RuNak- Songfic Anthology/OS/SS

Anusha16 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 months ago

Hey everyone!  Wrote an OS/SS Chp.1/Song Fic inspired by the recent set of events and Mridzy's idea about songs suiting RuNak as a couple.  

This is not what I wanted to post initially but couldn't resist doing it because of the past couple of episodes full of Angst between Ani and Jhanak. This is particularly written from Jhanak's POV completely since I usually do Ani. This can be a scene in the show's episode, particularly the night before today's RuNak conversation, before Jhanak returns the clothes to Ani. Anyway, it's a melancholic one. Hope you guys are fine with it! As always, any positive and constructive feedback is more than welcome and would help in improving my craft. smiley20

Special Mention to @Mridzy, @Goddy2010, @Mayafruitbae and all others who wanted proper angst in a song setting. 

Chapter 1: Maana ki Hum Yaar Nahin

The Basu household was a picture of laughter and melodious tunes as Jhanak brought chai to them. Huddled together tightly, they were playing Antakshari in the hall, bright smiles adorning their faces due to the good times they were having at the moment. A feeling of Nostalgia flooded Jhanak’s senses, memories surfacing, happy and fun times with her mother and her friends singing and doing the same as Basus looked like ages ago.

Kitne ache din te…. Ab lagta hain kayi saal beeth gaya. Maa….

A smile lingered on her face as she kept the chai on the table. Bipasha’s voice jerked her to reality, a stark reminder that those days were long gone, leaving only misery and despair in its wake.

“Ey ladki, tum hass kyun rahi ho? Koi joke chal raha hai kya?”

“Haan, bolo Jhanak! Paagal ki tarah hass kyun rahi ho?” chirped in Rumi and Mimi after their boudhi.

Jhanak sighed inwardly, calming herself to answer their questions without irritation or anger in case they dragged her mother through the mud again.

Bas do din ki baat hain Jhanak…

The thought of her marriage brought both relief and distress within her. Keeping that thought aside, she answered Bipasha in the most neutral tone possible.

“Kuch nahi Bipasha didi, bas meri Maa ki yaad aa rahi thi ye Antakshari dekh khar… “

“Ohhh…. Urvashi Maasi??”

Jhanak turned her head towards the source of that voice. It was Arshi, her cousin. Her mocking grin betrayed her words, rife with contempt for her mother. Jhanak flinched at the thought. She could bite back when the Basus talk ill about her mother, but it always hurt her to see her blood relatives talk ill. Maybe it's her mother in her, making her so foolish and emotional towards them.

“Ji Arshi didi,” she replied in a quiet tone. She didn’t want to ruffle her cousin’s feathers in any case.

“Acha Jhanak, tum to do din mein Jeejaji se shadi karke chali jaogi, ab ye sab kaam chodo… humare saath enjoy karo. Hain na Ani?”

Arshi snaked her arms around Aniruddh, in a possessive gesture. Jhanak’s eyes traveled from the pair of intertwined arms to Aniruddh’s face as if in a trance, but quickly averted it knowing he was also staring back at her with equal intensity.

“Arshi, kya paata… Jhanak ko unki hone wale pati se baat karni hogi. Chodo na usse…,” Aniruddh supplied, his eyes still fixed on Jhanak.

Jhanak’s blood boiled on hearing his words. Pinning him with her gaze, she bit back in an icy tone.

“Aisa kuch nahi hai Sir ji, aur mein pehli hi mere honewale pati se baat ki thi… Aap fikar mat kijiye…”

WatchingAniruddh’s face contort with disgust upon her reply filled her with contentment.

Teekhai. Yahi tho deserve karte hain aap Sir ji. Humesha mujhe takleef dete hain… Kyun?

But her contentment soon faded away at the thought of her hurting him.

“Acha…. Isse dekho bhai, honewale pati se baat kar rahi hai chup chupke…. Do din ka intezaar nahi ho paara Jhanak?” Mimi jested.

“Aisa kuch nahi, mein bas Sirji ko jawab de raha ta…”

“Teekhai teekhai, Kuch bhi ho… Mein bahot kush hoon aaj. Isliye tum bhi aao, bait jao… Ab mera aur Ani ka turn hai, hum ghana gayenge… Rumi Alphabet kyaa hai??” Arshi cheerfully asked her Nanad.

“Haan Arshi didi, Ma hai, you can use any in the series…”

“Hm… ma… ma… kuch bhi chalega?” Arshi confirmed.

“Haan didi, jaldi karo…. Bas 10 secs hai aapke paas… Ek, do, teen….”  Rumi started her countdown.

“Haan haan rukho… mujhe paata hai ki kyaa gaana hai. Ani yahan aao, Hum ek dum ache se show dikhayenge ye logon ko….” Arshi pulled Ani to the central area for a dance and a duet.

Jhanak had a moment of realization as she recognized the song... It was the one from Shushant Singh Rajput’s movie…

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Makhna : DRIVE (2017)

Makhna - Drive| Sushant Singh Rajput, Jacqueline Fernandez| Tanishk Bagchi, Asees Kaur 

Ye bhi na jaane wo bhi na jaane, naino ke rang naina jaane

(No one knows the color of eyes other than the eyes themselves)

Mila jo sang tera, uda patang mera, hawa me hoke malang 

(In your company I want to fly mad with the winds )

Jag ki koi reet na jaani, main to bus tere hui diwani

(I don't know the rules of the world, except becoming your lover)

(In your company I want to fly mad with the winds )

Main chod aayi ghar waar mera, oh makhna ve makhna

(I left my home and everything, oh my lover!)

Ab tu hi he sansaaar mera, oh makhna ve makhna

(From now you are my world, oh my lover!)

Ye pagal sa he pyar mera, oh makhna ve makhna

(My love for you is like madness, oh my lover!)

Tere hi baten ho, subah si raten ho

(From morning to night are all your conversations)

Jab se mila he tu dil ko mila sukoon

(I found my relief only when I met you)

Tu hi raah mere, tu hi safar he, tere bahon me ab mera ghar he

(You are my path and journey; your arms are now my home)

Chain na jaane, Dard na jaane, dil to bus dil ko pehchaane

(Doesn’t know relief or pain, a heart only knows another)

(In your company I want to fly mad with the winds)

Main chod aayi ghar waar mera, oh makhna ve makhna

(I left my home and everything, oh my lover!)

Ab tu hi he sansaaar mera, oh makhna ve makhna

(From now you are my world, oh my lover!)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Jhanak stood rooted to the spot, preoccupied with the sight before her. Arshi and Aniruddh were dancing, as if in a fairytale; the prince and princess meant for each other. Aniruddh's gaze shifted back and forth between her and Arshi as he danced and sang along as if searching for answers. For a minute, she allowed herself to fantasize, her in place of her cousin, happily singing and dancing with her husband. But as soon as the fantasy materialized, it also evaded her like a mirage; only one thought persisting at the end.

Ye dono ek doosre ke saath ache lagte hain na?? Jaise ek doosre ke liye bane ho? Sir ji ki choice achi hai…

Kash…mujhe bhi….

As she pondered, her eyes moistened, and a teardrop slid down her cheek alerting her. She noticed Aniruddh curiously staring at her. She immediately cleared her throat and wiped her tears, thankful that no one noticed.

“Ey ladki”

“Ji Auntyji?”

“Ab tumhara turn hai…. Gaa paogi?”

“Meju Kaki, Jhanak acha gana gayega, aakhir meine train kiya use… haha ha ha,” Appu giggled and supplied the answer to Tanuja.

“Ji… kya letter hai Rumi?” Jhanak asked Rumi as a means to control her overflowing emotions.

“Phir se Ma…Uss series mein kisi bhi letter kko chun sakthi ho. Yaad rakho, bas 10 secs haigaane choose karne keliye…”

“Ek, do, teen…,” Mimi started counting this time.

“Ji, Ek minute. Meine song choose kar liya… “

Jhanak replied and cleared her throat in an attempt to sing. Words flowed out of her mouth as if she had been born to sing. She immersed herself in the melodious tune, one of her favorites, with only herself and Aniruddh remaining in her peripheral vision. 

Ye song teekhai. Meri uljano ko izhaar karne keliye… Kya Sirji- 

She stopped mid-question and focused on singing. To her surprise, her voice sounded pleasant even to her ears, when usually it did not.

Maana ki Hum Yaar Nahin: HUMARI PYAARI BINDU (2017)

Maana Ke Hum Yaar Nahin (Female)

Maana Ke Hum Yaar Nahi, Lo Tey Hai Ke Pyaar Nahi

(I admit we are not friends; I admit we are not lovers.)

Phir Bhi Nazrein Na Tum Milana, Dil Ka Aitbaar Nahi

(But do not turn to look at me, my heart cannot be trusted.)

Maana Ke Hum Yaar Nahi

(I admit we are not friends.)

Raaste Mein Jo Milo Toh, Haath Milaane Ruk Jaana

(If we meet somewhere by chance, stop, and shake my hand.)

Ho, Saath Mein Koi Ho Tumhare, Door Se Hi Tum Muskaana

(If someone is walking by your side, then smile at me from afar.)

Lekin Muskaan Ho Aisi, Ki Jisme Ikraar Nahi

(But in that smile, show not a trace of familiarity.)

Nazron Se Na Karna Tum Bayaan, Woh Jis Se Inkaar Nahi

(Do not let your eyes express what I can’t deny.)

Maana Ke Hum Yaar Nahi

(I admit we are not friends.)

Phool Jo Band Hai Panno Mein, Tum Usko Dhool Bana Dena

(Those memories in the folds of the pages. Let them turn to dust.)

Baat Chhide Jo Meri Kahin Tum, Usko Bhool Bataa Dena

(If my name comes to your lips, just say it was a mistake.)

Lekin Wo Bhool Ho Aisi, Jis Se Bezaar Nahin

(But even that mistake should be one that you never tire of.)

Tu Jo Soye Toh Meri Tarah, Ik Pal Ko Bhi Karaar Nahin

(When you sleep, same as me, there is not a single moment of comfort for you.)

Maana Ki Hum Yaar Nahi

(I admit we are not friends anymore.)

What followed the completion of her song of a resounding silence, all eyes pointed towards her, while hers and Aniruddh's in an eye lock, holding a conversation without the need for words among the faceless crowd of the Basus. She silently pleaded with her husband to look at her, her pain, and her wishes. To her misfortune, only her cousin’s shrill voice was heard in return.

“Jhanak!!!Kya matlab hai iss song ka??”, Arshi burst out in anger.

“Haan Jhanak Rani… bholo! Kya hai yeh?” Bipasha piped in.

“Ji Arshi didi, Bipasha didi… mujhe ye song pasand hai kabse jabse meine iss pehle suna tha…aur kuch nahi. Bas mujhe ye song gaane ka mann tha, please iska galat matlab nikhaliye…”

Jhanak requested her cousin. Whatever her real intentions are, were only a well-kept secret within herself. Arshi kept glancing between her and Ani like a Hawk, doubtful of Jhanak’s words. After a couple of seconds, she finally relented and turned to Jhanak.

“Teekhai, I believe you. Ab mujhe kuch snacks kaane ka mann hai… Jao jake Kitchen se Chocolate chip cookies le aao. Got it?” She ordered.

“Yaay!!Cookies… mujhe bhi laa do Jhanak!” Appu di exclaimed happily unfazed by the glares of disgust around her.

“Arshi, mein lekar aati hoon beta, Mujhe pata hai cookies kahan hai…,” Bodomaa insisted.

“Koi baat nahi Bodomaa. Arshi didi, mein abhi ayi paanch minute mein…” Jhanak replied and turned her back, feeling the sensation of a pair of eyes burning into her. She quickly strode to the kitchen, mindful not to glance back for fear of facing those eyes.

As Jhanak was searching for the chocolate chip cookies Arshi asked, she heard footsteps in her direction. Her heartbeat accelerated, a dreadful feeling forming in the pit of her stomach. A thousand thoughts flitted in her mind making her unable to focus.

Ab nahi…mein usse dekhna nahi chahti… mein kyaa karun?

“Jhanak?”Aniruddh’s probing voice sounded suspiciously nearby.

In a panic, Jhanak swung around to face Aniruddh and answered hastily.

“Ji, aapko kuch kaam tha? Mein bas cookies laa rahi thi abhi…” She quipped on a highly unusual pitch.

Noticing her distress, Aniruddh frowned. His eyebrows crinkled as if he was trying to phrase his question the right way to get her answer.

“Tum teekho?” Aniruddh asked, his voice laced with concern.

“Ji... Mein samja nahi? Mein bilkul teek hoon...” Jhanak supplied with fake confusion to distract him.

“Jhoot mat bholo Jhanak… Tum ro kyun rahi thi?” Ani grilled her, dropping all pretenses on seeing her reaction.

“Sirji… aisa kuch nahi hai. Aap ko koi galat fami hui hogi…” Jhanak replied, trying to preserve her façade of composure. She hoped against all hopes that Aniruddh wouldn’t discover her. It wouldn’t do well, for either of them.

“Jhanak, Mein- “, he made an aborted effort to hold her hand.

Before Aniruddh could complete his words though, a second set of footsteps disrupted their conversation. Arshi was coming in quick marches, eager to cover the gap between the two and herself. As soon as she did, she pulled and held Ani’s hand in a tight grasp and gawked at Jhanak in skepticism.

“Ani, tum yahan kya kar rahe ho?” she demanded in a fiery tone.

“Nothing Arshi, mein bas paani peene aya tha… wahan table pe paani katam ho gaya thai sliye…. Kyun koi problem hai?” Aniruddh responded smoothly.

“Kuch nahi, tum pani peeya? Ek minute ruko…mein hi de deti hoon...”

Arshi quickly got to the water pitcher on the kitchen countertop, grabbed a glass full of water, handing it to Ani.

“Chalo, ab hogaya na… Jhanak ye cookies mujhe de do… mein lekar jaati hoon.”

She quickly seized the bowl full of chocolate chip cookies from Jhanak’s hand and smiled in contempt.

“Ani, she looks weak na?? Uske chehre dekho…Kal uski sagayi aur parson shaadi… shayad hum usse bahot kaam de rahe hain… Jhanak tum ek kaam karo… tum kamre mein jaakar aaram karo, agar ho sake to jaldi so jao… kyunki kal tumhare liye special dayhain na? Teekhai… so jao…Aur Ani tum jao mere saath… sab wait kare rahe hai Antakshari continue karne  keliye… let’s go!”

Arshi covertly instructed Jhanak not to participate in the Antakshari seeing Aniruddh’s reaction. She wanted to remove any diversions possible for her fiancé. She held his hand tightly and pulled him in the opposite direction towards the hall, leaving Jhanak alone in the kitchen. As Aniruddh disappeared from her view, the only thing Jhanak noticed were his eyes requesting an answer to his earlier question, one she couldn’t be honest with. She quickly turned the other way as tears pooled in her eyes. She so badly wished to be the one to grab his hands, to smile happily beside him, but fate declared otherwise; her marriage in the next couple of days to a person who didn’t matter to her at all. Creases formed in her clothes as she held her Kurta tightly in an attempt to calm herself. It only served to make the tears overflow without control, no matter how hard she tried not to cry.

Bas karo Jhanak… Wo tumhe nahi chuna. Wo tumhare didi se Shaadi karne wale hai… ek doosre se pyaar karte hain… tum kaun hoti un dono ke beech mein aane wali? Kyaa hasiyat hai tumhara? Arshi didi kahan hai... aur tum kahan ho? Kya haq hai tumhara yesab sochne ki… kuch nai… Bhagwaan ke liye chup ho jao… tumhe dukh daard ke alava kuch nahi milega… Bas do din Jhanak… sirf do aur din. Isse ache se bithao, Sirji aur unki parivaar ke saath… Dobara ye maukha nahi milega tumhe…

As her tears stopped, her resolve strengthened. She wiped away her tears and walked out of the kitchen, in hopes of a tranquil reprieve in the night.

XXXXXXXXXX

And that's it! Let me know if you all liked this format of FF for RuNaK. I have more ideas in mind and would like to continue if enough people are interested in reading them. Thanks!

Have a happy day Y'all!!! Toodlessmiley31

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anusha16 thumbnail

Tagging others 

Anusha16 thumbnail

Tagging more 

samarp2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Most Liked (April 2024) 1 Thumbnail + 4

smiley32smiley32 Wow Anusha it’s so well written smiley20 pls continue writing more of time persists for usmiley27

Thanks for the tag smiley31

MayaFruitbae thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

The songs were apt ...

Its looks so synced with todays episode .

They could really put this on screen as a light moment and also drama..

Mana ki hum yaar nahi is just ❤️

Edited by MayaFruitbae - 1 months ago
MMR2810 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I liked it..plz continue writing...

Thank you for tagging me...smiley1

tellyme thumbnail

Thanks. Will comment after reading Anushaji

Mridzy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Thanks for writing this Anusha! I will write a detailed comment after reading fully, but just wanted to say that writing a song fic is pretty hard and on a quick skim through, looks like you have nailed it! 

Thanks!

Anusha16 thumbnail

Originally posted by: samarp2

smiley32smiley32 Wow Anusha it’s so well written smiley20 pls continue writing more of time persists for usmiley27

Thanks for the tag smiley31

Thank you Sam ji! Glad to see you liked it. smiley20

Anusha16 thumbnail

Originally posted by: MMR2810

I liked it..plz continue writing...

Thank you for tagging me...smiley1

Sure. will dosmiley20