Drama: Katha Ankahee

Based on: Binbir Gece (Turkish dizi) - translates as '1001 Nights'

To learn about the literature classic that inspired the dizigo to post here 

To discuss other versions: Turkish / Arabic, go to thread here

For spoilers from BTS and upcoming clips: go to thread here

For VMsgo to thread here

For TRP discussiongo to thread here

Main Leads: Aditi Sharma, Adnan Khan

Other cast members: Samar Vermani, Ajinkya Mishra, Bidisha Ghosh Sharma, Reeta Prajapati, Vishal Gandhi, Vinay Rohrra, Gireesh Sahdev, Jyoti Gauba, Vishal Malhotra, Jasveenn Kaur, Himanshu Manek, Priyamvada Singh, Priti Narnaware, Preeti Amin 

Channel & Runtime: Sony / SonyLiv, 8.30 PM

List of characters:

Viaan Raghuwanshi (ML)

Ehsan: Viaan's friend

Tejji: Viaan's mom

Farah: Ehsan's mom

Katha Singh (FL)

Aarav Singh: Katha's son

Neerja: Aarav's donor

Kailesh Garewal: Adity's father and Katha's father-in-law

Kavita Garewal: Aditya's mother and Katha's mother-in-law

Yuvraj Garewal: Aditya's brother

Meet Garewal: Yuvraj's wife

New characters:

Vanya Dutta: new joinee

Seema Dutta: Vanya's mother

Minor / recurring characters:

Jenny: Viaan's secretary

Jeetu Bhai: senior colleague in office, started working under Viaan's dad

Keith: Viaan's friend from school

Arna, Kiara and cute baby -- Aarav's cousins

Aditya Garewal: Katha's husband who died

Anirudh Verma: Pyramid CEO / competitor

Characters we no longer see:

Meera, Reewa: colleagues / Earthcon employees

Falguni Ben: Katha's neighbour and support

Lollipop: pet dog

Abdali: Dubai heritage project company CEO

Viraj Raghuwanshi: Viaan's (late) dad

Salman Contractor: Ehsaan's (late) dad

Edited by mango.falooda - 11 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 months ago

Katha Ankahee Online | Sony-TV Serial

To read fan fiction by forum members:

SS: The night that changed everything -- adsh

FF : One Thousand And One Nights -- meerkat

FF: In another world: where Viaan didn't ask for one night stand -- Twilighht

FF: In another world: kaali raat - anupreeya

OS:  Raat akeli hai -- columbia (for mature audience only)

FF: Ab nahi - ratika89

mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: kushikumari

Riti, he not only replaced the battery in the watch, he also replaced the strap. White is boring, so katha got her watch back with a green strap ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ so it was most urgent that he give her the now nicely boxed watch. She of course did not notice the color change ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ what a bummer. 
But never mind, he is on a mission now. Find the original drawing. Tra La La La La. He has some work now. And plenty to dream.

it was boring watch, maybe that is why? ๐Ÿ˜†

for someone with money, why not go buy a classic like titan. 

Titan Raga Delight Analog Watch - For Women - Buy Titan Raga Delight Analog Watch - For Women 95200WM01 Online at Best Prices in India | Flipkart.com

at least her wardrobe will be little less boring.... and she would have noticed it then. ๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by mango.falooda - 12 months ago
Shimokatha thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Guys i have no experience with the threads being locked so i have restarted my mobile when i have unability to quote some posts ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Until i realized the post of mango saying it will be locked 

I can't stop laughing so hard ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ™ˆ

sowmya2407 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Nto8

One thing I don't understand here is.. how can time and again repeating "I love you but I will maintain a distance, I will wait for you" be instrumental of patience that he's boastfully talking about to ehsan (and Katha for that matter)

I agree that writers may be want to depict love in "secretive glances", smiling on seeing her, but the moment he vocalises those feelings, it's game over for me.

Ideally he should be maintaining maximum distance, physically and verbally. Let the distance make Katha realise that he really values what she wants of him. Let her realise that he's ready to suppress his "overwhelming gush of feelings" just to make her feel more comfortable and secure. Wouldn't that be beautiful on Viaan's part? Not just that, wouldn't that set before the audience a good example of what a gentleman should be like? 

There are so many things that they can do with Viaan's character specially after having him redeemed so well but the writers instead choose to make him a teenager unable to control his hormones which has been repeated on ITV so many times. 

@bold : As I mentioned it before he only said it once and that too just to be clear on his perspective in front of Katha.... After that all the conversation on this topic was started by Katha only and he was just being honest. For example, in today's epi also he was just there to give her the watch and wasn't bothering her at all... it was her who raised the topic again... And he just stated his feelings on the matter and left.... 

Katha already has a good opinion on Viaan at the point he confessed his love... She completely understood him much better than his own mother as per Shamita track....

And the state Katha is in right now she wouldn't ever have been able to guess his feelings for her if he didn't say it explicitly or if he maintained his distance.... She wouldn't even consider thinking about him and even if she had she would just push it away out of her guilt or convincing herself that he doesn't feel for her that way....

I believe she needed his complete honesty... Even with that she is fighting it alot and Will continue to resist even more in the future.....

I believe the scenarios you mentioned for Viaan's characterisation would have worked if Katha was open to new relationships which she wasn't. She closed herself upto all the possibilities of a new man entering her life... As we saw in the yesterday's epi....And would never ever consider anyone without a small push.... That push came in the form of Viaan for her... Not in a forceful way but a gentle nudge to remind her that he is there.....

sowmya2407 thumbnail

Guys, I will be very Frank and say that I have never spent this much time discussing a show and it's characters in such detail... 

I hope I haven't hurt anyone's sensibilities by stating my opinions.... 

Shimokatha thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 months ago
This content was originally posted by: sowmya2407

@bold : As I mentioned it before he only said it once and that too just to be clear on his perspective in front of Katha.... After that all the conversation on this topic was started by Katha only and he was just being honest. For example, in today's epi also he was just there to give her the watch and wasn't bothering her at all... it was her who raised the topic again... And he just stated his feelings on the matter and left.... 

Katha already has a good opinion on Viaan at the point he confessed his love... She completely understood him much better than his own mother as per Shamita track....

And the state Katha is in right now she wouldn't ever have been able to guess his feelings for her if he didn't say it explicitly or if he maintained his distance.... She wouldn't even consider thinking about him and even if she had she would just push it away out of her guilt or convincing herself that he doesn't feel for her that way....

I believe she needed his complete honesty... Even with that she is fighting it alot and Will continue to resist even more in the future.....

I believe the scenarios you mentioned for Viaan's characterisation would have worked if Katha was open to new relationships which she wasn't. She closed herself upto all the possibilities of a new man entering her life... As we saw in the yesterday's epi....And would never ever consider anyone without a small push.... That push came in the form of Viaan for her... Not in a forceful way but a gentle nudge to remind her that he is there.....

Amazingly put ๐ŸŒนโค๏ธ

Especially @bold lines 

His insistence is what making this story to go forward 

It's like (the man who has just freed from his prison so he can attach to the reason behind his freedom which is normal act as per his POV + the woman who still in her prison of the past and doesn't want to get out from it which will not start to get out or thinking of its possibility unless there is a motivation) 

The relationship won't be done if the two partners are backing off 

It will defintely happen that viaan will back off but it's not time to do it 

Like he was backing off during the redemption track and he will maintain the same vibe also here?! 

I want to say yes it will be applicable but not to the current stage of katha and viaan journey 

sowmya2407 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Shimokatha

Amazingly put ๐ŸŒนโค๏ธ

Especially @bold lines 

His insistence is what making this story to go forward 

It's like (the man who has just freed from his prison so he can attach to the reason behind his freedom which is normal act as per his POV + the woman who still in her prison of the past and doesn't want to get out from it which will not start to get out or thinking of its possibility unless there is a motivation) 

The relationship won't be done if the two partners are backing off 

It will defintely happen that viaan will back off but it's not time to do it 

Like he was backing off during the redemption track and he will maintain the same vibe also here?! 

I want to say yes it will be applicable but not to the current stage of katha and viaan journey 

@bold: completely agree...

And as for Katha's prison she doesn't even realise she is in the prison of her own making, and is thinking she is happy... But she sure feels the lack of her partner and the comfort she gets from him... And the beautiful way Aditi Sharma potrayed it made it even more impactful....

saakkabc thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Omg Ehsan and his aag mein ghee dhalna ๐Ÿ˜€.. keeping that aside, loved the bonding between the two friends. Thankful for not breaking their bond. 

Rosh4rose thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

This content was originally posted by: saakkabc

Omg Ehsan and his aag mein ghee dhalna ๐Ÿ˜€.. keeping that aside, loved the bonding between the two friends. Thankful for not breaking their bond. 

They are keeping " Viaan & Eshan " as bestie is such a relief , Eshan is back as a great friend  really love it