AbhiRa story - The Last Goodbye! (Completed)

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 months ago

Amidst all the expectations, hatred, boredom and blah blah blu blu... let's revisit AbhiRa in normalcy.

What would you call it when you keep saying goodbye but keep uniting with the one other than destiny? Join Dr. Abhimanyu Birla and Akshara Goenka in a sweet, nostalgic and fresh way, in their journey of moving first encounter to the last goodbye. Please give it a try...

AbhiRa Story - The Last Goodbye!

“Lag jaa gale… Ke fir yeh, hasi raat ho na ho…

Shaayad fir is janam mein, mulaakaat ho na ho…”

A beautiful full moon shone with tiny stars twinkling their way through the sky. A soft breeze brought the melodious tune to the ghaat of Udaipur, where a lost soul closed eyes, lost in the heavenly magic of her voice. A rare yet beautiful smile formed on his rather tough and restless face as he leaned on the steps, putting hand on his heart.

“Lag jaa gale… e… e… e…”

His contentment stopped with the song as he opened eyes wondering who must be out so late. He glanced at the silhouette going away with the guitar bag on shoulder. The new place might be making one more soul wander sleepless tonight, he thought. He ruffled his thick dark hair, standing up as he walked back to his temporary stay. He slept peaceful that night after a long time. Just a feeling of someone to be there with him made him smile at his own thought.

Dr. Abhimanyu Birla, an aspiring heart surgeon, joined a month-long health camp at Udaipur. Based in Delhi, he was a prince of the tycoons Birla. His lonely childhood in a busy family and introvert personality made him prefer to stay alone. His nature was damn serious just like the profession he chose. Brilliant man with handsome looks always became the centre of attraction but his temper kept people at bay.

In the melancholy of patients and mess at hospital, he worked out hard to maintain his physic. Though he never spared him free time to think anything else to distract and disturb his simple life, he would often skip time to plunge into the world of music for the balance.

His next day went surprisingly pleasant as he felt unknowingly cheerful. He wrapped up his day, excited to visit the lake again to listen to his new-found treasure. Hoping she would arrive again, he waited at the ghaat he went yesterday. Surprised at his own hopes and actions, he stared patiently at the sparkling water.

A guitar string tickled his heart as he approached the owner of the humming sound. Carefully sitting few steps away, he adjusted himself for the upcoming waves of music, ready to soothe his heart. The smile never left him as he started having peaceful sleeps in the nights.

An emergency surgery had everyone on their toes. After acomplicated and delicate surgery, he dragged his tired self to their spot, disappointed that he would have missed her tonight. He slumped on the steps, closing eyes with a sigh.

Tinkles of bangles made him look up, as a girl about his age settled next to him. Her doe-shaped black eyes were dark as night but the warm smile she wore, were bright like a day light. She started playing guitar as he for the first time saw her face to face. His exhaustion vanished listening to her voice and his heart jumped inside looking at her beauty.

Akshara Goenka, a simply beautiful girl was a talented singer. She visited Udaipur for a workshop. She trusted music to be a healer. She was kind-hearted who loved to jell with people. She was jolly and happy-go-lucky just like the pleasant breeze. Always positive, she had a straight forward approach to life.

After she finished, she put her guitar back in the bag as his smile lessened. As she was about to go, he stood up

“I thought I would miss you tonight” He blurted.

“What?” She asked back surprised.

“Hi, I’m Abhimanyu. I’ve been listening to you singing here for a few days. Trust me, you have magic.” She smiled at the compliment as he continued “I was late today, so I thought you might be gone. So, I would miss listening to some good music, you know. But I think, we were destined to meet” He explained making her chuckle, surprised himself at his honest words.

“I see. Today was the last day of my workshop, so I just got free” She nodded, starting to leave.

“So, today is your last day here?” He asked a little restless.

“No. A few days more I guess” She half-turned to answer.

“Where do you come from?” He asked as she started to leave.

“You don’t need to know. I don’t think we’ll be needed to see each other again” She waved back putting her long hair back and left.

“At least Name please?” He shouted from the steps at her retreating figure.

“Ask your destiny” She answered without stopping.

“See you then” He waved.

“Good bye” She waved back as he smiled ruffling his hair.

“Sir, we are observing Mr. Patel post-surgery. His technical reports are good, but he is not getting over his anxiety, making his pressure to fluctuate. What to do?” Rohan, a junior doctor asked.

“We have called up a therapist today. Let’s see if that works” Dr. Abhimanyu replied.

“Yeh zindagi… raftaar se chal padi…

Jaate hue… raaho mein…

Humse yahi… kehke gayi…“A strings of guitar filled the camp air, as people started circling around the owner of that voice.

“Apna har din aise jio…

Jaise ki aakhari ho…” She approached Mr Patel as he looked up at her as she smiled grooving a little.

“Jio to iss pal aise jio…

Jaise ki aakhari ho…” He finally smiled as everyone cheered around.

“Sir, here she is. Our new Music Therapist, Ms. Akshara Goenka” Rohan introduced her.

“You have such a lovely voice ma’am” Rohan smiled a little broader smile as Abhimanyu eyed him.

“Thank you Dr. Rohan” Both Akshara and Abhimanyu thanked him together. He smiled at her and awkwardly at Abhimanyu before leaving them.

“Akshara Goenka it is. Music Therapist?” He asked turning to her.

“Yes, Doctor Sahab” She acknowledged his victorious smile.

“Your music really heals” He smiled, appreciating her work with Mr. Patel “I’m telling this out of experience” and winked whispering as she let out a little laugh

“You were my first attempt” She accepted that she tried to heal him at the ghaat the other day.

“You saw me? Did you know me? Why did you think I needed to be healed? Why did not you tell me earlier? How_” He started asking questions in a single breath as she cut in

“Woah! Breath doctor” She stopped him.

“I did not know you. Just I couldn’t take my eyes off your eyes. They were complex. So many emotions swirling inside. To be honest, you looked like a mess” She admitted.

“I came there to practice, which I did. When I was going, I saw a beautiful smile on your face. That night I had the happiest sleep in a while. So, I applied in this camp as therapist” They continued their talk having lunch.

“But I did not know you were a doctor yourself” She smiled.

“I did not expect to see you this soon” He accepted, smiling at the destiny.

“I did not expect to see you ever again” She teased making him chuckle.

“Destiny…” He picked up his white coat as they finished “So, we'll keep seeing each other…” as simple as it sounded but it tinkled both their hearts. He left happily to check other patients as she nodded.

The month went away rather hastily. They often smiled whenever crossed paths at the camp. Abhimanyu made it routine to visit Ghaat after wrapping up their days. She would rehearse, he would simply lie down there, listening to her. Sometimes they would just stare at the peaceful water. Sometimes would have busy team lunch at camp. They enjoyed each other’s presence. Though they talked less, music connected their hearts with a pure solace.

It was the last day of the camp. All the local doctors, nurses and other helpers had gathered to appreciate and show their gratitude to the team specially arrived for their camp. Everyone was in a jolly mood on the successful completion of their mission, except for one soul that unconsciously felt a little heavy on the thought of leaving.

He eyed Akshara playing guitar and smiled faintly at her singing, Dr. Rohan was playing drum on some random bench, few people clapping, few munching on the snacks and beverages served while a few others joined in dancing happily. What a nice way to bid goodbye!

That’s what he was afraid of now. Good bye.

He didn’t say much as the team took flight back to Delhi.

“Good bye Doctor” How easily she smiled, waving at him when they left. Was it that easy? he thought. Why it seemed difficult for him? He was not sure.

Akshara was little nervous will be an understatement. She was selected in the Semi-finals of “Dream High” singing competition organised by an NGO. Final rounds were to take place in Delhi and the winner will be awarded a good fortune with a singing contract with a reputed music band. The sponsored money would be given to hospitals and schools run by the NGO.

She being a free-lancer, had the liberty to try and opt at variety of places and do something for the needy. She just wanted to make the world a little more beautiful with her music. When she entered the venue, her eyes fell on the biggest board of the sponsors – Birla group of companies. She smiled thinking about him and went on to perform on the stage.

Flashes of her first glimpse of him at the ghaat revived inher memories. How his stone-cold face would melt in a heart-melting smile as he listened to music, brought smile on her face as well. He brought the clarity of what she wanted to do in future. She used to sing and play guitar as her passion. Meeting this guy, seeing his happiness whenever he listened to her, led her to decide music as her profession.

She was here not only on a noble cause but to mark her presence in the industry as well. She wanted to sing for people. She wanted to spread happiness. She wanted to become a reason for a smile of a person, even in pain. She had found her path. She sang today as a tribute to the one, who filled her heart with belonging and happiness. All the blissful time they spent in Udaipur flashed before her eyes, as she sang with all her heart.

Her happiness had no bound when she emerged as first runner up, as she did earn a little fortune and a jingle in an advertisement but when she reached the stage to receive her reward, she was surprised by the MD of the Birla group. Her sincerity and kindness did not go out of his notice. Dr. Anandwardhan Birla, had an experienced eye for talent as the peace and warmth in her voice won his heart.

“Today I find this the right time to announce, that we are opening a new department in our ‘Birla Hospital and Medical Institute’ called –“Music Therapy”” the entire auditorium cheered with a round of applause as he continued

“And I, as the MD of the Group would like to offer Ms. Akshara Goenka to be the first Music therapist of our hospital and help our patients to heal faster and in a little peaceful manner” He turned to Akshara at the end.

“Would you like to join us?” He asked with a genuine smile.

“That would be my pleasure more like a dream sir” She gleefully accepted the generosity in an instant. Everyone cheered and clapped on the news. Another new beginning had begun for her.

Akshara was standing at the reception lounge of Birla Hospital waiting for HR to call out her name.

When she was turning to the sitting area, her foot twisted as she lost her balance and the file in her hand dropped to the floor. She closed her eyes in anticipation but found a cold pair of hands strongly holding her waist, preventing the fall. She adjusted her hair back, thankful as a familiar voice made her look up to his face.

“Akshu?” Her eyes widened seeing him there, calling out name that only her family called lovingly.

“Abhi?” Well, cannot blame him only, right? But he smiled listening to name, only his family called.

“What are you doing here?” He chuckled asking back “Where else I would be than being at my family hospital where I am the senior heart surgeon!?” He added after her impressed looks.

“Why are you here?” He asked casually “Wait. Are you alright?” Suddenly worry crossed his face. “Why are you here, at the hospital?” He asked little urgently.

“Relax Doctor. I am here to complete the paperwork” She smiled excitedly forwarding her palm for handshake.

“I am the new Music therapist of The Birla hospital” She declared telling him all about competition and how she was offered a role hereby the MD himself.

“What!?” He asked surprised “Great. Means Tauji got convinced! Yess.” He started jumping and twirling her in happiness.

“Convinced?” She stopped him. “So, you… recommended me… tohim?” She asked unsure pointing finger at him then at her.

“No no no… Don’t get me wrong. I just suggested him the idea of having a music therapy department after our successful attempt at the Udaipur camp” He explained in a breath.

“But see. He found you of all people” He smiled proudly as she bowed elegantly.

“This is called destiny” He confirmed.

“May be. For now, it is temporary, they will decide as per response after 3 months.” She nodded.

“Now we will definitely see each other often” He whispered in her ears as she chuckled waving him goodbye.

Dr. Abhimanyu Birla loved his profession. He was living his passion. But an unknown happiness had filled his life since the day he saw Akshara for the first time. The heart surgeon was totally unaware of the feels his own heart was experiencing.

Akshara Goenka was not a professional artist till date, nor she knew which path she wanted to take. But her love and passion for music landed her here. Soft hearted person like her got easily mixed with people. But when she felt such a strong bond with Abhimanyu was surprising for her as well.

Their lives were going smooth with working in their passionate profession and with each other around. They understood each other before even asking.

After two months…

Panic was evident on the faces of nurses and doctors in Operation Theatre. Family and relatives of patient were in tears constantly praying for the one being operated inside. Dr. Rohan barged out of OT hurriedly bringing the required equipment. Akshara passed from there. She stopped Rohan briefly sensing the tension in the air.

“We can’t control his pressure. He is panicking”

Dr. Abhimanyu was trying hard to control the situation. The patient had stopped responding. His response was must, otherwise he would slip to coma or the worst die.

Amidst all the panic, Akshara tried what the best she could do from the outside to support them. She brought her guitar and started singing without asking.

“Ohhhh…. Ohhhhhohoh” Abhi looked up for a moment at the sudden voice.

“Oh Kanha, ab to murli ki… Madhur suna do taan…”

“Oh Kanha, ab to murli ki… Madhur suna do taan…”

Her words seemed to have impact as the patient breathed in a little. Abhimanyu inhaled with a renewed hope sparkling in his eyes.

“Hold on sir, please. Take deep breaths. Breathe. Sir please.” Abhi requested, signalling others to resume the operation as he started responding.

“Main hoon teri prem diwani…

Mujko tu pehchaan….

Madhur suna do taan…”

Akshara continued singing till the time Dr Abhimanyu came out informing them that the patient was out of danger.

A moment of relief swept across the corridor as Abhi just pulled Akshara into embrace without any thought.

“Thank you. Thank you” He could whisper that much to the stunned Akshara who just held him silently for a moment.

“You did it” She resonated tapping his back relieved as they inhaled getting apart.

Patients’ family surrounded Dr Abhimanyu for further enquiry when Akshara slipped from there trying to control her heart beating fast. She was happy that she could be of help. She knew, the hug was out of gratitude only. But the butterflies flying inside her stomach made her confuse.

“Goodbye Doctor” She waved sweetly in the night as they parted ways to retire to home.

“See you in the morning Akshu” Abhimanyu stood there watching her go.

“Your goodbyes will kill me someday” He sighed dragging himself out of the hospital.

Though few people thought music therapy is no medical science, it can not save people. Healing and all are just excuses. You cannot call yourself comparable to a doctor just because you work at the hospital. Akshara had to face many obstacles to mark music and herself worthy in the hospital. Her probation period was about to end. Three-month just flew by.

Akshara did not know she would get attached to a place in such a short span of time. Yes, she got attached to all of them. The atmosphere, her cause, her need, her patients, her colleagues, Abhimanyu. Dr. Abhimanyu Birla. The name itself was intimidating. But she felt him cute. Time spent with him were the most memorable time there. She would just sit there staring at him work. Mornings with his charming smile, kick started the perfect day for her.

“So, you said you are grateful” Abhimanyu asked her as they walked down together.

“Yes, I would have never known, that I could spread happiness I receive with the music I love” She smiled.

“And, you think you are done, even before starting full-fledged?” He questioned her idea of staying prepared for the worst.

“Tomorrow is the D-day. Whether the management wants to make department or me permanent” She reasoned as he scoffed looking away “I will accept whatever is their decision”

“So, you mean you will leave without a fight?” He asked sharply.

“I will leave hospital at the max, I will not leave music” She shrugged as he seemed more anxious than her.

“You can never leave” He was adamant.

“Alright. Gear up your mood and wish me luck” She said cutely.

“Hmm.” He just nodded forcing a smile. He hated to leave her and wait alone for the morning to come.

She waved him as he dreaded this could be the last goodbye.

“Congratulations Ms. Akshara”

“Good job ma’am”

“Well done Akshara” Everyone cheered congratulating Akshara Goenka as the head of the permanent music therapy department of the hospital.

She jumped elated as the News arrived in the evening when she was about to call it a day. She rushed to find the first person that came to her mind. She ran through his cabin, operation theatre, wards, reception, he was nowhere to be found.

He waited at the junction, a parting area from where they took different paths to their stays, praying. She stopped seeing him there and nodded at his expectant eyes. She jumped excited as he lifted her up, twirling in happiness. After walking side by side for a few minutes, Akshara thought her loud heart beat will be heard by him even from the feet apart.

“Good bye Abhi, see you tomorrow” She finally spoke as it was the time to return home.

“Say it for the last time” He stopped her from the wrist with the sudden words.

“Can’t our paths lead to same home?” their eyes sparkled as he asked aloud what he had asked in his mind for n number of times.

“Akshu, I want to spend so so many beautiful moments with you” He stopped holding her hand lightly but firmly. “I want to hug you not only when I feel low, I want to listen you singing whenever I need to calm down, I want those morning smiles to kick start my days, I want to have not just team lunches but family dinners with you, I want to sleep on your lap to relax after a long hectic day, I want to take care of you, not only now but forever… I can go on and on and on… for what I want to…” He sniffled his happy, anticipating tears, smiling as sweet as possible as she held back his hand.

“Can’t you be my today and forever?”

“I guess, I knew what you feel, I just needed your confirmation”

She smiled as he voiced her feels and simply stepped forward, wrapping her arms around him. She couldn’t have answered him better. She laughed as he said

“Stay prepared, I’ll never let you go. This will be our last goodbye”

He grinned engulfing her in a tight bear hug as their smiles reached their eyes. Even happiness smiled in the new beginnings.

So, how is it?

Please like and share your views. Your efforts are highly appreciated.

Thank you for reading.

MaDiee 😳

Loved it ....plz post more on abhira

Originally posted by sunny842011

Loved it ....plz post more on abhira

Thank you so much.

Will try to write more on them.