Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

datspreets thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago
Inspiration: The title 'a thousand mirrors' was a prompt for a poetry contest. I really liked it and decided to write a flash fiction based on it. Here it goes…

A Thousand Mirrors (28 October 2006)

She moves on the stage effortlessly, like a butterfly moving from one flower to another. A picture perfect stance, a crisp jump and a split jump to end this mesmerizing affair.
The stadium thunders with claps.

Back stage she's greeted with hugs and appreciation. Her agent was trying to put off the crowd when a gentleman barges his way through it.

'Ma'am, that was a wonderful performance, I...'

She cuts the gentleman short by saying 'Thank You', expecting him to leave her alone. But he still stands there, even as her agent is motioning him to leave.

He begins to leave, but turns back one last time, 'Just make sure that in your next dance your eyes don't give away your sadness,' saying this he walks away leaving the dancer alone with her sorrow.

And she thought only her bedroom mirror knew about her scars! Perhaps, there are a thousand mirrors that know about it too, one of them - this man, but not all mirrors tell the truth!

(169 words)
(c) Preeti Datar
Tearðrops thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Wow Preeti once again very nice! I enjoyed reading it. Your stories are always very meaningful which is why i like reading them. 😊