||ShiVi OS - A Wrinkle in Time||

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 months ago

Hello everyone, 

I know I have quite a few updates pending but I found out that Shiva still hasn’t regained his memory in the show and he is stuck 8 years ago (I’ve stopped watching the show so I only get tidbits of information from here and there when I want to) and that is, in the most civilized manner that I can say it, such bull crap! 

So this idea formed in my head and I couldn’t rest till I had typed it all out. I ended up spending my afternoon writing this instead of doing something more productive with my time.

Anyways, here goes nothing! 

Neet

||ShiVi OS - A Wrinkle in Time||

There was utter chaos everywhere he turned. People were running for their lives. And they should be. The Pandit had poured what looked like regular ghee into the havan for Krish and Prerna’s wedding, but the fire exploded and the stage, the venue, all of it caught on fire. Shiva had immediately reached for his mother’s wheelchair, rolling her away from the venue to safety. He spotted Gaumbi, Krish, Prerna, her parents and the kids making it out safely and heaved a sigh of relief. 

“Maarkundi,” Suman suddenly cried out. Shiva turned to look at her questioningly. “Woh.. maine.. Maine usse andar bheja tha. Prerna ka haar laane ke liye thaaki usse main woh haar pheron ke baad pehna sakoon. Woh kahin dikh nahi rahi,” Suman said, her eyes anxiously scanning the crowds for Raavi. Shiva looked around. There was no sign of the Chipkali anywhere. Had she not made it out? A deep panic settled in the center of his chest as he desperately searched for Dev. Surely Dev would have kept her safe. Darn that Chipkali! He thought, finding himself fighting down panic. She attracted trouble wherever she went. 

As he continued to look amongst the people gathered outside for Raavi, Dev walked out of the fire carrying a girl. Thank goodness, Shiva thought, running towards Dev. The Chipkali was safe. 

As he got nearer to Dev though he realized that the girl Dev was cradling in his arms like he was holding his whole world wasn’t the Chipkali. It was that Rishita. Dev did have a moral responsibility to protect his friend’s wife, Shiva reasoned in his head but he was thunderstruck when Dev set Rishita down and she hugged Dev tightly, crying. Dev was in tears too, wiping the soot away from Rishita’s face, constantly asking her if she was okay and placing kisses all over her face. 

“Tum theek ho? Main kitna darr gayi thi, Dev! Tumhe kuch ho jaata tho?” Rishita asked, kissing his forehead, clinging onto him tightly. “Aur tumhe kuch ho jaata tho? Mera kya hota? Main kaise jeeta? Aur hamare bachche.. Unka kya hota?” Neither seemed in the least bit awkward or uncomfortable by this open display of affection that seemed beyond what would be considered normal. None of the family members seemed to object either that their son was hugging and kissing his friend’s wife when his own wife was missing. 

Shiva went up to Dev and placed a hand on his shoulder. Dev looked over, still holding Rishita tight, momentarily forgetting about Shiva’s condition after the near death experience Rishita and he had had. “Chipkali.. Matlab.. Raavi kahan hai Dev?” Shiva asked urgently, chaos and confusion starting to cloud his mind as he tried to make sense of all that was happening around him. “Raavi? Mujhe nahi patha. Main tho Rishita ko lene andar gaya tha,” Dev replied. “Raavi bahar nahi aayi kya?” He looked around as did the rest of the family but there was no sign of her. 

Shiva’s heart began to gallop in full speed in his chest. Without pausing to think, he ran right back into the fire. His only thought was to get the Chipkali out of there safely. Somewhere in the background he heard muted voices asking him to stop and not go into the fire but he could care less. 

“RAAVIIIIII,” he shouted her name as loud as he could the moment he stepped in. There were huge columns of flames all around him with no exit in sight. “RAAAAVVVVIIIIIIII,” he tried again. He dodged a flaming wooden beam just in time before it hit him on the head. Shiva tried to remember the layout of the hall. Maa had said she’d sent the Chipkali to the room to get a necklace. The rooms were on the far end. Running, skipping, jumping and dodging the raging fire in his way, unmindful of the heat searing through him, he made it to the opposite end of the hall. There was a door on fire. He kicked it in, hoping and praying that the Chipkali wasn’t right behind it. The cuff of his pyjama caught on fire and he swatted at it carelessly with his hand, burning his hand in the process. But he had no time to feel the pain. 

Smoke billowed into the room from the hall and Shiva coughed. Waving his hands in front of him to be able to see through the smoke in the room, his eyes spotted something icy blue and shiny on the floor. As he drew closer, he realized it was the Chipkali.. Lying motionless on the floor.

“RAAVI!” He screamed so loud he was sure even the dead would awaken but Raavi did not even stir. He ran to her, took her cold hands in his and started rubbing them. A flash of a memory sprinted across his mind. Another door, another scream for Raavi and he was rubbing her cold hands again, desperately waiting for her to open her eyes. He did not give himself time to ponder on that more. He was about to scoop her up in his arms, when a pillar crashed onto his back out of nowhere and he was stuck underneath it, sprawled all over Raavi. 

He let out a grunt and tried to get up but the pain was too much right now. His eyes fell on Raavi’s soot covered face lying motionless beneath him. “Ay Chipkali! Uth! Uth na! Dekh! Dekh! Hum bahar niklenge yahan se.. Kuch nahi hoga. Sab log aate hi honge,” he said, desperately patting her cheeks to wake her up. Another memory flashed before his eyes. It was the Chipkali and him again. She was unconscious beneath him and he had a searing, crushing pain on his back that made it impossible for him to get up off her. Her eyes were closed. She was maybe mumbling something but he couldn’t hear. He was saying the same thing, “Ay Chipkali! Uth! Kuch nahi hoga. Sab log aate hi honge.” He was patting her cheeks then too. He felt the onset of a telltale headache. What were these visions? Had this happened to them before? His mind was caught in a vortex again. He forcefully shook his head to keep the memories and the headache at bay and pushed with all his might to move the pillar off him. 

Barely managing to stand his feet himself, he picked Raavi up and tossed her over his shoulder. And the image became clearer. She was in an orange and pink saree, he was in a blue kurta. He was holding a kalash of some sort with one hand and carrying her with the other. It seemed like there was a storm going on. Everything around them was crumbling. His mind went into rewind mode. He saw himself, telling Raavi that even if his brothers did not come, he wouldn’t have abandoned her. He would have come back to save her. Then it was him standing next to Raavi, both holding the kalash as they did some pooja together. 

With each step that Shiva took, a new memory popped up. The touch of her pinky finger as she hesitantly held onto the cuff of his sherwani. The feel of the water droplets from her freshly washed hair on his face. The absolute enchantment he had felt seeing her on the day of their reception. One after the other, the memories came flooding in. Their fights, their divorce, their second wedding, that brief period of time when they had been happy and content starting their life together as husband and wife. The quarrels, the misunderstandings, the pain and angst they’d been through over and over and over again. 

He tripped over something but steadied himself just in time, shifting Raavi so she was now cradled in his arms. He looked at her face and an overwhelming, overpowering tide of love washed through every fiber of his being. They had been through so much to be together. How could he have forgotten all that? 

His head felt like it was going to split down the middle but he forced himself to remember more. Swetha, Chiku, Krish, Chutki.. All of those memories rolled in too. The years that the Chipkali had spent single handedly taking care of him and Mithoo. Mithoo! Their son! Try as he might, he couldn’t recollect Mithoo’s birth or him as an infant. But Mithoo was their son - Raavi’s and his. A symbol of their love!! 

He stumbled again as the realization felt like a sucker punch to his gut. Thankfully, he was just at the threshold. He handed Raavi over to Gaumbi before blacking out and collapsing into a heap on the floor.

Shiva woke up to the piercing bright white light of his hospital room. He didn’t have to look twice to know it was a hospital room. He had been in and out of hospitals quite a lot in the last 7 years. 

7 years! 

7 years that the Chipkali had selflessly devoted herself to him and their son even when he remembered nothing. 

“Raavi,” his throat felt like sandpaper but he forced the words out. A petite, warm hand slipped into his left hand. “Shiva,” her voice sounded hoarse but Shiva knew it was her. He turned to look at her, sitting by his bedside. The soot had been cleaned off her face. She was wearing a hospital gown and had beside her, what looked like an oxygen cylinder. 

“Tu theek hai?” he asked. She nodded her head, her eyes brimming with tears. Her other hand reached out to touch his face and then as if suddenly remembering something, she stopped and withdrew her hand. “Woh.. Woh.. Tu ne.. Mujhe bachaya.. Maa ne kaha.. Thank you..” She said rather politely and formally. Shiva kept staring at her and Raavi looked away so he wouldn’t see the tears in her eyes. 

Her heart broke into a million pieces to see Shiva like this. All she wanted to do was hug him and hold him to reassure herself that he was there and he was fine. She wanted him to hold her close as she sobbed to her heart’s content. But she couldn’t do anything of that sort. Even if it meant another lifetime of heartache for her, she couldn’t take that risk with Shiva’s health. 

She was taken by surprise when Shiva lifted his arm to place it under her chin and turn her towards him. There was something strange in the way he was looking at her. It almost felt like, it felt like he remembered her. 

“I am sorry, Raavi,” he said, softly. 

“Tere sar pe zyada chot lagi hai kya, Bhootnath? Tu.. aur mujhe sorry bol raha hai? Waise tho bachpan se lekar aaj tak tu ne aisa bahut kuch kiya hai jiske liye tujhe mujhse maafi maangni chahiye,” she tried really hard to bring that enthusiasm from the Raavi of yesteryears on her face and in her face, “lekin abhi sorry kyun?”

“Humme bhulne ke liye,” he said. 

Raavi looked at him shocked. 

“Yeh bhoolne ke liye ki tu woh Chipkali hai jisse maine do do baar shaadi ki. Jisne mere har kaminepan, har galat ilzaam ke bavajood mujhse  sirf pyar kiya. Jiske pyaar mein yeh Gunda Shiva Pandya Shayar Shiva Pandya ban gaya.”

A single tear rolled down her cheek and she waited with bated breath to know how much he actually remembered. 

“Yeh bhoolne ke liye ki kismat aur meri bewakoofiyon se baar baar ladkar hum saath aayein hain. Yeh bhoolne ke liye ki hamari shaadi ke inn nau saalon mein, maine tujhe dard aur takleef ke siva kuch nahi diya.”

When he mentioned 9 years of their marriage, Raavi forcefully breathed air into her lungs past the huge lump in her throat. He remembered. He remembered everything. 

“Galat,” she said, sniffling.

Shiva looked at her waiting for her to explain. 

“Tu ne galat kaha ki inn nau saalon mein tu ne mujhe sirf dard aur takleef ke siva kuch nahi diya,” she said, her hand coming up to cup his cheek and she lowered her forehead to meet his. “Tu ne mujhe hamara Mithoo diya hai,” she said, before burying her head into the crook of his neck and crying her heart out. 

Shiva kissed the top of her head and ran his fingers through her hair in an effort to soothe her but her frame racked with sobs.

“Sun, yeh rona dhona theek hai, lekin iss chakkar mein agar teri naak behne lage tho mere upar math ponchna,” he said seriously. 

Raavi got up and stared at him. His eyes twinkled with mischief as he winked at her. “Ab tho tere upar hi ponchungi,” she huffed as she rubbed her nose against the sleeve of his hospital gown. Then they both burst out laughing before Shiva scooted to have Raavi lie next to him on the bed, immediately engulfing her in his arms. 

“Will you ever be able to forgive me?” Shiva asked, solemnly.

“Forgive you for what? None of what happened was your fault,” she replied, smoothing the hair off his face. 

“But these 7 years..” he started to say but she shook her head, interrupting him. 

“That was just a wrinkle in time,” she said, cuddling closer to him.

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

This show is the worst, i hate them for sidelining shivi and wasting their potential😭😭😭😭😭 

This OS is so so beautiful 😭😭😭😭❤️❤️❤️

Such beautiful OS.

We will never get to witness Shivi beautiful reunion in the show because of course PS revolves around only one person so thank you for writing this piece.

Loved how Shiva’s memory came back with Khandar Kaand to his journey to date and there is only person in his memory, Raavi and mmy favourite part is where Shiva is asking Raavi for forgiveness 

Great one. 

Even though I dont watch the show anymore I love your work 

How Beautiful and Dreamy this is. Loved it.. ❤️
Is it too much to ask for an epilogue ? 😳

The reunion and closure we all deserved! Absolutely loved how he recollect everything under similar circumstances, oof like a fairytale, so typical ITV! 

Love this so much, Neet! 💕

Edited by sillysatchel - 11 months ago

Loved it, Raavi is going through so much.

Shiva getting little flashbacks while saving her and the way you described minor details that came back to his memory was great.

They deserve this reunion ❤️

Posted: 10 months ago

I stopped watching PS and coming to this forum because of the absolute atrocity the writers have made out of our beloved show. I wish I could have felt that old magic again. 

Thank you for letting us have a glimpse of the old Shivi, the Shivi we used to love.❤