Artcle==Dolly Sohi to sabotage his image?

maneet.n.shanak thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

'People like Dolly Sohi have tried to sabotage my image'
ROSHNI OLIVERA

How is it playing an elderly character?
Being in late 20's and playing 50 is not only challenging but also a self-discovery as an actor. I have done and still doing a lot of introspection in this regard. The compliments and appreciation that I have received from the audience, my producer and the channel is a yardstick for me to grow.
You aren't doing too many roles. Are you choosy about your work?
Frankly speaking, I am here to make a niche for myself as an actor who will be remembered for his versatility β€” someone who did things differently. And for this one needs to sacrifice a lot of work coming your way. I know what I can offer as an actor, but its yet to be explored. Honestly, I am here to be the best and the best is yet to come.
What about the recent Dolly Sohi controversy where you allegedly got a bit too close for comfort during a shoot?
Dolly Sohi's episode is nothing new to me. There have been instances in the past where people close to me have tried to sabotage my image and my career. They do not realise that when they are pointing a finger at the other person, the rest of the fingers are in their direction. The ratio is 1:3! If I were to define the height of hypocrisy, I would say it's Dolly Sohi.
What are the kind of roles you would like to do?
It may sound like a cliche but films are my childhood dream. I left my family, education and home in Delhi to achieve my dreams. Television happened to me and made me a household name. Today I feel lucky that I can choose roles. But I am waiting for something really challenging which would redefine Manish K Goyal. As far as films are concerned, it's my passion and once I step into films it will be for eternity.
With a busy schedule how do you manage time with your family?
As I said earlier, I am fortunate enough to choose my roles and therefore the major advantage I have is that I can spend quality time with my family.
What's your idea of chilling out?
I am totally a family man. My idea of chilling out is being with my family. My wife is an excellent cook and I think the tea she makes is the best I have ever had. Watching Aryaveer, my son, grow is the most fascinating experience. I record each and every of his move on my handy cam. Well if I have to define my idea of chilling out in three words β€” its my cosy home, my wife and my son.
http://tvguide.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1179709.cms 
Edited by zuggy_ash - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Originally posted by: Mrs.SalmanKhan

whose roshni?

I believe thats the person who wrote the article

Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
man, dont wait so much that there is no time for comeback...

why so many actors feel that film is the ultimate thing.. infact working on television gives a person so much more fame than films nowadays.. cos television is seen by almost everyone today, even in remote places in India... anyways...

All the Best Manish..

πŸ˜›

Originally posted by: sweta01

man, dont wait so much that there is no time for comeback...

why so many actors feel that film is the ultimate thing.. infact working on television gives a person so much more fame than films nowadays.. cos television is seen by almost everyone today, even in remote places in India... anyways...

All the Best Manish..

I agree telly you can have bad scenes and improve your mistakes but if you mess up in the film world thats the end! I agree telly world rocks over films!

Big stars make their careers again like Big B, Shilpa shetty etc........

Anyway....its cool!πŸ˜›

laverne thumbnail
thnx so much how strange is that...

Originally posted by: shiv and gauri

manish can g to hell.flop actor

hey be niceπŸ˜•