Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by: VimalPanMasala

I think generally playing the mandir angle is to appease the older people but many stars are actually superstitious. 

Janhvi is actually extremely religious (from her mother's side), so even as a child, she was seen at the mandir constantly. Alia, Bhumi..etc are also pretty commonly seen at temples. Sara actually was raised religiously open but again, from her mother's side, a Kedernath visit isn't surprising.

Nysa has never shown any signs of going to the temple, so here it's obvious PR work. SRK's kids and AB's daughter's kids also rarely if ever were religious. (which is fine tbh but they wouldn't ever do this kind of media play) The Kapoors too differ - Alia is significantly more religious than Ranbir. 

Social work and going to pray/preach are different. This was an Ajay venture they sent Nysa into to make her look better. 

I don’t remember seeing Sara visiting temples till the last 3-4 years actually.  I honestly think her visiting temples or posting and reposting different temple visits is an absolute PR thing to counter her last name being Khan.  

Bachchans are very religious and very superstitious too.  We didn’t see Shweta much at temples or prayers probably because she was in Delhi for the longest time.  But Bachchans have always been religious.  

Ditto Kapoors.  They’ve always been a religious family. Forgive me as I don’t remember the name but what is the religious event where you take the goddess home with you?  The older Kapoor bothers always performed that.  And usually it would end with Rishi yelling at photographers and even pushing and shoving them 😆. But with Rishi and Rajiv having passed and Randhir being old and frail they’ve stopped that altogether.  Alia might seem more religious because we have actually seen her more at Ayan’s family’s religious festival every year more than Ranbir, but she was raised by atheist parents.  

cts22 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Very true and the weirdest thing about Nysa  is her parents are truly great actors and have achieved success not by looks but by sheer acting and command over the language.

Both Ajay and Kajol's diction and grammar is very good

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

I don’t remember seeing Sara visiting temples till the last 3-4 years actually.  I honestly think her visiting temples or posting and reposting different temple visits is an absolute PR thing to counter her last name being Khan.  

Bachchans are very religious and very superstitious too.  We didn’t see Shweta much at temples or prayers probably because she was in Delhi for the longest time.  But Bachchans have always been religious.  

Ditto Kapoors.  They’ve always been a religious family. Forgive me as I don’t remember the name but what is the religious event where you take the goddess home with you?  The older Kapoor bothers always performed that.  And usually it would end with Rishi yelling at photographers and even pushing and shoving them 😆. But with Rishi and Rajiv having passed and Randhir being old and frail they’ve stopped that altogether.  Alia might seem more religious because we have actually seen her more at Ayan’s family’s religious festival every year more than Ranbir, but she was raised by atheist parents.  

Because families are generally religious doesn't mean their kids turn out to be. With Sara only recently has she taken a turn to Hinduism - she was raised with a tolerance for all religions and is pretty open about that. Yes it is PR to an extent, but even during debut/pre-debut Amrita and her used to visit places of workship (note: not always Hindu) to pray. 

While Bachchans are religious, both of Shweta's kids are not in any sort of form. It is very obvious interacting with them. Abhishek and Aishwaya are. 

Same with Ranbir versus the rest of the Kapoors. The Kapoors are interesting because they blend Hinduism and Christianity, but there are some non-religious members of the family. While Alia's family is not very religious, she has her own personal panditji because of how often she came to a local temple.  

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: cts22

Very true and the weirdest thing about Nysa  is her parents are truly great actors and have achieved success not by looks but by sheer acting and command over the language.

Both Ajay and Kajol's diction and grammar is very good

It's not that weird. She studied in Singapore for high school (from age 14/15-18) Out of the nepo kids she has the worst command on Hindi and has always conversed in English. With the other kids who studied abroad, they are not coming to Bollywood (Akshay's son), or they expressed an interest to act early, so they were put in diction classes. 

sev.puri thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

The reason Nysa is being grilled here is because there is an automatic assumption that nepo kids will choose Bollywood as a career path. And well, if recent trends are anything to go by, they’re probably not wrong. She absolutely does not have a proper grasp on the Hindi language, but none of the Dhirubhai Ambani school kids do so hardly surprising. She’s probably being forced to attend this and speak in Hindi for PR purposes. I’m sure she’d much rather be getting white girl wasted at a club.😆

sev.puri thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

On a side note, the sheer amount of skin lightening done here is just not right. We really need to work on our beauty standards man. If a Simone Ashley can be a huge hit, that should give people some confidence.

MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Its not goddess but Ganpati. RK studios have always celebrated Ganesh chaturthi with aplomb.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: MercurialMedusa

Its not goddess but Ganpati. RK studios have always celebrated Ganesh chaturthi with aplomb.

Thank you.  So did they stop after RK studios was destroyed?  I thought it was after Rishi fell ill.  

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Originally posted by: sev.puri

I’m sure she’d much rather be getting white girl wasted at a club.😆

wouldn’t we all 😆

MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Thank you.  So did they stop after RK studios was destroyed?  I thought it was after Rishi fell ill.  

They performed Ganpati pooja for one last time before they sold RK studios. Ironically it turned out to be their last major celebration together as soon Rishi and later Rajeev Kapoor passed away leaving Randhir behind.