Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by Nishita123

Yes makes sense Vijay. Can there be some kind of redirect for these searches? 
With such a huge user base IF has a potential to start the change :) and May be someone from industry will notice ( as many from the industry visit this site ) :) 

Wait ✋️  .. so the girl with priyanka chorpa as her DP... is really pc.. 

‐-----------------------

Hey akshay Kumar. 

What you did to raveena tandoori wasn't nice 

Originally posted by Nishita123

Yes makes sense Vijay. Can there be some kind of redirect for these searches? 
With such a huge user base IF has a potential to start the change :) and May be someone from industry will notice ( as many from the industry visit this site ) :) 

You not wrong there. Everytime in Pratigya forum and others, I gave a story line idea for what were they  called back then the people who made the shows CVs, they used practically all those ideas.

Imagine that, then if it's successful India forums will be mentioned in Wikipedia for initiating this change. It will make history. 

It's a win win. 

Give it a go Vijay... 👍 

Edited by carisma2 - 1 years ago
Originally posted by D3viL

Wait ✋️  .. so the girl with priyanka chorpa as her DP... is really pc.. 

‐-----------------------

Hey akshay Kumar. 

What you did to raveena tandoori wasn't nice 

Lol did to or with more like. 🤣🤣

But I suppose you ain't watched tip tip barsa pani.  Because apparently the rain caught fire. 🤣🤣

Originally posted by Clochette

It's called German filmindustry, German movies, German actors/actresses, German Cinema...

Hollywood is a genuine location...it's a part of the Los Angeles area...and there indeed was a large wood once upon the time...before film studios had been built there. So, Hollywood Cinema started in Hollywood.

Bollywood has no meaning than a negative one...no wood, no location, no language, just an artificial term to mock the Hindi filmindustry.

Bombay, btw. was never an indigenious name, it's a Portuguese name for 'a good bay'. Mumbai, however, is named after Mumbadevi, the goddess, and the Marathi word for mother. I would largely prefer latter to former... it's a much older name with a more regionally specific signification. 😊

Once upon a time a country's city had it's name based on its colonizer's city.... eventually this country gained independence over the colonizer... but did keep the original name. That city was New York.... based on York in UK. Which city is more famous today? Is the name an embarrassment? Me think not.

Let's talk candy. There was once a great baseball player - Babe Ruth - think of him as a Klose... or an even bigger figure. He of course used to charge an arm and a leg for endorsements. In order to skimp on that, a shrewd businessman launched a candy named Baby Ruth. It was an open secret that the candy was named to milk Babe Ruth's fame, but they concocted a fake origin story. The candy was a smash hit. Not the one to leave millions of dollars on the table, Babe Ruth launched his own candy with his own name. Baby Ruth candy company sued Babe Ruth for using a similar sounding name 🤣 Can you guess who won that case? 🤡

The thought itself, that Bollywood sounds demeaning because it's based on Hollywood, comes from a western perspective! Sometimes it sounds like west oriented elitists (NOT you Clochette, you're far too sweet, sweeter than Baby Ruth😊) thinking "Hollywoodiya log kya kahenge (What will Hollywood people say).. sounds like a cheap rip-off... ". But when you look at it from an Indian perspective it makes sense... Let me explain:

When you hear Hollywood, it instantly transports you physically to the LA hub of movie making business. It's not just "American English Film Industry", it's much more than that... it's The Works!!

Similarly when you hear Bollywood, you instantly get transported to erstwhile Bombay (so tomorrow if Yogiji is successful in creating another Hindi film industry in Lucknow... that wouldn't be Bollywood but a separate entity 😬). THAT is where the Hindi film industry's talent thrives. It's a melting pot of people speaking multiple languages that come together to create 'Hindi' movies. Other than that Mumbai hub, the term Bollywood also means to represent people speaking multiple languages who consume 'Hindi' movies. The term also includes the associated paparazzi, the journalists,etc.. including people like me and you whose mother tongue is NOT Hindi but we come to anonymous forums like these to talk about Himdi movies.

So English or Hindi are just the languages in which movies are created. Film Industry is just the commercial apparatus that churns out these movies. But Hollywood or Bollywood is the entire ecosystem. So I take Bollywood over Hindi Film Industry any time of the day. 

I wish you well, Clochette, in this noble zealous endeavor of yours to salvage the pride of Hindi Film Industry from the clutches of the allegedly demeaning term Bollywood. But I refuse to partake. And as we part, I'd like again to invoke the Bard. Imagine me, if you can, mouthing this as the Big B in Chupke Chupke... "What's in a NAME?"... 

Me thinks it's Much Ado About Nothing.

PS: Clochette, I'm a Mumbaikar. Now I seldom use Bombay, but I can't tell you how many hearts pained when the name change was effected. Centuries back when Mumbai started morphing into a metropolis, it went by 3 names: Bombay, Bambai & Mumbai. Now it's just Mumbai.. 

PPS: Bandra, where many Bollywood Hindi Film Industry (🙃) stars live also goes by 3 names. Bandra (English), Bandra (pronounced differently, in Hindi) & Vandre (in Marathi).

A name captures a lot of history and fond memories... all of which get hurt when we attempt to whitewash it...

PPPS: Thank you for the award of the biggest post ever in IF history. I dedicate this award to HearMeRoar who has always inspired me to write more than 2 lines. 😛

Edited by Saleem-Pheku - 1 years ago
Originally posted by carisma2

Lol did to or with more like. 🤣🤣

But I suppose you ain't watched tip tip barsa pani.  Because apparently the rain caught fire. 🤣🤣

... no words! You are the funniest I have come across on a forum!!!..I dont think we did the forum together??....Aag lagi dil mein toh..❤️ You have mended my broken 💔  heart..  you are so sweet man thank you 

Edited by D3viL - 1 years ago

... no words! You are the funniest I have come across on a forum!!!. I don't think we did the forum together??.... Aag lagi dil mein toh.. ❤️ You have mended my broken 💔  heart..  you are so sweet man thank you 

Bless you. Mostly we used to be active together in FB and other social mediums and in our Forum group activates.  But yeh never got to proper proper do a forum together.

Thanks you are too kind. [Hugs!]

Bless you. Mostly we used to be active together in FB and other social mediums and in our Forum group activates.  But yeh never got to proper proper do a forum together.

Thanks you are too kind. [Hugs!]

Lolololol forum group activities .. when you guys were going around saving IF and I was ruining your threads love bombing  *shurti* .. didn't you ever wonder? What the h3ll is he doing in the group? Lololol  ahhh fun times. 😆 

Lolololol forum group activities .. when you guys were going around saving IF and I was ruining your threads love bombing  *shurti* .. didn't you ever wonder? What the h3ll is he doing in the group? Lololol  ahhh fun times. 😆 

Nope..i was a troll in my own forums by the time u came. 🤣🤣 Then we were trolls together lol. 

Edited by carisma2 - 1 years ago

Nope..i was a troll in my own forums by the time u came. Then we were trolls together lol. 

Now we are cheerleaders in the bollywood section. We want to increase foot traffic here

Give us an  b? *b*

Give us an  O * o*

Give us a L *L*

Give us a L *L*

Give us a Y * Y*

What does it spell? Bolly?

Who do we love ? Bollywood 

Yaayyy bollywood 😆❤️

Now we are cheerleaders in the bollywood section. We want to increase foot traffic here

Give us an  b? *b*

Give us an  O * o*

Give us a L *L*

Give us a L *L*

Give us a Y * Y*

What does it spell? Bolly?

Who do we love ? Bollywood 

Yaayyy bollywood 😆❤️

We love bollywood,  because there is a bollywood section in India forums.  🤣🤣