Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka

Pass the saas, please -Ekta Kapoor

dures thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Pass the saas, please

Ekta Kapoor is dreaming beyond saas-bahu sagas now. She is set to roll cinema, TV and reality into one big project

There's one project that has Ekta Kapoor really excited. She says, "There's one really big project (that I'm co-producing with Sanjay Gupta) which will open up a new genre of cinema. I'll be bringing in cinema, TV and reality into one range of creativity. People will talk about it for a long time to come. Star Plus will be a very important part of that project."

Meanwhile, she has her hands full with film production, deciding her next move following Samir Nair's exit from Star and her new show Kayamath that starts this Monday. She has also just returned from Chennai after a visit to Tirupathi Balaji. "We walked to the temple. I haven't slept for 48 hours. But I've a new show starting on Monday. So I'm back at work," says Ekta.

Ekta Kapoor
The all-important question: Is she walking out of Star with Samir Nair? Apparently she's getting lusciously lucrative sums to switch channels.  "Right now I'm not too sure about my next move.  But yes, my association with Samir Nair at Star was to die for. I want to be part of any channel that Samir Nair moves to. I think Star is getting its act together. As soon as they do we'll have a better picture. But I've got lots of offers from Sony and other channels. I'm keeping my options open," she replies.

Ekta is also excited about her new show that will replace Kahin To Hoga. "It's a show called Kayamath. I had a super hit show by the same title on Doordarshan some years ago. The title suited my new show as Kayamath is about love that lasts till the end of time. It's based on a novel that I had heard about. I've got Sanjida from Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka and Shabbir Ahluwalia as the protagonists," says Ekta.

She speaks fondly of Iqbal Khan who recently left her production house. Ekta says, "I'm very fond of him. I was quite shocked when he left my show Kyun Hota Hai Pyarr. But I guess it was time for him to venture out into the real world. How much he needs me or I need him isn't the question."

The end of Kahin To Hoga means the end of Ekta's association with Amna Sharif. Ekta says, "I don't know whether we'll work together again in the near future. But it was a fruitful association. I'd definitely want to work with Amna again. At the moment she has a new show coming up on Sony. But you never know about the future."

That brings us to all the efforts that Ekta's breakaway creative director Sandeep Sickand has been making to out-manoueuvre Ekta through soaps galore on Sony Entertainment.

Ekta isn't being diplomatic when she says she hasn't seen any of Sickand's shows. "Where's the time? I haven't seen much of his work. I don't know what they're doing. The main aim is to garner TRPs.  I think Zee is managing that job very well. They're getting the right amount of eyeballs," she says.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Syeisha_Maini thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
i'm 100% sure sanjida aint in the show! sadly though! 😭
sumonetolub thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
i would be so darn happy if sanjida was in it becuz i love the gurl.......but then i beginning to doubt it becuase in the promo, neither shabbir nor sanjida were in it.......but i like both shabbir and sanjida.......man i hope she wasnt misquoted and both are in the show.......naina
sumonetolub thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
and then this is an article from today so its recent news so i dunno anymore.......naina
Farabin thumbnail
Wow it's indeed a gr8 news (if it's true) that Sanjeed is coming back in TV serial. I really miss that girl. I think she got lots of potentials. It was really shocking the way KHNK ends. So really want to see her performance and truly I think if she join Kayamath then it will be a add value because I think she will be better in all the department from the present leading lady.

By the way is Ezaj in that show!!!! If then Wow...........we will again watch Kunal-Nimmo together. I really love that pair....anyway i m keeping my fingers crossed.