additional features does this upgrade come with" or "how does it fit into my life?"

Without making this post any longer I simply want to conclude saying that, if you think that "institutional marriage" comes with no guarantees or insurances, and is an outdated concept then simply live together. Make sure to stay current by trading in for a new and improved model periodically . On the other hand if your sense of adventure overrides your need for warranties and insurances then as they say, "take the road less traveled." Things may work out like a house on fire, or be a total disaster. Whichever way it turns out you will have
gained and lost a lot in the process. That would be as thrilling as riding the world's tallest roller coaster for the first time. 
raj5000 thumbnail

Bunnji - So nice to see yaa here. Welcome! Not sure how frequently you read or visit this section but I would really like to see yaa here more often, with your intellect views supported by vast army of emoticons.😊

This content was originally posted by: bunbutt_too

Greetings Maya_Mji and  rajbabua. First of all this is an interesting topic. Second  after skimming through the seven pages it appears that the general consensus here is that living together before marriage is not worth the risk, since it comes with no future guarantees.

Yup sounds to me as going with guarantees, which might involve high risk.

In today's day and age with the new and improved concept of warranty and insurance, ..."seventy thousand miles increased to one hundred thousand miles" or, "extended warranties sold by stores" or "purchase insurance" and what have you, it appears people have become very demanding upfront. These kinds of warranties and insurances give you peace of mind if you are buying a big ticket tangible item. If it's a lemon you can return within the first 30 days, or exchange within the first 90 days, or upgrade within a year. This brave new world mentality is overriding human thinking these days. Everyone in this microwave generation wants to know how it will all turn out in the end before they even try it. I see a lot of people pick up books and look at the last chapter first before deciding whether to read the whole book at all.  I see people asking is the ending happy or sad before renting a movie.

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Whatever happened to the simple joys or sorrows that can be experienced while discovering something new? When did those warm, fuzzy, apprehensive yet exciting feelings two people getting into a relationship experience become "what's in it for me" or "what additional features does this upgrade come with" or "how does it fit into my life?"

Final goal happy/satisfied experience for life time.

Without making this post any longer I simply want to conclude saying that, if you think that "institutional marriage" comes with no guarantees or insurances, and is an outdated concept then simply live together. Make sure to stay current by trading in for a new and improved model periodically . On the other hand if your sense of adventure overrides your need for warranties and insurances then as they say, "take the road less traveled." Things may work out like a house on fire, or be a total disaster. Whichever way it turns out you will have
gained and lost a lot in the process. That would be as thrilling as riding the world's tallest roller coaster for the first time. 

Bold part, I Agree. Overall your thoughts touches both the aspects of arragement in a very πŸ˜ƒ way.. Thanks for an enjoyable rideπŸ˜† BTW have you checked out the 2007 6 series Bimmer πŸ˜‰

Anshuman, Do visit this thread if you haven't https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=104580 .

raj5000 thumbnail

Yes! I already did. Thanks Again, for the link.