Why did Aman deceive Naina into marrying Rohit?

Posted: 1 years ago

just a different perspective from my side.

I do not deny that it was a supreme act of sacrifice and that he wanted her to be cared for after his death.

But my point is: why deceive her and create confusion and pain for everyone involved?

Why not lay out the cards before her (including expressing his love for her) and let her decide what to do?

Why take away her agency?

Why take away her right to choose?

Also, if intervention is required to fall in love, is that actual love? Can that love sustain?

Just some questions popped into my mind, and I wondered if u guys also thought that sacrifice was not needed in the film, and that Naina's  and Rohit's characters was manipulated.

I kinda agree. Rohit and Naina were better off as friends. Eventually some time after getting over Aman may be she would have given Rohit a chance perhaps? It’s another one of KJo’s crapfest with over emotional beings so we don’t have to think too much about it 😆 Aman was right from his perspective but you can’t force people to fall in love. “ 6 din ladki in” was cringe. 

As for him not confessing to her I think then it would have been harder for her to move on. She did realise he loved her back but it was too late anyway, she was already engaged and he was on his death bed. 

6 din ladki in is misogynistic, crap, and shallow.

Love is a feeling that cannot be manufactured. It is an emotion that comes naturally from within and cannot be forced or fabricated.

This basic premise was overridden in Kal Ho Naa Ho.

In today's society, many people believe that love can be bought with material possessions or manufactured through online dating apps. However, this is far from the truth. True love requires more than just physical attraction or the exchange of gifts; it requires emotional connectivity.

Aise hi, he was getting bored and needed time pass🤷‍♀️

Aman could have taught her how life is beautiful with love but setting Naina Rohit was cringe. Aman chose Rohit for Naina like he is her father 😆 n then manipulated both to marry. 

So he could do her kanyadan before he is gone. 

Aman was a self-righteous prick, IMHO

He held back from expressing his love for Naina due to his own twisted thinking, thus denying her the right to choose what to do.

Maybe twisted is too strong a word, but self-righteous definitely.

Same with Katrina's character in Jab Tak Hain Jaan.

LOVE IS MORE ABOUT UNDERSTANDING, LESS ABOUT SACRIFICE.

' 6 din ladki in ' was crap. But we can give it a cinematic liberty may be. 

As far why he forced her to marry. 

I believe he knew Rohit loved Naina and knew he would be with her. 

He just gave Naina a different perspective about Rohit. Naina never fell in love with Rohit. She just chose him as her life partner as she thought Aman was already married. Kind of arrange marriage may be. 

Originally posted by Swati_

' 6 din ladki in ' was crap. But we can give it a cinematic liberty may be. 

As far why he forced her to marry. 

I believe he knew Rohit loved Naina and knew he would be with her. 

He just gave Naina a different perspective about Rohit. Naina never fell in love with Rohit. She just chose him as her life partner as she thought Aman was already married. Kind of arrange marriage may be. 

Yes but why is settling down so important in BW movies?

Why not give her the option of remaining single until she falls in love with someone she really wants? That could have happened even after Aman's death.

What gave Aman the right to play with her emotions? I know Rohit loved Naina but Naina never loved Rohit, as you also said