Why no one from Bollywood got the Bharat Ratna award yet? - Page 3

Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by Ocean_breeze

"BHARAT RATNA is awarded in recognition of exceptional service/performance of the highest order in any field of human endeavour. "

Giving it to any controversial figures,who have not done anything exceptional, in my opinion, would be a shame to the honour in itself. 

Not that I believe that it is always given in  just manner.

So you are saying this award can’t be given to someone that has a bad personal life? How does their personal controversial life matter if they do good work for their country? 

Originally posted by loginidran

I mean Rajeev Gandhi got it for I don’t know what. So those who say that it cannot be rigged, please take a seat.

Even Indira gandhi, MGR, Kamaraj lol Also, some posthumous ones, with their deaths wayyy before the awards were initiated. It's true when people say, if they can award for Malaviya, then it's not wrong demanding it for the likes of Vivekananda. It's all political as usual.

SRK made Bollywood global and he is an international star. So why was he avoided? Sridevi also had lots of contributions for Bollywood and South Indian film industry. She did around 400 films. I never saw anyone did these amount of films in short time. She had a state funeral. So that means she contributed a lot for the country. When Non Indian people like Mother Teresa and Nelson Mandela can get the Bharat Ratna, then why can’t some Bollywood celebrities get this award? 

Originally posted by Alia4545

So you are saying this award can’t be given to someone that has a bad personal life? How does their personal controversial life matter if they do good work for their country? 

No.. Its not about personal bad life... For me its more about the bad public conduct. 

SRK made Bollywood global and he is an international star. So why was he avoided? Sridevi also had lots of contributions for Bollywood and South Indian film industry. She did around 400 films. I never saw anyone did these amount of films in short time. She had a state funeral. So that means she contributed a lot for the country. When Non Indian people like Mother Teresa and Nelson Mandela can get the Bharat Ratna, then why can’t some Bollywood celebrities get this award? 

Mother Teresa and Nelson Mandela were not the ones working for their personal gain... Come on.. One cant compare actors with the humanitarians. 

Compare artists with artists. 

Otherwise what about Ratan Tata... Isn't he more eligible for bharata ratna? 

SRK and Sridevi didn't sacrifice their life for the upliftment of the country or its people...

A doctor in my neighborhood treats poor people for free and does more for the society than this BW people who are only working for themselves(and this isn't bad... we all work for our bread butter so do we all need a Bharat Ratna?)

Do you think there is never going to be a SRK again? Fanbase wise you can say yes but acting wise? Nopes... we do have actors who can act on his level and I dare say better than him... the same goes for Sridevi...

Isn't a state funeral enough? These people are just entertainers who already are earning a lot more than what they deserve... aur kya chahiye bhai?

Edited by Uday_Shetty - 1 years ago
Originally posted by Ocean_breeze

Mother Teresa and Nelson Mandela were not the ones working for their personal gain... Come on.. One cant compare actors with the humanitarians. 

Compare artists with artists. 

Otherwise what about Ratan Tata... Isn't he more eligible for bharata ratna? 

+1 

I really hope they give a Bharat Ratna to Ratan Tata (and pls not posthumously... awarding a person while he is alive is much better)

Originally posted by Uday_Shetty

SRK and Sridevi didn't sacrifice their life for the upliftment of the country or its people...

A doctor in my neighborhood treats poor people for free and does more for the society than this BW people who are only working for themselves(and this isn't bad... we all work for our bread butter so do we all need a Bharat Ratna?)

Do you think there is never going to be a SRK again? Fanbase wise you can say yes but acting wise? Nopes... we do have actors who can act on his level and I dare say better than him... the same goes for Sridevi...

Isn't a state funeral enough? These people are just entertainers who already are earning a lot more than what they deserve... aur kya chahiye bhai?

So one has to sacrifice their life to get this award? Did Lata and Sachin sacrificed their life for the country or people? 

Edited by Alia4545 - 1 years ago

+1 

I really hope they give a Bharat Ratna to Ratan Tata (and pls not posthumously... awarding a person while he is alive is much better)

Same sentiments... I sooo want him to get bharat Ratna in his lifetime. 🙏🤞

That is not true. Only awarding people who sacrifice their life is not the criteria. In that case no sportsman, writer or singer should achieve it either, right? 

M.S.Subbulaxmi and Bhupen Hazarika were very deserving candidates. Because they excelled at their field to a level that they took their craft and it's recognition to another level. 

Dhayan Chand deserves it for same reason. 3 olympic golds is not a joke for a country which struggles to get even 1 consistently. And his efforts were beyond that too.

Some of these people have this element of originality, skill and accomplishment like no other. They truly contributed to THEIR field like no other. That is the real criteria.

Which is of course diluted by awarding likes of Rajiv, Sachin etc. 

Also, does SRK deserve it for putting Indian cinema on global map? Before him Satyajit Ray truly did it heck even Raj kapoor was famous in USSR, so what SRK did was not truly path breaking. But few more years down the lane who knows but acc me no he doesn't yet qualify for it. Nor sridevi. Great actors but nothing path breaking.

Edited by Chocru - 1 years ago