Armaan Riddhima OS Completed

Posted: 11 months ago

Hi all. This is my first attempt at any creative writing. So do let me know what you think of it. 

Also since DMG was the last Indian show I loved, I'm using Armaan and Riddhima as my central characters. You are free to imagine whichever couple from whichever show you choose while reading it.

Part 1

The street was buzzing with busy shoppers and shop keepers,it being a weekend and a festival just around the corner. Riddhima had stepped out of the house to run some errands, buying a good sling bag for herself was to be the chief of those errands, her mother reminded her again and again before leaving the house. Her mother didn't like the fact that she carried this worn out bag which according to her mother could fall apart any moment. But Riddhima wanted to save as much money as possible for her brother's education and their collective future, now that he was getting better regarding his health

One thing she loved after moving to Bangalore was the weather here just like everyone else who moves into this beautiful city. Like right now. The wind blew across her face bringing with it a sort of peace and solace she hadn't felt in a while. She took a deep breath. Filling her lungs with the cool air as much as possible. She walked with a new vigour towards the next shop she was supposed to go. And suddenly, just like that, she stopped mid-step.

As if lightning had struck her. She felt all the air in her lungs leave her. She couldn't breathe. No. It couldn't be. It couldn't be HIM. Here of all places. Ten feet away from her. She could hear the angry mutterings of the passers-by at her for blocking their way. No. No. This can't happen. She must not let this happen. She must turn around now before he sees and recognizes her. Yes. That is what she should do. And just as she decided to turn around his eyes met hers. And then there was no escape.

To be continued..

Thank you for reading..Do you all want me to continue? 

Edited by Gwtw27 - 11 months ago

She did not turn and it is too late. He saw her. Why didn't she want to see him?

Something painful must have happened in the past. What was it?

Part 2

Dr.Armaan Mallik had come to Bangalore to oversee the arrangement for the inauguration of their hospital branch which was newly constructed by the Malliks and the Malhotras. M&M group of hospitals. They were constructing these hospitals in three cities simultaneously. They had merged their funds and their families with Armaan recently getting engaged to Nikita Malhotra, the only daughter of the illustrious Malhotra family. Their engagement had even made it to the news.

Armaan was on his toes for hours and was finally satisfied with the overall arrangement for the function and stepped out of the building for fresh air. At the corner of the street he saw a sugarcane juice vendor. And thought of having a glass of juice. His mother would have a heart attack if she saw him drinking juice from a roadside vendor, he thought.He ordered a glass of juice and was sipping it. Just then he thought he saw her. But that couldn't be. He met her eyes. There she was. A flash of hurt and anger passed in his eyes. But years of medical training had taught him such self control that not even she could breach. He saw her turning around. He composed himself. He couldn't let her leave again. Not without any explanation. He wanted  answers and he wanted them NOW.

To be continued..

He is hurt and angry? At her. She left him with no explanation it seems. Why?

Part 3

He called out to her "Riddhima!" She was determinedly walking away from him. He called out again. This time louder. "Riddhima!" She knew him well enough to know that he would even run and catch hold of her if need be. So she didn't try running. There really was no escape from this situation now. She stopped and turned around to face him.

"I guess we need to talk", he said.

She nodded her head in reply.

He looked around and pointed at a nearby restaurant and said "Let's go in there".

She again nodded in reply.

They walked in silence towards the restaurant, took a table and say down across from each other. Riddhima kept her eyes down while Armaan thought of ways to start this difficult conversation. He finally decided asking about her well being was a good and polite enough place to start as any. Although he was bursting with other pressing questions.

"So Riddhima, it has been 3 years. How are you doing?" he asked.

Riddhima lifted her eyes to look at him. She was surprised at his calm demeanor and polite line of questioning. 

"I'm doing well Armaan. How are you?"  she asked.

How can I be Riddhima? After you left me without a word. His eyes seemed to scream. But his tongue only said, "Absolutely fine Riddhima. How is your brother and aunty?"

" They are fine too" , she replied.

Now onto the inevitable and uncomfortable line of questioning, they both thought since it couldn't be avoided any further.

He cleared his throat and finally mustered enough courage to ask the most important question running wildly in his mind.

"I heard that you got married. Is that true?" he asked.

" Yes", came the reply without missing a beat.

To be continued..

Is she married? Is that why she left?

Looks like she is lying about being married. Why?

Part 4

Armaan's eyes instantly filled with tears which he tried to control. It had been 3 years. It should not hurt him so much, should it? But it did. When it came to her, it did. Years of his training came to his rescue again and he composed himself enough to ask, " Why Riddhima? Why? I deserved an explanation atleast. Don't you think?"

Riddhima looked away. "I'm sorry Armaan.Family pressure. I couldn't avoid. You know how it is," she said with a dead pan look on her face.

Armaan could sense that she was hiding something.

"Family pressure? Really Riddhima? I know that Padma aunty would never do that you. And why didn't you tell me? I was away for the conference for just a week and when I came back my whole life had turned upside down. Do you even know what I went through in these three years? It was like you vanished into thin air. I searched for you everywhere like a mad man. Did you ever care for me at all? Armaan asked dejectedly.

Riddhima stood up abruptly and said with a tone of finality, "Armaan, I'm getting late. I must reach home."

As she again turned around to leave the anger which he was controlling all along got the better of him. He decided. Not again Riddhima. Not this time. You don't get to run away without explaining why you did what you did. He got up swiftly from his chair and grabbed her shoulder to stop her from leaving.

His hand caught hold of her sling bag and as she determinedly moved away from him, the worn out bag came apart spilling all is contents on the floor of the restaurant. Before she could realize what had happened Armaan had seen his own photograph and his hand-made bracelet amongst the fallen items.

To be continued..

Why is she lying about being married? What made her go away three years ago?