Current Affairs

Welcome to Current Affairs forum- Must read.

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 6 months ago

Hello dear members,

Welcome to a new section of IF- The "Current Affairs".

Here you can post, discuss about current events happening around us.

Looking at events, scenario with a neutral pov, will always be helpful to widen out horizon.

Do contribute with your valuable thoughts here.

This section was started last week. Response is good. But mainly disappointing is some posts.

Some are not posting about things happening around the World/ They are just playing Insta, Vs Twitter Vs Video clips. SM updates by anyone are posted that suits to promote their narratives.

If anyone does'nt agree with your views, they are personally attacked.

Please keep in mind, we are not fighting a war. We are just sharing our thoughts in text. 

Such posts will not be allowed Hence please share your thoughts in a discussion topic. 

Not in a SM narratives war.

Regards

CA DT.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7

I am not sure I completely understand.

Can you please elaborate? Most news is posted through social media these days, i.e. Twitter, Instagram etc. If we cannot share that, then how exactly are we supposed to know what’s happening in the world? I don’t watch or read the mainstream media news. I am not sure how people like me are expected to keep ourselves updated without social media. 

The only reason most of us are even posting on this forum is because discussion of current events is completed banned on Bollywood Forum.

I understand you have an obligation to remove inflammatory opinions. But I don’t think trashing social media content is the solution. 

I was looking for the China war ship topic someone made yesterday and it’s gone. I am not sure why that topic was trashed. Is that not current events? 

mnx12 thumbnail

Hi,

You must have seen discussions in DM.

They were more thought provoking. People shared their thoughts in text, occasionally sharing sm content. If almost all the posts are going to be on sm, then a SM section is the right place. 

At times people post sensible topic. But they go on other topics trolling. You know Its not allowed. 

Removing posts is not a permenant solution.

People should post responsibly. At least that the aim of this section. 

ReturnOFSriDevi thumbnail

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
The content of this post has been Hidden by User.
Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: mnx12

Hi,

You must have seen discussions in DM.

They were more thought provoking. People shared their thoughts in text, occasionally sharing sm content. If almost all the posts are going to be on sm, then a SM section is the right place. 

At times people post sensible topic. But they go on other topics trolling. You know Its not allowed. 

Removing posts is not a permenant solution.

People should post responsibly. At least that the aim of this section. 

I don’t think it’s realistic to expect people to debate active wars and genocide. World is very volatile right now. People are rattled. On the streets. On social media. Feelings will be involved. It’s unrealistic to expect neutrality unless members are completely apathetic to the current state.

I think this section should be for sharing news and for people to share their opinions on what’s happening in the world. I personally do not think opinions should be censored or censured. Of course, you can take action against people who violate the forum rules but other than that people should be allowed to share their thoughts.

For instance, I keep seeing pro-Israel/anti-Palestine tweets/news on here that really infuriate me. But I have not been reporting those posts because even those members have the right to share news and their opinions. Be that as it may much to my chagrin. 

If this section is just meant for posting news links without sharing our personal opinions, then I don’t think it will last very long. It will probably just turn into another Hollywood forum which has been inactive for years. 

Anyway, that’s just my opinion as a forum member.  You are the moderator. You can do what you want at the end of the day. 

Edited by Supari_khala - 6 months ago
mnx12 thumbnail

A newbie grows while contributing as per IF rules. If one is writing as per IF coc & forum rules, why will that id get banned repeatedly?

Something must be not right as per the forum you were active in past. 

Edited by mnx12 - 6 months ago

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
The content of this post has been Hidden by User.
mnx12 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Supari_khala

Anyway, that’s just my opinion as a forum member.  You are the moderator. You can do what you want at the end of the day. 

in fact we want you to post here. This section is made for knowing various thought patterns. But please post responsibly. 

mnx12 thumbnail

Sharing tweets etc is allowed. But do it sensibly. Sm updates of babies dead bodies is a reality, but can we atleast not post such sensitive sm content.

That's all I wanted to explain.

Originally posted by: mnx12

Sharing tweets etc is allowed. But do it sensibly. Sm updates of babies dead bodies is a reality, but can we atleast not post such sensitive sm content.

That's all I wanted to explain.

Hello again