Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by: atominis

Aamir is basically an insecure actor.

He never takes actresses who can outshine him. He takes mostly newcomers or ensures he is most dominant part of any film and others are new or character actors or juniors or maybe at par with him but never anyone who may overshadow him.

There is a reason why he never worked with Amitabh earlier nor worked with Hrithik or SRK or Amrish Puri or Ash or Sush etc.

He hardly works with more charismatic stars. He never worked with Vidya Balan or Konkona Sen type powerhouse actresses either.

Earlier Tabu did not work with him due to height difference as she is way taller than him. Now they do not work because Aamir has to be centre of the show no matter what. 

It is a different matter that Darsheel, Mona Singh, Rani, Bebo outshone him in TZP, LSC, Talaash. But otherwise an Aamir film is centred around him.

Tabu is too talented to be wasted. Aamir usually likes to work with actresses who he thinks look conventional and less intelligent. He rejected Nandita Das for Lagaan as he felt she looked too intelligent to pass off as a village girl. You think he will work with Tabu?

I am surprised Aamir managed to work with Salman in AAA, Ajay in Ishq, Kajol in Fanaa or Madhuri in Dil. Otherwise he always chooses less famous or less equal names to work with or some newbie or junior or someone from theatre or TV. 

Heroines hardly have anything to do in an Aamir film anyway. Tabu would be wasted in an Aamir film the way she was wasted in HSSH, Saathiya, Biwi no.1. 

In the 90s Aamir, Amitabh Bachchan and Madhuri were to star in an Indra Kumar movie.  It just never materialized.  

Hrithik was offered a part in RDB but he refused it.  

Ash was signed for Mangal Pandey but there were payment issues with the producers that had nothing to do with Aamir and she walked out.  

Aamir movies are not always centered around him. RDB is a genuine ensemble movie. In fact his character was the least interesting with hardly any backstory. TZM was all about Darsheel.  He was even front and center in the poster with Aamir in the background.  In many instances in Dangal he was literally in the background while Zaira Waseem would be the main focus of the camera.  DCH was another ensemble cast and his story arc doesn’t even start till after the interval. 

It’s not true that heroines don’t have anything to do in an Aamir movie. Dangal is all about the girls.  Kareena has a significant part in LSC.  Same with Kajol in Fanaa.  Same with Karishma in Raja Hindustani.  

Katrina is taller and a big star and Aamir has worked with her twice. Anushka is taller than him too and he worked with her. Karishma was at the height of her popularity when he did Raja Hindustani with her.  Despite not working as much Kajol was still fairly popular when she did Fanna with her. Bebo has amazing screen presence and is very popular and he’s worked with her twice. 

atominis thumbnail

Aamir has totally changed tracks from Ghulam days. Especially after credit for Dil, HHRPK, Raja Hindustani was given to Madhuri, Juhi, Lolo and even Urmila got more attention for Rangeela.

Since then he chooses newbies or flowerpot roles. Tell me what is relevance of heroine in Sarfarosh, Lagaan, DCH, RDB, PK, 3 Idiots? Ghajini also had new heroine. Dangal girls are newbies. Kareena does not have a lengthy role in LSC. She got noticed as she acted better than atrocious act by AK.

Rani also has less and more silent role in Talaash. Katrina is just a glam doll in D3 and TOH. Aamir works with taller actresses only now as due to technology, it is easier to make height difference less evident. 

Aamir chooses less known character actors also. Or less known supporting cast and villains. He never worked with Anupam Kher and Kirron Kher for eg  after RDB. Did he? 

He has always gone for less known or regional faces. Like he acted with Saif in DCH when he was in low phase but never worked with Saif again once he began succeeding later. And chose TV faces like Sakshi, Gracy, Mona for roles in films than any Bollywood lady.

He has never worked with big stars or even bigger offbeat actors like Manoj Bajpai, Pankaj Tripathi, Ashutosh Rana or villains like Amrish Puri or Prem Chopra. He knows he does not have personality to match Amrish Puri. So avoided him all life. 

He is aware of his limitations and works accordingly. 

Edited by atominis - 1 years ago
tomnjerry2 thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 8

Neither are best of 90s. Thankfully.... would have given another flop of their career.

Maroonporsche thumbnail
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

He hasn’t changed tracks because he’s insecure. He’s changed tracks because he’s not doing the same kind of movies anymore.  

Dangal casting went through a large scale auditioning process across the country. It started with 30-40 thousand girls auditioning and it eventually was narrowed down to the four girls for young and adult versions of his daughters.  You think he went through all that just so he can pick newbie girls who wouldn’t overshadow them? 

A lot of female leads in a lot of Bollywood movies don’t have anything significant to do.  That’s unfortunately the nature of Bollywood. This is not something specific to Aamir Khan and his movies. 

I don’t know why he’s never worked with Anupam Kher again but I don’t believe it’s out of any insecurity. Same with Amrish Puri. Both of them always do/did character roles and it never affects the hero. I don’t know why he’s never worked with Manoj Bajpai or Pankaj Treipathi. Has every other actor out there worked with every off beat artist in Bollywood? Do have any specific examples of movies he refused to do because Manoj Bajpai was in it?  Or Anupam Kher?  Or Ashotush Rana? Or Juhi Chawla? Or Madhuri Dixit?   

All the examples you are using for Aamir applies to a lot of other actors as well.  I think it’s almost always a case of lack of opportunity due to type of roles, scheduling conflict, or just simple lack of interest in the role.  I don’t believe any of the above examples were some backhanded attempt by Aamir to to avoid working with these actors.  

Meredith thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

I think they would look odd together. 😕

SrikantTiwari thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I am so done in with Aamir slander by other actors' fans.  He is one actor that is genuinely involved and loves the art of cinema. He has so many genuinely good and amazing films to his credit but still gets bashed every now and then for no star power. He is a big part of the films that have been both critical and commercially successful which has not been the case for other 'superstars'. The thing is he has a really good script sense and is not afraid to go down the road and make films he enjoys. 

On the topic, I do hope they are coupled together but in a non romantic way in something like Harshad Mehta and Sucheta Dalal in Scam 1992.

Dexterlove thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

He hasn’t changed tracks because he’s insecure. He’s changed tracks because he’s not doing the same kind of movies anymore.  

Dangal casting went through a large scale auditioning process across the country. It started with 30-40 thousand girls auditioning and it eventually was narrowed down to the four girls for young and adult versions of his daughters.  You think he went through all that just so he can pick newbie girls who wouldn’t overshadow them? 

A lot of female leads in a lot of Bollywood movies don’t have anything significant to do.  That’s unfortunately the nature of Bollywood. This is not something specific to Aamir Khan and his movies. 

I don’t know why he’s never worked with Anupam Kher again but I don’t believe it’s out of any insecurity. Same with Amrish Puri. Both of them always do/did character roles and it never affects the hero. I don’t know why he’s never worked with Manoj Bajpai or Pankaj Treipathi. Has every other actor out there worked with every off beat artist in Bollywood? Do have any specific examples of movies he refused to do because Manoj Bajpai was in it?  Or Anupam Kher?  Or Ashotush Rana? Or Juhi Chawla? Or Madhuri Dixit?   

All the examples you are using for Aamir applies to a lot of other actors as well.  I think it’s almost always a case of lack of opportunity due to type of roles, scheduling conflict, or just simple lack of interest in the role.  I don’t believe any of the above examples were some backhanded attempt by Aamir to to avoid working with these actors.  

Aamir loved working with Nandita.He was keen to work with her again and she was offered Mann which she rejected.

Nandita Das mentioned it in an interview in 1999.

https://m.rediff.com/movies/1999/sep/20das.htm

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Aamir being insecure is just an assumption...nothing proves that!

And I think, none of us is involved in his decision makings or why he didn't work with this actress and that actor...

He has done a lot of movies worth to be watched...I think that is the most important.

hyancchoatishoo thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Aamir + Tabu = Motorboat