Lag Ja Gale

Lag Ja Gale Frustration Thread

MJHTMonayaSajan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

We are in the first month of this serial and I am already getting frustrated with so many things that I thought better to create a sticky Frustration thread so I don't end up posting my disappointment all over the forum. 

I am still catching up on episodes but listing out all the things that frustrate me while watching this serial.

Don't get me wrong..I am really trying hard to love the serial because I love Namik, Sandip Sikcand's past show was agreeable for me and I feel this show too has a lot of potential with great chemistry between the leads. However, I just can't get over some of the illogical plotholes that the screenplay seems to be filled with.

Feel free to use this as a one-stop-shop to vent out your frustration and create more positive topics in the rest of the forum!! ðŸ¤—

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ep 1-5:

Why are people (apart from the Male lead) just black and white? Is there no scope for shades of gray apart from Shiv Dhooper? Specially Ishani..its too much..

Apparently, her mami gives sleeping pill to EVERYONE in the house AND changes the lock just to keep Ishani out for the night AND wakes her up at 4 am to fill water buckets?? WHAT?? And Ishani doesnt utter a word against this abuse? And Ok, even if I digest the fact that mami hates Ishani, doesn't she love her family? Who in their right mind will give sleeping pill through milk to her own daughters just to take out some personal vendetta

This friend of Ishani's who apparently took a ~24 hrs flight from Canada to India while being 8 months pregnant, can't even go to her own hotel room to eat friend rice?? I mean, the level of emotional blackmail- "Baby, Aj tumhari maasi tumhe bhukha maar degi" Like seriously?? Pregnancy might make you crave, eat more but it doesn't make you stupid and illogical duh...

I understand they want to create a rift between main leads..I understand taking some creative liberties to show that but then, is it so hard to create genuine, good misunderstandings that they have to rely on these utterly unreasonable plotholes? 

Ep 6-10

Who feels Shiv didn't do as bad as others were guilt-tripping him for? Agreed, he was a little rude but dind't the girls do wrong by having outside food in his hotel? I mean, he was perfectly polite with Ishani's friend and she was the one who broke rules and was giving attitude on top..why is it justified? Just bcz she is pregnant? Its not ok to not say Sorry for your mistake..And then Ishani intervened and I dont know why these FL are all so touchy ke "Mere baba ke against mai ek shabd bhi nahi sunungi" but they can sunao whatever they want for the male lead lol..anyway...I just felt Shiv's mom and others made a big deal out of nothing...

edkvf thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Both producers and Channel go behind Trp. They won't concentrate on story, screen play, dialogue delivery lighting editing etc.  Good actors like Namik are helpless. We people may tolerate such crap show because of our favorites. After long time Namik has come on screen so  atleast   I can see him. I wish him to success with this show in a positive note. 

This content was originally posted by: edkvf

Both producers and Channel go behind Trp. They won't concentrate on story, screen play, dialogue delivery lighting editing etc.  Good actors like Namik are helpless. We people may tolerate such crap show because of our favorites. After long time Namik has come on screen so  atleast   I can see him. I wish him to success with this show in a positive note. 

Thats so true!! While watching some of the scenes, I feel Namik would have played it more subtly, had he been given the creative liberty to do so...(Eg the scene where Ishani is running away from harassers and falls in front of Shiv's car..the way Shiv is standing with his head down and then looks up..that had some unnecessary flashing dramatic effects which actually made it less effective)...Now-a-days, everything is about the drama, the twists, the conflicts..a simple, nice storyline is not appreciated like older times..I miss EDKV <3

E15-

Why is everyone in this story either a creep or a villain or a bechari? This story has more villains than good people..Now Mamaji is added to that list..who would have thought Shiv's mamu will be such a creepo

And Ishani..oh gawd..who is the dialogue writer? Does a 22 yr old girl not understand the implications of saying to someone "Wo kal rat ko hum dono car me so gaye the, uss waqt reh gaya"...Why is she so happily proclaiming everywhere that she was with shiv in his car? At least with the police, I can understand..she meant to provide an alibi and not lie..what was the need to tell shiv's jiju they were together in the car?

E17-

Who says "Tum apne fayde ke liye apne bhai ko bhi mar do" no matter how angry they are? It was just too contrived..

Itishri thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

I found Shiv and Ishani's interaction pretty fake in the last couple of episodes. 

Ishani's character caught my attention when I was flipping channels. started the show for her. But her character seems to be totally inconsistent. A girl who could handle mama says inane dialogue about sleeping in the car??? duh? 

She seems to change the character from scene to scene. I think they want to copy Khushi's character from IPKKND but that only comes through when she is with Shiv. Rest of Ishaani is someone else

This content was originally posted by: Irshita

I found Shiv and Ishani's interaction pretty fake in the last couple of episodes. 

Ishani's character caught my attention when I was flipping channels. started the show for her. But her character seems to be totally inconsistent. A girl who could handle mama says inane dialogue about sleeping in the car??? duh? 

She seems to change the character from scene to scene. I think they want to copy Khushi's character from IPKKND but that only comes through when she is with Shiv. Rest of Ishaani is someone else

So true! Or she is so woke that she slaps mama for misbehaving but doesn't utter a word against her own mami? That's also very inconsistent...

With IPKKND, I found Khushi justified in being angry with Arnav in most of the situations..here I end up feeling bad for Shiv..bechare ne khaya piya kuch nahi, glass foda bara ana...He wasnt wrong in calling out Ishani's friend for eating outside food in his restaurant, he wasn't wrong in feeling insulted by hearing 5-star restaurants serve stale food, he wasn't wrong to say Ishani's food in the cooking competition was not tasty and he had not actually ruined the food deliberately...Also, he wasnt wrong when he said that these type of things (like Pooja's foot is fake) should be discussed ahead of time and last minute letter me likhke batana is not right..

E20-

I wish they show a better fleshed out love story between Pooja and Shiv's brother. This "hearing her voice and falling for her" is just soo unbelievable for the brother's character...