Nandini_goyal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 months ago

Disclaimer: not trying to make a hate post for any actor 

Sometimes we appreciate an actor’s work and wish to meet them, we have a certain outlook towards them before and after such meet. Has anyone of you met any actor? Please share experience. 

P.S. my experience will be in the next post 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nandini_goyal thumbnail

I have met a few actors and artists and this is my before and after I met them. 

Amitabh Bachchan: He was the first ever actor I had met, the image I had of him before meeting him was of how he is Mohabatein and K3G. 
But when I had met him, he was super nice, I was a child in the crowd and I was pushed and had fallen down, he had picked me up and checked if I were okay and had signed an autograph for me. 

Salman Khan: I didn’t have a good image of him because of all the cases against him and he was really a snob to the crowd that had visited the sets of his movie. 
The only people he was nice to were the people with certain authority (city’s DM)

Manoj Pahwa: I didn’t have any thoughts about him, but he was the most humble actor on the sets of “London Dreams”

Kajol: I had thought that she would be a sweet person but she was a total snob. 

Ajay Devgan: I had no thoughts about him but he was really nice. 

The incidence was that we were in a hotel in Shimla and there the couple was staying. So the kids in the hotel had tried to get an autograph, Kajol had been really rude to us and walked inside the room. Next moment we saw Ajay coming out and had apologised to all the kids

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Salman Khan  - I met him when he was shooting a song at Sanpada railway station. I might have been 13 or 14 at the time. Our neighbor was an officer in CIDCO, so he and his wife took some kids from the building to see Salman. We were backstage where Salman Khan and his costars Atul Agnihotri and Pooja Dadwal would come between takes. Salman was super sweet. He took tons of photos with us, signed autographs, and chatted with us. I was always an SRK girl, but I also started liking Salman after this.

Marc Maron and Margaret Cho - They actually stayed back and chatted with the crowds at  their comedy specials I have been to

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Nandini_goyal

I have met a few actors and artists and this is my before and after I met them. 

Amitabh Bachchan: He was the first ever actor I had met, the image I had of him before meeting him was of how he is Mohabatein and K3G. 
But when I had met him, he was super nice, I was a child in the crowd and I was pushed and had fallen down, he had picked me up and checked if I were okay and had signed an autograph for me. 

Salman Khan: I didn’t have a good image of him because of all the cases against him and he was really a snob to the crowd that had visited the sets of his movie. 
The only people he was nice to were the people with certain authority (city’s DM)

Manoj Pahwa: I didn’t have any thoughts about him, but he was the most humble actor on the sets of “London Dreams”

Kajol: I had thought that she would be a sweet person but she was a total snob. 

Ajay Devgan: I had no thoughts about him but he was really nice. 

The incidence was that we were in a hotel in Shimla and there the couple was staying. So the kids in the hotel had tried to get an autograph, Kajol had been really rude to us and walked inside the room. Next moment we saw Ajay coming out and had apologised to all the kids

Not one fan encounter I have read about Kajol has ever been positive or good. They all mentioned what a snob she was! Ajay bechara raita saaf karta rehta hai. The so called celeb I have seen in personal is Shabana Azmi and the place we were at, nobody seemed to give a f*ck about her there, of course except for the authorities, and that’s how it should be. There was this TV actress at my uncle’s party but nobody got to interact with her much since she was on stage, tab muje pata chala tha first time ki ye log paiso ke liye strangers ki parties me bhi chale jate hain 😆 There was this other incident where this actress Bhumika Chawla( Tere Naam fame) was with us at a public washroom on Mumbai airport, but nobody recognised her at that time as well. And yeah well Shatrughan Sinha was at a cousin’s reception too, and no he didn’t come for money 😆 So these are the only few popular people I have seen, and no I didn’t attempt to interact with any of them so I don’t exactly have any experiences to tell😆

Edited by infinity101 - 11 months ago
MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

BigB - he had come to my school because our principal had arranged for a celebration of Harivanshrai Bachchan's poetry.  Years later, saw him in Crossword Book store - absolutely amazing personality.  He has this larger than aura and was very very polite and a good conversationalist

John A - Again in the book store - most book launches and events at one point used to happen in Crossword..so it was common to spot a celebrity there..too beefed up for my taste..but friendly

Abhishek B - looks far better in real life..and incredibly nice human being..he was shooting for a scene of Bluffmaster in my area..PC never came out to interact with anyone..Ritesh - nobody cared about back then..but Abhi was very popular, since it was right after Bunty aur Babli I think and we all went to see him..gave us autographs - just like his father - very polite and extremely decent!

Salman and Ranbir - there was a huge parade on 26 January one of the years in Mumbai and all the celebrities were in vintage cars I think..Salman looks incredible for real honestly - the man shines! Believe me noone was even bothered about RK - and he looks very much like a boy next door..has incredible screen presence but very ordinary when you see him for real..but he is a nice chap, very sweet with his fans, my best friend was nuts after him..and she used to work for zoom so had very nice things to say about him! Wake up sid was shot in my college..had seen him smoking a few times on the terrace.

Rani and Vivek - during Saathiya shoot..Vivek was quite a smart looking guy too..loads of attitude though..and back then nobody knew who he was, except that he was Suresh Oberoi's son..Rani - blaah - she smokes like a chimney and bad attitude as well.

Vidya Balan - after Hey Baby I think - her sparkling eyes and her smile - stunning! she had a great figure back then..and was very vivacious and chatty! 

Shahid and Anushka - Badmaash Company - Blaah! Both had tons of attitude and were just total put offs..Shahid was too bulked up back then..his biceps were too big for his height and face..like him better now..Anushka - bogus it was beneath her to step out for autographs..and she was behaving like we were all insects.

Aamir - again came to my college because Junaid studied there - very short - but also very pink ...quite unassuming..he used to study in NM college for a brief period..so had some interesting anecdotes to share..because it was a rival college to mine😆

Suniel Shetty at a domestic airport - very smart and extremely fit! Good persona

Bobby Deol around Dostana time I think - he was very very good looking - truth be told - the best looking actor I have seen from BW..again another case of where pictures dont do justice to the man..

Mahira - saw her in UK..man the woman is stunning!!! Like her pictures dont do any justice to her and she is TALLLL!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Missed opportunity - Aish, she had come to inaugurate some book with Anupam Kher and I literally missed by a whisker..got to see Anupam Kher instead😆 heard there was massive stampede to see Aish..not surprised..my sister got to see her..but she was miffed, because Aish's bodyguard pushed the crowd and she couldnt get the picture lol

Edited by MaxMayfield - 11 months ago
Nandini_goyal thumbnail

Originally posted by: infinity101

Not one fan encounter I have read about Kajol has ever been positive or good. They all mentioned what a snob she was! Ajay bechara raita saaf karta rehta hai. The so called celeb I have seen in personal is Shabana Azmi and the place we were at, nobody seemed to give a f*ck about her there, of course except for the authorities, and that’s how it should be. There was this TV actress at my uncle’s party but nobody got to interact with her much since she was on stage, tab muje pata chala tha first time ki ye log paiso ke liye strangers ki parties me bhi chale jate hain 😆 There was this other incident where this actress Bhumika Chawla( Tere Naam fame) was with us at a public washroom on Mumbai airport, but nobody recognised her at that time as well. And yeah well Shatrughan Sinha was at a cousin’s reception too, and no he didn’t come for money 😆 So these are the only few popular people I have seen, and no I didn’t attempt to interact with any of them so I don’t exactly have any experiences to tell😆

it’s actually better to not go interact with them… my uncle was producing this movie with Varun Sharma, Hardy Sandhu and others, and all my younger cousins were so thrilled to meet them…. My  cousin (who is my age) and I were the only people who didn’t approach them. 

But honestly, Varun Sharma is actually really sweet… he is genuinely happy when interacting with crowds and building one on one connections. 

Also, though the movie was a flop, it was debut movie for Hardy Sandhu and so he has that respect for my uncle, and he shows that by coming to every event in my family. 

Nandini_goyal thumbnail
Originally posted by: MaxMayfield

BigB - he had come to my school because our principal had arranged for a celebration of Harivanshrai Bachchan's poetry.  Years later, saw him in Crossword Book store - absolutely amazing personality.  He has this larger than aura and was very very polite and a good conversationalist

John A - Again in the book store - most book launches and events at one point used to happen in Crossword..so it was common to spot a celebrity there..too beefed up for my taste..but friendly

Abhishek B - looks far better in real life..and incredibly nice human being..he was shooting for a scene of Bluffmaster in my area..PC never came out to interact with anyone..Ritesh - nobody cared about back then..but Abhi was very popular, since it was right after Bunty aur Babli I think and we all went to see him..gave us autographs - just like his father - very polite and extremely decent!

Salman and Ranbir - there was a huge parade on 26 January one of the years in Mumbai and all the celebrities were in vintage cars I think..Salman looks incredible for real honestly - the man shines! Believe me noone was even bothered about RK - and he looks very much like a boy next door..has incredible screen presence but very ordinary when you see him for real..but he is a nice chap, very sweet with his fans, my best friend was nuts after him..and she used to work for zoom so had very nice things to say about him! Wake up sid was shot in my college..had seen him smoking a few times on the terrace.

Rani and Vivek - during Saathiya shoot..Vivek was quite a smart looking guy too..loads of attitude though..and back then nobody knew who he was, except that he was Suresh Oberoi's son..Rani - blaah - she smokes like a chimney and bad attitude as well.

Vidya Balan - after Hey Baby I think - her sparkling eyes and her smile - stunning! she had a great figure back then..and was very vivacious and chatty! 

Shahid and Anushka - Badmaash Company - Blaah! Both had tons of attitude and were just total put offs..Shahid was too bulked up back then..his biceps were too big for his height and face..like him better now..Anushka - bogus it was beneath her to step out for autographs..and she was behaving like we were all insects.

Aamir - again came to my college because Junaid studied there - very short - but also very pink ...quite unassuming..he used to study in NM college for a brief period..so had some interesting anecdotes to share..because it was a rival college to mine😆

Suniel Shetty at a domestic airport - very smart and extremely fit! Good persona

Bobby Deol around Dostana time I think - he was very very good looking - truth be told - the best looking actor I have seen from BW..again another case of where pictures dont do justice to the man..

Mahira - saw her in UK..man the woman is stunning!!! Like her pictures dont do any justice to her and she is TALLLL!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Missed opportunity - Aish, she had come to inaugurate some book with Anupam Kher and I literally missed by a whisker..got to see Anupam Kher instead😆 heard there was massive stampede to see Aish..not surprised..my sister got to see her..but she was miffed, because Aish's bodyguard pushed the crowd and she couldnt get the picture lol

it was great reading all your experiences. What I derive from here is, apne kaam se kaam karo and just appreciate their skills for choosing the roles and they do. 

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Are we talking about sightings or meetings? 

Nandini_goyal thumbnail
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Are we talking about sightings or meetings? 

meeting… interactions, something even as small as asking for a selfie or autograph… Basically, we seek them on screens and make a perception of them, did they actually turn out to be what you had perceived of them 

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Ash, SRK, the whole Bachchan family- I loved B Jr! This 1 time I met Ash she was very aloof, arrogant, must’ve been in a bad mood, idk why since she was at a wedding but she hardly interacted & gave  tight smiles. The other times I’ve met her she’s been all smiles & very nice so must’ve been an one-off.

B Jr once before when he was just an Uni student, must’ve been very young, much before his debut. There was this exclusive shopping area where he, Jaya B & Shweta B were shopping, we were window shopping 😆 and there was a large crowd that had gathered around them. He was so kind & nice to everyone esp the little kids! Love him. ❤️

And if Shweta Bachchan & Mira Kapoor count as celebrities, them too. Shweta was extremely polite & charming, albeit guarded. Mira was as expected, extremely arrogant & horrid. 😆 Idk why seeing how I know people who are friends with her & that’s how I met her, more like bumped into her, but she truly believes SHE is the star! Not her husband. 😆😆

These are the nice ones (barring Mira) the other ones let’s not talk about, LOL. 

Edited by Mallika-E-Bhais - 11 months ago