Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 1 months ago

Most people expected Aishwariya Rai to win. They were enamored with her fair skin and light eyes and found her most beautiful. Even though I am more of a Sushmita fan now, back then, I was baffled as to why she won over Ash. So when everyone hypes you up as a favorite to win, and you lose, you are bound to be a bit bitter. Even the best human being would succumb to some jealousy. 

Plus, Ash was never as articulate, thoughtful, or quick-thinking as Sush. Sushmita Sen's communication skills are why she won over the favorite. Ash although having her own graces, is more likely to succumb to tabloid gotchas. 

Sparkling_Wine thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

That’s a fabricated quote but that’s the only way you can get her to say something bad about someone. So enjoy your delusions 😃

That's not a fabricated quote. It is right out of her interview in Movie Magazine August 1997. Her interview in that magazine is 5 pages long. In that interview, she took digs and potshots at Manisha Koirala, Sushmita, and a few others while praising herself which she loves to do. 

The delusions of Ash fans is impressive. Even though their graceful and classy Aish has said the most problematic and toxic things about others including slt-shaming Manisha, they still refuse to accept it. But they believe everything else that showcases their Ash as a perpetual victim. 

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Have grown up reading Aish’s interviews. This doesn’t sound surprising at all. 

Sush cannot be matched. Both outside and inner beauty. smiley9 Except for why she dated Lalit Modi, have always been her fan personally. smiley27

Media and journalists are ugly...smiley11..they will twist the words like no tomorrow....there is absolutely no way that Aish would say this publicly.....I want to hear her speaking this otherwise I don't believe it....

I know what they did to SRK's sentence ...used it without context and all hell broke loose......

Nope ....not believing this...especially not from someone classy like Aish...

Sparkling_Wine thumbnail

Originally posted by: BhataktiJawani

She is a sore loser. Glad Sush beat her Ass in miss india 1994. 

Sour loser for sure! This interview is from August 1997....three years after Sushmita beat her in Miss India 1994. 

Her sense of entitlement is also absurd. All girls participated in Miss India to win. But Ash talks as if she was the only one who deserved to win and the participation of other girls didn't matter. 

Sparkling_Wine thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Most people expected Aishwariya Rai to win. They were enamored with her fair skin and light eyes and found her most beautiful. Even though I am more of a Sushmita fan now, back then, I was baffled as to why she won over Ash. So when everyone hypes you up as a favorite to win, and you lose, you are bound to be a bit bitter. Even the best human being would succumb to some jealousy. 

Plus, Ash was never as articulate, thoughtful, or quick-thinking as Sush. Sushmita Sen's communication skills are why she won over the favorite. Ash although having her own graces, is more likely to succumb to tabloid gotchas. 

Was the perception of fairness different in early 90s? These pictures are of Ash and Sushmita from 1994 when they became Miss World and Miss Universe. I've heard people calling Sushmita dusky but Ash is considered fair. They both have the same complexion in the photo together. 

An exampe of how journalists twist the words to create clickbait titles/statements..

https://twitter.com/RiyazSrkian/status/1791133384045146589

MyselfJ thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

An exampe of how journalists twist the words to create clickbait titles/statements..

https://twitter.com/RiyazSrkian/status/1791133384045146589

BI it’s a 90’s magazine.The quote is from her interview..it’s not written in passive voice..it’s picked up straight away from her interview.Plus the journalists of 90’s were far better..you won’t find them twisting words like today’s.

Also even the classiest ladies have their weak moments..you must understand this was during her earliest of early days.

Also it’s strange how people can disapprove of an authentic interview when it’s about someone they like.This is not some blind.Waise to kal se kisi bhi news ko twisted and  fabricated keh sakte hain.

Shukar hai no one dragged Salman or his fans

in this thread smiley36

Salman Khan 90s Salman Khan Handsome GIF - Salman Khan 90s Salman Khan Handsome Salman Khan Yawning GIFs

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Sparkling_Wine

Was the perception of fairness different in early 90s? These pictures are of Ash and Sushmita from 1994 when they became Miss World and Miss Universe. I've heard people calling Sushmita dusky but Ash is considered fair. They both have the same complexion in the photo together. 

Damn Sush was such a beauty! smiley27 And she is very eloquent, no wonder she won!