hbxvi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Show me the money: Nandini Singh
   By: Vickey Lalwani 
   Photographer: A hitList Correspondent
   February 22, 2007

Nandini Singh
Despite being the leading lady, she was thrown out of Kesar (Star Plus) for her eccentric behaviour. Now, Nandini Singh is at it again.

The actress literally begged Balaji Telefilms to forgive and forget her past behaviour and requested a role. When  Balaji honcho Ekta Kapoor relented, Nandini demanded an astronomical fee!

Jobless

Sitting at home since September 2006 (when she was sacked from Kesar courtesy her uncooperative attitude), Nandini soon realised that no other production house had any good offers for her.

So she started sending feelers to Balaji that they should re-consider her for a role in one of their running or forthcoming shows.

When contacted, Shipra Arora (Creative Head on Kasautii Zindagii Kay) says, "Nandini called Bhairavi Shah (the then creative head on Kesar) several times saying she wanted to come back somehow.

A few days ago, Ekta told me to get her back to play Surveen Chawla's role (Kasak) in Kasautii. Surveen is busy doing Kaajjal and the story in Kasautii needed her character to come back.

We got in touch with Nandini and everything seemed fine. Suddenly, she messaged saying she is not interested."

Ungrateful Singh

The high-handed Nandini didn't offer any explanation to the production house.
Says an insider, "Nandini had constant fights with her co-actors Nikkhil Arya and Eijaz Khan.

She was very problemmatic. Yet, Ekta forgave her. Instead of acknowledging Ekta's gesture and being happy that her period of sitting at home was over, she demanded a huge amount as remuneration."

Ekta Kapoor confirms she had thought of recalling Nandini back in the Balaji fold and money was the only reason why she didn't make it. "If actors want to work with us, they have to work within our budgets," quips Kapoor.

When contacted, Nandini ducked talking by saying, "I will call you back."
Of course, the call never came.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kal-el thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
wow so much akar so rude, balaji gives actors young an old a chance they should remember that before showing any rudeness
-dramaholic- thumbnail
shes bare rude! 😑 she looks inocent!
ashbipasha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Well, I don't want to be mean but I never liked her.
*lucky_karen* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
what an attitude..suprising since she doesnt have much to back it up πŸ˜†
Fallen_Beauty thumbnail

Originally posted by: dramaholic

shes bare rude! 😑 she looks inocent!

myan,thtz juz pathetic of her!!instead ov bein thankful 2 Ekta c woz soo rude!!!..Ekta is gt loadsa good actors c duznt evn need her!i hated her..

i thought c woz innocent too but till i read an article which sed c woz v.uncooperative 2 her co-stars😑😑😑..i think c luks innocent coz ov da character c did in kesar!