Women being ambitious... Is it a crime? - Page 2

Posted: 17 years ago

In 21st century the scenario is different. Women have done beyond levels to prove their metal! They are such valuable humans who have the power to do the impossible. Yes i do personally idealize strong women.. call it biasness/ Idealism or anything you like.. but its a fact that i think nobody would contradict😊

So .. if she is a daughter, a wife, a mom... why it is expected from her to leave her dreams and ambitions because she needs to fullfil her other responsibilities?

Is it a crime to be ambitious and career oriented for women? Why does society look down upon those who choose their careers properly? It is her life, isn't it?

Your comments.

MNMS ji!

Nice topic.

Whether anyone agrees or not the society we live is a "Male Dominated Society". Men like women to be a step less than them.Women on the otherside are capable of doing any task perfectly whether its household work or professional tasks.Added to this if women are ambitious ,they are successful.This makes them more confident and men get insecure of this.So to stop this entire process ,people discourage ambitious women in intial stages only.

I will get back to this topic again.

Cheers,

Mythili

hmmm well its 21st century and i don't think ppl think that women should not do a job or go to work but maybe older ppl they go by their own rules so they think that a woman should be a housewife and all but nowadays women are pretty much allowed to do whtvr they like after all they are humans too and rights are for everyone...its all about equality...but in middle eastern countries they aren't allowed to do nething so i guess thats totally wrong and unfair for them
Every person has his own yardsticks to define life concepts, and the same goes for his attitude towards ambition. Moreover, every age has its own ethos and its own complexities. Currently, there is emphasis on personal growth. The new ism is individualism --- the right of a person to uphold his dignity and aspirations.
absolutely not as long as the first on their list is to live upto their husbands expectations... 😊 πŸ˜†

Originally posted by qwertyesque

absolutely not as long as the first on their list is to live upto their husbands expectations... 😊 πŸ˜†

Wellsaid. I agree. An intelligent woman balances her professional life and personal life perfectly.Somany women CEO's of South Asia are of this category.Recently I read an article in support of this version.

wishes,

Mythili

Originally posted by MNMS

Is it a crime to be ambitious and career oriented for women? Why does society look down upon those who choose their careers properly? It is her life, isn't it?

You have a choice. Cast away the culture, beliefs, and ethos that make you live in a medieval period. The world is not boy's club anymore even though we still find subtle discriminatory forces that still reside in, but society I was brought up in never treated working women with contempt! 

Ofcourse it is not a crime to be very career oriented. I take pride in being one. However, the downside of that is female heart will (MOSTLY) yearn for a fabulous family (children mainly since husbands stop being fabulous in few years πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†).
It is quite hard to balance personal and professional life, and the challenge is harder in certain professions, infested with women (with man's heart) who don;t give a crap about family.
Struggle is the fabric of an ambitious woman's life.

I will also like to add that having a job and having a career aren't one and the same. Yet, job + home also seems to be taxing.

I will love to live to see a day when MEN at work are complaining about how hard it is to balance family and career. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ Seems like I'll have to live 1000 years πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
Originally posted by tania.ganguly

I follow it to the t. My husband wants me to be more successful than him. I think a cushy bank balance always acts as an antidote to the male ego.πŸ˜†

even bettter than a 7 course dinner?πŸ˜†

good one tania...πŸ˜†

Originally posted by MNMS

So .. if she is a daughter, a wife, a mom... why it is expected from her to leave her dreams and ambitions because she needs to fullfil her otherresponsibilities?

I think women is expected to leave her ambition to fulfil other resposibilites 'coz all other work she does inside the home is not possible for anyone accept her to make it possible the way she does. I don't think men can be as good of a stay at home father and take care of all the chores as good as women can. It's just an art where women are too good and most of the men cann't beat them πŸ˜‰ Fulfilling ones ambition and creerer is easy to achive task compared to let going ones ambition and dreams and taking care of household part adn other responsibilties..i think only women can do it πŸ‘

Your comments.

it's not a crime... society look donw upon 'coz they are jelous or they don't have any better to do ....some people just can't accept women taking care of all the sectors of her life