Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MrChatVsNorway thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Rani can definitely dance, I’ll give you that.  But she’s not a more versatile than Tabu and Vidya. She’s just had more box office success in her commercial roles. That doesn’t make her more versatile or multi-dimensional in anyway.  

Let me put it simply 

Commercial success is also one dimension, playing typical heroine in a film , even flowerpots like Kiara and Kriti are doing are also dimensions , very underestimated though . Rani has done it all which the other two haven’t . 

bollyqueen0 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: prerna4rishav

Oh forgot to mention, Rani M as always was v. good ! I still carry a little hurt from her playing Tina and coming between my Rahul and Anjali 😡, but it’s okay I will understand once I am 50 may be. 😃 Till then, a little restrained on praising her performance. 

#TeamTina #TeamQueenofStandingThereStrokingHerCheeksLookingGood 

zohakhan7 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Rani is such a phenomenal actor that she can make you feel those emotions.She is the master of her craft.Just by this trailer she is showing these current actresses about what acting is all about.Awesome trailer n love watching her on screen..

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: MrChatVsNorway

Let me put it simply 

Commercial success is also one dimension, playing typical heroine in a film , even flowerpots like Kiara and Kriti are doing are also dimensions , very underestimated though . Rani has done it all which the other two haven’t . 

I agree with your point, to an extent. Rani definitely has the kind of commercial success that the other two don’t.  But the thing with flowerpot roles or any role is could anyone else have done those roles?  I think for a lot of Rani’s commercial roles anyone else could have done it and it would have worked just as well.  I don’t believe that to be true of Vidya and Tabu’s niche or dramatic roles.  

MrChatVsNorway thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

I agree with your point, to an extent. Rani definitely has the kind of commercial success that the other two don’t.  But the thing with flowerpot roles or any role is could anyone else have done those roles?  I think for a lot of Rani’s commercial roles anyone else could have done it and it would have worked just as well.  I don’t believe that to be true of Vidya and Tabu’s niche or dramatic roles.  

Like I said , it’s underestimated! That’s why you said anyone could have done it , remember Vidya herself saying that she sucks in those roles so she carved out a different niche for herself after hey baby? So, it’s not easy either . Not every one can do flowerpot , typical masala Bollywood stuff . Rani has done the entire gamut and has found success in both . That’s why I think she has an edge over the other two . Well, that’s my opinion but I respect yours . 

NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: vcs17

i followed this case completely when it happened and read different articles on it, almost 10 yrs ago

though i agree with the views that there are cultural differences in bringing up children, imo this is not that black and white 

the husband was a scientist and she had a 14 month son  when she joined him in Norway and then got pregnant almost immediately and had the daughter (i looked up the dates, she went in dec 2009 and baby was born in dec 2010). 

now all of us know the amout of adjustment one has to make when one moves, cultural etc, especially places where winter is severe and you dont see the sun, no people, on top of it any parent knows how difficult handling kids, pregnancy and parenthood especially if kids are under 2 and have less age difference, without family and friends. this can lead to depression 

post partum depression is very common among mothers but is not recognised or addressed in india. 

i do think this was a case of that, and the articles then also suggested that, and she might have hit the kids in that state, one can easily see that life theretook a toll on her

however the norway authorities did prolong it too much as family from india were willing to take the kids and this blew up into a diplomatic issue and it was a emotional issue.

finally, the couple actually even went through divorce, one may say the case took a toll on them, but the husband in the proceedings said she has psychological issues which were denied, it was also said he wanted to stay back in norway and she didnt want to stay back which resulted in their seperation. 

i havent watched the trailer but i i doubt it will show these grey areas and make it a very black and white subject

All the grey areas that you are expecting can very well be cultural differences. 

She could have postpartum depression but that’s no ground for taking kids away. 

In Indian culture, chhoti si tapli maarna is so common. You can’t do that here. People who migrate, don’t know everything. 

Welfare department has to look at things from cultural perspective. 

Did they ask father to take care of kids if mother is unstable? 
@ Bold — was he willing to fight as much as Mrs. Chatterjee for the kids if he wanted to stay back in Norway?

I read about this case when this movie was announced. She fought with everything she had. She went everywhere she could. That to me is a doted parent than the other one. 

vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

All the grey areas that you are expecting can very well be cultural differences. 

She could have postpartum depression but that’s no ground for taking kids away. 

In Indian culture, chhoti si tapli maarna is so common. You can’t do that here. People who migrate, don’t know everything. 

Welfare department has to look at things from cultural perspective. 

Did they ask father to take care of kids if mother is unstable? 
@ Bold — was he willing to fight as much as Mrs. Chatterjee for the kids if he wanted to stay back in Norway?

I read about this case when this movie was announced. She fought with everything she had. She went everywhere she could. That to me is a doted parent than the other one. 

everything grey is not cultural,

yes not denying that they the agency should have been more culturally sensitive

but denying that the mother may also have issues which required sensitive care is the grey area

the father fought for custody, which is why the divorce happened, never once did she also say that he was a bad parent

are you saying that post partum depression is recognised widely in india or indian mothers 

you have to meet a gynaecologist in any small town in india to know that these issues are never prioritised by the family, a new mother needs as much care as a child, is she provided that. unfortunately it doesnt happen, everyone wants to show (including women themsleves) women as perfect wives, mothers etc which takes a toll

@bold, it is not either or or, you can have psychological issues and still be a great, loving parent. we all have difficult moments, there are mothers who regret giving up their careers for their kids, does it make them bad mothers. mothers are humans too. saying she had issues is not saying she was a bad mother or did not fight desperately for her kids. 

Edited by vcs17 - 1 years ago
rushi1981 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Rani can definitely dance, I’ll give you that.  But she’s not a more versatile than Tabu and Vidya. She’s just had more box office success in her commercial roles. That doesn’t make her more versatile or multi-dimensional in anyway.  

to put it simply… rani can do all the roles done by vidya and tabbu.. but you cant expect tabbu to do what rani did in bunty or babli and cant expect vidya to perform what rani did in dil bole hadippa…and being just mere 5 foot actress..the way she performed action scenes in mardani is beyond amazing…so yes Rani is far a head in terms of being a complete herione material as compared to tabbu and vidya 

Edited by rushi1981 - 1 years ago
EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7

I dont think I can watch this movie . 

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

Can you give examples of those commercial roles? i am talking ever since she established herself..2002 onwards..

If you are hinting at bunty bubbly..nah..i don't think anyone could have done that AT ALL..if you are talking about the likes of Tara Rum Pum..Thora Jadu thora Magic..Dil bole haddipa..yes may be an equally good or less actor could have done those but then any one equally good or less could have done a Hey Baby too or a Kismat Konnection..or a Biwi Number 1..or Jai Ho for that matter..so i don't quite get this logic..rani still i believe has excelled in more genres than vidya for sure..though i love VB..