Can Culture Be Superior? - Page 52

Posted: 17 years ago
Originally posted by Maya_M

Raksha, you started and concluded in one post. The debate was all about respecting other cultures along with yours and have an open mind to good and evil in yours as well as alien cultures😛. Alien as in western😉 not Martian.

May be you can help me Maya...Can you please give me the gist of these 68 pages???

Is there anybody who thinks that other cultures should be put down???I hope not...Atleast not in this politically correct world😆...
Originally posted by Maya_M

Raksha, you started and concluded in one post. The debate was all about respecting other cultures along with yours and have an open mind to good and evil in yours as well as alien cultures😛. Alien as in western😉 not Martian.

but that was resolved on page 1 itself i think. now we are onto more enlightened tit-for-tat discussion on specific cultures.😛😆

Originally posted by raksha.l

May be you can help me Maya...Can you please give me the gist of these 68 pages???

😆 ðŸ˜†I have no clue. Most of the points were repetition so just check 2-3 pages and then come back to 68th.

Is there anybody who thinks that other cultures should be put down???I hope not...Atleast not in this politically correct world😆...

Oh No. No one. All of us live in an ideal world with ideal thoughts. 😆 

no put downs. but how about finding cultures that are more evolved/ superior/ more refined? arent those possibilities? wld you for example consider tribal/ primitive cultures as evolved/ refined? is everything always relative to a subset of people? is there no higher absolute than our personal beliefs?

btw, i think some of us have decided for ourselves by now that there is cultural superiority. we are now deciding which one it's gonna be😉 It's the fight for cultural supremacy now😛😆

Edited by chatbuster - 17 years ago
Originally posted by chatbuster

no put downs. but how about finding cultures that are more evolved/ superior/ more refined? arent those possibilities? wld you for example consider tribal/ primitive cultures as evolved/ refined? is everything always relative to a subset of people? is there no higher absolute than our personal beliefs?

btw, i think some of have decided for ourselves by now that there is cultural superiority. we are now deciding which one it's gonna be😉 It's the fight for cultural supremacy now😛😆

Who are we to decide which culture is superior???

Okay, decide if we must, then I say Hindu Culture is the superior most one and the mother of ALL cultures...I have facts to stand by it, which I will present soon..However, I am sure you all are already doing a good job of it...Lemme add on to it, if I can😃