milkcakejamun thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago
#1

Hello to all those who come across this post!


Udne Ki Aasha first came under my radar when I discovered Kanwar Dhillon was the male lead. I enjoyed seeing his portrayal of Shiva Pandya in Pandya Store, and I figured he would give a stellar performance in this show as well. However ever since I found out that Udne Ki Aasha is the remake of Siragadikka Aasai, I became much more excited.


Siragadikka Aasai’s wiki page does not do this show the justice it deserves. So let me explain why all of you should give this show a chance:


     - A classic tale of rivals to lovers

     - A ton of positive characters (i.e., ML's father, ML's brother, ML's grandmother, FL's sister, FL's mother)

     - FL's father in law genuinely considers her to be his daughter (i.e., such as cooking her food)

     - A ML who actually supports the FL's dreams (i.e., he buys a stall for her so she could sell flowers)

     - A ML who recognizes everything the FL does for the family, and gets mad when she is bullied

     - A FL who can actually defend herself

     - Boat loads of comedy


Siragadikka Aasai has been consistently in the Top 5 of TRPs as well as a slot leader. The Telugu remake, Gunde Ninda Gudi Gantalu became slot leader as well as solidified it's position in the Top 5 (which is a miracle of sorts since the channel struggled with the 9 pm slot for almost 3 years). The Kannada remake, Aase, has enjoyed good ratings as well despite starting recently. 


For those of you KD fans who still have bhabi trauma from Pandya Store, fear not. Most of the emotional conflict in the show is between the ML and his mother who has a negative opinion of him due to his past. The ML does have a bhabi, but he could care less about her. (In fact, the second time he meets her, he calls her out for being a fraud because she cut him in line one time) If there is any woman the ML loves more than the FL, it is his grandmother who is the sweetest.


TLDR: Watch this show, peeps! You won't regret.

Created

Last reply

Replies

28

Views

7250

Users

15

Likes

57

Frequent Posters

MochaQueen thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago
#2
1PinkRose1 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago
#3

Plot sounds interesting.




As you said " You won't regret", I hope I won't because of ML and his family. I can't stand red flag ML jahan pe their abusive behaviour towards FL ko glorified and romanticised kiya jata. And majority of SP ML 's are extremely toxic and pathetic.



ML's family seems nice except his mother. why his mother holds extremely hatred towards FL??? Any particular reason or just typical SP MIL. Actually not only FL but she resent her own son too...Why 🤔??

dhun.laagi thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago
#4

Hoping to watch it soon!

milkcakejamun thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago
#5

Originally posted by: 1PinkRose1

Plot sounds interesting.




As you said " You won't regret", I hope I won't because of ML and his family. I can't stand red flag ML jahan pe their abusive behaviour towards FL ko glorified and romanticised kiya jata. And majority of SP ML 's are extremely toxic and pathetic.



ML's family seems nice except his mother. why his mother holds extremely hatred towards FL??? Any particular reason or just typical SP MIL. Actually not only FL but she resent her own son too...Why 🤔??


Unsure of how the Hindi remake will interpret the scenes from the original, but I follow the Telugu version, and I'm trying to catch up on the Tamil version, but I would say the ML is very much a green flag. There are moments where the ML can be mean (mostly due to the fact that he never wanted to marry the FL in the first place); however, that is balanced by the FL calling him out on his behavior. Eventually, the FL and ML learn to grow mutual respect for each other.


To give you a glimpse, in the Tamil version, the ML bought her a stall so she could sell garlands and work like the other daughter in laws in the house. Recently she had a large order, so as she was busy tying garlands, the ML fed her, made coffee for her.


The ML's father is pure smiley27. Him and the FL's mother are the reason the FL and ML try hard to stay together. The Tamil version has not addressed the tension between the ML and his mother, but the Telugu version has. Seems like despite the hatred, she still has some sort of love for the ML. 


The ML's mother never wanted her son (her eldest favored son) to marry "below" their class. She considers a flower selling girl to be financially beneath them.


Hope that answers a few of your questions!

1PinkRose1 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago
#7

Originally posted by: milkcakejamun


Unsure of how the Hindi remake will interpret the scenes from the original, but I follow the Telugu version, and I'm trying to catch up on the Tamil version, but I would say the ML is very much a green flag. There are moments where the ML can be mean (mostly due to the fact that he never wanted to marry the FL in the first place); however, that is balanced by the FL calling him out on his behavior. Eventually, the FL and ML learn to grow mutual respect for each other.


To give you a glimpse, in the Tamil version, the ML bought her a stall so she could sell garlands and work like the other daughter in laws in the house. Recently she had a large order, so as she was busy tying garlands, the ML fed her, made coffee for her.


The ML's father is pure smiley27. Him and the FL's mother are the reason the FL and ML try hard to stay together. The Tamil version has not addressed the tension between the ML and his mother, but the Telugu version has. Seems like despite the hatred, she still has some sort of love for the ML. 


The ML's mother never wanted her son (her eldest favored son) to marry "below" their class. She considers a flower selling girl to be financially beneath them.


Hope that answers a few of your questions!

Her eldest favored sonsmiley24 Who ? The MLsmiley44. Arey Maa Bete ka extremely strained relationship hai that's what I interpreted from promo. Aisa bhi nahi hai ki ML is maa ka chamcha as per promo...toh mujhe bohut sare confusion hai smiley44Or maybe Hindi version promo hi misleading hai.

milkcakejamun thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago
#8

Originally posted by: 1PinkRose1

Her eldest favored sonsmiley24 Who ? The MLsmiley44. Arey Maa Bete ka extremely strained relationship hai that's what I interpreted from promo. Aisa bhi nahi hai ki ML is maa ka chamcha as per promo...toh mujhe bohut sare confusion hai smiley44Or maybe Hindi version promo hi misleading hai.


In the OG, ML is the middle child. He has an older brother with multiple degrees (yet no job) and a younger brother who aspires to become a chef.


Oldest son is the Maa’s favorite. She also likes her younger son, but she has unexplained tension with the ML. The father tries to make up for that love.

Kara09 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago
#9

I have watched first 2 episodes.. the story is same has og Tamil series .. 

Today's episode was dam good with sachin's one liners and his bond with baba ... and his relationship with his aai and elder brother 

Mountains_Lakes thumbnail
Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 months ago
#10

Avi!!🤗🤗 So good to see you!


Yes, loving UKA, so far! Gree with all that you said. In the first epi, it was all Sachin. Other than the face, I didn't see much resemblance. And Kanwar is pro at emotional scenes. Loved him.


The best part? He calls a spade a spade here. No filter. Lol it's a must for KD to have nalla on screen bro, but lol the intro today as he reads the name plate was hilarious. MBA karke berozgar, baap ki kamayi pe rehne Wala, etc.


And I'm loving the cinematography of this too. Quite aesthetic.