Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 months ago

Originally posted by: you2

Inspite of having 3 options for Aish, she and Mads got the same votes for Devdas. When the film released,people tried to discredit Aish's impact in the film.For me Aish in HDDCS was the ultimate. I remember though, openly gasping,when I saw her dancing to " silsila yeh chaahat ka" It is HDDCS for me. 

SLB gave DP, "Deewani Mastani".. she will be remembered decades later for it..Not OSO,CE,YJHD..which had great songs. She will remain Mastani Sahiba.That film made her stardom,unmatched in recent years.

I personally feel Deepika will be more fondly remembered for Shanti Priya.  Mastani was overshadowed by Priyanka's character, but Shanti Priya is an emotion.smiley10 What a grand debut she got with OSO.smiley32 

The film practically started a new era in Bollywood.

Coming back to the topic. Yes, I feel Aish in HDDCS is the ultimate SLB heroine. What a vibrant and colorful role. smiley27 Again, some characters are not just characters, they are an emotion!

Manisha will always be the OG, but it was Aish who made SLB realize his true potential and establish his forte. I can undnerstand why Rani is winning the poll though. As an "acting performance" it was definitely a performance far ahead of others.smiley32

Edited by diasingh2 - 2 months ago

Aishwarya in HDDCS

The grace the young girl in love n then forced to marry the heartbreak

Everything was portrayed so cutely by Ash

Her chemistry with Salman is still fresh it's like that eternal feel

I don't like SLB movies but HDDCS is an exception n also the songs are chef's kiss smiley42

Mugda thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Aishwarya Rai will be remembered forever for mainly 3 films. Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam,  Devdas & Jodhaa Akbar.

When you search her pictures you will get mostly images of these 3 films. 

Out of these 3 films first two films were directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali. 

Bhansali's trademark of grandeur and oppulence started with HDDCS. If SLB had huge contribution to Ash's career then off course Aishwarya also contributed immensely to Bhansali's film career.

Imagine Kareena Kapoor doing Paro or Kajol doing HDDCS. 

These 2 films would not become as iconic  if they acted in it. 

Bhansali's reputation of presenting actresses heavenly beautiful and divine started with Aishwarya Rai in HDDCS.

She is the ultimate SLB heroine. Not Deepika, who tried her best replacing  Aishwarya in Bajirao & Padmaavat. Bhansali tried hard to present Deepika as Aishwarya's doppelganger in both Bajirao & Padmaavat.

No matter how many actresses do SLB's films its Aishwarya, Aishwarya & Aishwarya who will remain as quintessential SLB heroine. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Other ones movies

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Mugda

Aishwarya Rai will be remembered forever for mainly 3 films. Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam,  Devdas & Jodhaa Akbar.

When you search her pictures you will get mostly images of these 3 films. 

Out of these 3 films first two films were directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali. 

Bhansali's trademark of grandeur and oppulence started with HDDCS. If SLB had huge contribution to Ash's career then off course Aishwarya also contributed immensely to Bhansali's film career.

Imagine Kareena Kapoor doing Paro or Kajol doing HDDCS. 

These 2 films would not become as iconic  if they acted in it. 

Bhansali's reputation of presenting actresses heavenly beautiful and divine started with Aishwarya Rai in HDDCS.

She is the ultimate SLB heroine. Not Deepika, who tried her best replacing  Aishwarya in Bajirao & Padmaavat. Bhansali tried hard to present Deepika as Aishwarya's doppelganger in both Bajirao & Padmaavat.

No matter how many actresses do SLB's films its Aishwarya, Aishwarya & Aishwarya who will remain as quintessential SLB heroine. 

I just pictured that and i see horror..kareena doing dola re dola..and kajol doing nimora nimora will be everyone's nightmare..oh the horror..kajol esp would have made that into a spoof movie smiley36

BhataktiJawani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Rani in Black >>>>

FatalFlaw thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: cougarTown

I just pictured that and i see horror..kareena doing dola re dola..and kajol doing nimora nimora will be everyone's nightmare..oh the horror..kajol esp would have made that into a spoof movie smiley36

The thing about Bhansali is he totally gets his actors and knows how to make them shine. Like, he wouldn't give Aishwarya Maar Dala or Kahe Chede Mohe, and he wouldn't ask Deepika to do Nimboda or Dola re Dola. I mean the man casts non-dancers like Sonakshi, Aditi, his own niece and Richa Chada as courtesans and somehow makes them dance without it being a 'horror'.

FatalFlaw thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Category A+

Madhuri in Devdas

Priyanka in Bajirao

Supriya Pathak in RL

Manisha in Heeramandi

Category A

Aishwarya in Devdas

Alia Bhatt in Gangu 

Sanjeeda Sheikh in Heeramandi