Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HahaHeheHuhu9 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: milkcakejamun

Hello to all those who come across this post!

Udne Ki Aasha first came under my radar when I discovered Kanwar Dhillon was the male lead. I enjoyed seeing his portrayal of Shiva Pandya in Pandya Store, and I figured he would give a stellar performance in this show as well. However ever since I found out that Udne Ki Aasha is the remake of Siragadikka Aasai, I became much more excited.

Siragadikka Aasai’s wiki page does not do this show the justice it deserves. So let me explain why all of you should give this show a chance:

- A classic tale of rivals to lovers

- A ton of positive characters (i.e., ML's father, ML's brother, ML's grandmother, FL's sister, FL's mother)

- FL's father in law genuinely considers her to be his daughter (i.e., such as cooking her food)

- A ML who actually supports the FL's dreams (i.e., he buys a stall for her so she could sell flowers)

- A ML who recognizes everything the FL does for the family, and gets mad when she is bullied

- A FL who can actually defend herself

- Boat loads of comedy

Siragadikka Aasai has been consistently in the Top 5 of TRPs as well as a slot leader. The Telugu remake, Gunde Ninda Gudi Gantalu became slot leader as well as solidified it's position in the Top 5 (which is a miracle of sorts since the channel struggled with the 9 pm slot for almost 3 years). The Kannada remake, Aase, has enjoyed good ratings as well despite starting recently. 

For those of you KD fans who still have bhabi trauma from Pandya Store, fear not. Most of the emotional conflict in the show is between the ML and his mother who has a negative opinion of him due to his past. The ML does have a bhabi, but he could care less about her. (In fact, the second time he meets her, he calls her out for being a fraud because she cut him in line one time) If there is any woman the ML loves more than the FL, it is his grandmother who is the sweetest.

TLDR: Watch this show, peeps! You won't regret.

@ Green 😂😂😂  But that's good to know.  The way Bhabi-Ma was all-pervading, good lord! 😵  It's amazing that it's the opposite in this show 😆

Edited by HahaHeheHuhu9 - 4 months ago
HahaHeheHuhu9 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

In the OG, ML is the middle child. He has an older brother with multiple degrees (yet no job) and a younger brother who aspires to become a chef.

Oldest son is the Maa’s favorite. She also likes her younger son, but she has unexplained tension with the ML. The father tries to make up for that love.

Any idea why the ML's mother dislikes him? 

What happened in childhood that she left him with his grandmother?  

milkcakejamun thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HahaHeheHuhu9

Any idea why the ML's mother dislikes him? 

What happened in childhood that she left him with his grandmother?  

No idea. Trying to catch up on episodes of the OG.

In the Telugu remake, the ML's mother dislikes him for having a "bad fate." When the ML was born, both the mother and father become injured. And a priest tells her the ML was born under a bad nakshatra. If he lives at home with them, a family member would die. So the mother is scared and sends him to live with his grandmother. One time, the family visits the ML in the village, and as the ML shows the village to his two elder brothers, the eldest brother accidentally dies because the second brother (essentially Tejas) pushes him into the water.

The mother is absolutely livid, and when she asks what happened, the second brother lies and says the ML pushed the eldest brother to his death. The mother then insults the ML for being an unlucky star, and she sends him to jail. The ML doesn't say anything because he doesn't want his mother to grow hatred for another brother.

But to be fair, the Telugu version is different but similar from the OG. It goes at 0.5x speed of the OG due to a few additional scenes between the FL and ML, many of the characters are nicer (ML's mother is not as mean, ML's father gets more emotional whenever the FL is hurt, FL seems less angry and stubborn as the OG FL, and the ML is comparatively not as mean as the OG ML in the initial episodes), and the ML has a sister (which he does not in the OG). 

Transference thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Hello Hello! I am also here 

milkcakejamun thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mountains_Lakes

Avi!!🤗🤗 So good to see you!

Yes, loving UKA, so far! Gree with all that you said. In the first epi, it was all Sachin. Other than the face, I didn't see much resemblance. And Kanwar is pro at emotional scenes. Loved him.

The best part? He calls a spade a spade here. No filter. Lol it's a must for KD to have nalla on screen bro, but lol the intro today as he reads the name plate was hilarious. MBA karke berozgar, baap ki kamayi pe rehne Wala, etc.

And I'm loving the cinematography of this too. Quite aesthetic.

ML!

Nice to see you again! Time sure has flown by. In the Pandya Store forum, I was a first year medical student, and now I'm ready for graduation, lol. 

Perhaps at the start of KD's next series (because I genuinely believe this can be a terrific show if they try to loose adapt as much of the OG story as possible), I'll be graduating from residency smiley36

milkcakejamun thumbnail

Originally posted by: Transference

Great to see a lot of the OG Pandya Store members tuning in!

Edited by milkcakejamun - 4 months ago
Mountains_Lakes thumbnail
Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

ML!

Nice to see you again! Time sure has flown by. In the Pandya Store forum, I was a first year medical student, and now I'm ready for graduation, lol. 

Perhaps at the start of KD's next series (because I genuinely believe this can be a terrific show if they try to loose adapt as much of the OG story as possible), I'll be graduating from residency smiley36

Yay, congrats! 🎉  So happy for you and your achievements! 🤗. Sab ratings ka Kamal hai.I hope the story gets good ratings and channel won't have to intervene with stupid 3rd angle stuff.

I'm loving the show so far. Not just as KD's fan, but also for the overall story and good acting from the whole cast.

P.s. the OG crowd from here misses you in TT.

Originally posted by: Transference

Piu🤗

milkcakejamun thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mountains_Lakes

Yay, congrats! 🎉  So happy for you and your achievements! 🤗. Sab ratings ka Kamal hai.I hope the story gets good ratings and channel won't have to intervene with stupid 3rd angle stuff.

I'm loving the show so far. Not just as KD's fan, but also for the overall story and good acting from the whole cast.

P.s. the OG crowd from here misses you in TT.

Thanks ML!

I'll probably come over to TT soon. Finishing up some last minute stuff for school before graduation.

As for 3rd angle stuff, lol, the Telugu introduced a potential 3rd angle when they showed a tree with the ML's name and some rando girl's name. But luckily, no 3rd angle in the story yet smiley41 I don't think my little heart can take another Disha 2.0 smiley29

Thanks ML!

I'll probably come over to TT soon. Finishing up some last minute stuff for school before graduation.

As for 3rd angle stuff, lol, the Telugu introduced a potential 3rd angle when they showed a tree with the ML's name and some rando girl's name. But luckily, no 3rd angle in the story yet smiley41 I don't think my little heart can take another Disha 2.0 smiley29

Hahaha. I remember that. And we got multiple 3rd angles, not sure if you saw it...one was Bhabhis sister. Who came and took the show down with her.

So good then. They showed some girl who rejected sachin cause of his past. And I hope that's all it stays at. Whatever I've been reading and seeing this show as of now, I am loving it completely. Hope ratings come and it continues to be this way!