Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

PS Mumbai Premiere where were the Bachchans?

JodhaBai thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 months ago

Ignore this is there's something I don't know and he did attend or he's been sick so couldn't attend but ...I was looking at photos for the Mumbai screening and where was AB SR?  He couldn't go support his daughter in law who has a huge movie out?     

Abhishek attended the screening in the South but you would hope her family would support her in Mumbai

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: JodhaBai

Ignore this is there's something I don't know and he did attend or he's been sick so couldn't attend but ...I was looking at photos for the Mumbai screening and where was AB SR?  He couldn't go support his daughter in law who has a huge movie out?     

Abhishek attended the screening in the South but you would hope her family would support her in Mumbai

AB Sr.is not going out for sometime now. He is an old man now. Unko baksho ab🙏🏻

JodhaBai thumbnail
Originally posted by: loginidran

AB Sr.is not going out for sometime now. He is an old man now. Unko baksho ab🙏🏻

Ah ok. I thought I hadn't seen him for awhile. 

atominis thumbnail

He is 80 plus. I think we should cut him some slack.

He is active doing ads or KBC but it does not mean he can attend all events in town.

IDK why only Bachchans are expected to attend events of son or DIL.

Does Dharam attend all events of Deol films? No.

Why he is not judged the way Bachchans are? Does Sharmila attend events of Bebo's films? Or even Sara's films?

JodhaBai thumbnail
Originally posted by: atominis

He is 80 plus. I think we should cut him some slack.

He is active doing ads or KBC but it does not mean he can attend all events in town.

IDK why only Bachchans are expected to attend events of son or DIL.

Does Dharam attend all events of Deol films? No.

Why he is not judged the way Bachchans are? Does Sharmila attend events of Bebo's films? Or even Sara's films?

Not every event but this is a big movie for Ash it would have been nice to see some family support 

MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Amitabh injured his ribs during filming of Project K in March and has been resting and away from public glare ever since. The only time he was spotted in public recently was when Pam Chopra passed away n given how close the families were it is only understood why he would have wanted to be at the Chopra residence. Jaya Bachchan has not attended any film screenings in a long time and Karan once joked how no one calls her these days as she's brutally honest and people who invite her are not ready for the truth. It could also be them not having interest in watching it. I didn't spot Aishwarya's mom and brother's family at the screening does not mean they don't love or respect her same with the Bachchans.

atominis thumbnail

Abhishek was there and it was enough.

I have never seen Saif, Sharmila, Soha etc at every launch l, event, premiere of Kareena's projects nor Amrita or Saif always there for Sara's films or Anil, Arjun, Sanjay, Rhea are for Sonam's films or Twinkle, Dimple for Akki's films or Rakesh Roshan for Hrithik's films.

These are middle aged guys. Established stars now. I do not think Ash always needs family support. 

Bachchans are being nitpicked way too much.

I also think it is good Jaya does not come. She is regressive and creates drama anyway.  Remember she walked out of Dhoom 2, Jodha Akbar screenings and disliked ADHM as she could not take intimate scenes of Ash with male co stars?

Ash is better off without Jaya seeing her films.

Her mom, bhabhi and brother also do not come. So?

Amitabh is old and probably sick or injured. I do not think he always needs to be there and he too is regressive sort. I heard he had issues with ADHM too. Why need him? He only supported Robot for sake of his friend Rajinikanth.

I am fine with Ash not being serenaded by in laws all time and breaking free from their shadow. Her hubby came and that is enough.

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Unka mann nahi tha toh nahi gaye!😆

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

Amitabh and Mani Ratnam do not get along well after that silly tweet Amitabh made about Raavan

StarkGirl93 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

I think we can excuse ABSnr the man is like 80 and can only be expected to do so much especially since he’s doing movies and brand shoots.

But the overall family usually being absent for Aish’s events especially when they’ve put up a United front in the past does raise eyebrows. The whole vibe at Shweta’s brand/clothing launch was pretty telling. It might not all be smooth sailing behind the scenes.