Ban of underweight models? - Page 15

Posted: 17 years ago
well I dont' believe in totally banning underweight models..b/c that is unfair to them b/c they are being judged on their weight...but the entertaiment and modelling world needs to accept all body types...doesn't matter if you are fat, thin, or average...everyone should get a chance...I watch America's next top model...and I like how tyra banks is giving chance to plus size models...and we get to see debates over why or why not plus size models are chosen...there are 2 girls of size 12 in season 7...I am very happy about that...because I think it's about time other sizes are shown...b/c real women cant' relate to stick think women...and it will relieve pressure off the models who feel the need to be so thin and for young girls who follow the trend (I knew a aneroxic girl and trust me it ain't pretty)...I think we all need to eat healthy and excerising is important but weight issues need to be dealt with...there are people who are self concious of being thin(I know many) so I think people and media need to quit debating about whether we should be skinny or fat but rather about being healthy(as in what is good for our body)...just my thoughts!!
Posted: 17 years ago
A ban on underweight models would mean a violation of Article 19(1)(a) of the Indian constitution...An infringement of Fundamental Rights...