Why didn't anyone from Gen Y achieve the superstardom of Khans?

Posted: 1 years ago

The closest we have come to superstardom are Ranbir, Deepika, and Alia.

But why haven't they achieved the Khans or Madhuri level of superstardom?

Discuss.

Originally posted by mintyblue

The closest we have come to superstardom are Ranbir, Deepika, and Alia.

But why haven't they achieved the Khans or Madhuri level of superstardom?

Discuss.

Khans are unreachable and at a different level

But I think Deepika, alia and probably Katrina have reached Madhuri's level of stardom. Madhuri's stardom is quite overrated - it never was superstardom

When you pour your heart, mind and each pore of your soul into your work; it's bound to result in superstardom. That's SRK for me. The only superstar for me after Dilip Kumar Sahab and Amitabh Bachchan Sahab is SRK.

90s films had memorable songs, dialogues and just an overall good vibe. Post the 2010s films have been nothing but shoddy remakes. Actors then onwards have only cared about flaunting themselves to the public on social media. There's no mystery, no intrigue factor. How can you then expect actors to become superstars?

Your work and personality should speak to the audience, it should resonate with them. That's when you become a 'superstar'. 

Rant over! 

Edited by Pasoori - 1 years ago

Ranbir is being touted as the closest to superstardom right from his inception itself even before he made that disastrous debut. It’s been 15+ years, still being touted as the future superstar. 😅

Originally posted by Pasoori

When you pour your heart, mind and each pore of your soul into your work; it's bound to result in superstardom. That's SRK for me. The only superstar for me after Dilip Kumar Sahab and Amitabh Bachchan Sahab is SRK.

90s films had memorable songs, dialogues and just an overall good vibe. Post the 2010s films have been nothing but shoddy remakes. Actors then onwards have only cared about flaunting themselves to the public. There's no mystery, no intrigue factor. How can you then expect actors to become superstars?

Your work and personality should speak to the audience, it should resonate with them. That's when you become a 'superstar'. 

Rant over! 

Well said. You just have to watch their songs for that matter and see the stark difference between them and the rest of the actors. I have been watching AB and SRK’s old songs and boy what amazing performers despite being the self proclaimed ‘bad dancers’, 

Originally posted by loginidran

Ranbir is being touted as the closest to superstardom right from his inception itself even before he made that disastrous debut. It’s been 15+ years, still being touted as the future superstar. 😅

Ranbir has a good filmography. Out of the current crop of actors, I've watched his films the most. He shows great promise. To his advantage, he isn't on social media so his fans are always eager to catch a glimpse of him. 

Originally posted by Pasoori

Ranbir has a good filmography. Out of the current crop of actors, I've watched his films the most. He shows great promise. To his advantage, he isn't on social media so his fans are always eager to catch a glimpse of him. 

Having a good filmography is not being a superstar though. If that is the case then Amol Palekar is the biggest superstar we have today with each of his movies being nothing less than a classic.

If that is the case then Amol Palekar is the biggest superstar we have today with each of his movies being nothing less than a classic.

Who ?

He was one of the actors who got swept off by the bachchan tide. But his movies were all one of the most watched and well loved movies. The actor of the original Golmaal. 

Having a good filmography is not being a superstar though. If that is the case then Amol Palekar is the biggest superstar we have today with each of his movies being nothing less than a classic.

I've made it abundantly clear that in my opinion, there will never be another superstar. There's not a thing you've said which I can dispute.