The Romantics Discussion Thread (Reviews, Etc.) - Page 3

Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by Clochette

He jokes about his accents 😉

He lives - since years - in Los Angeles leading the YRF Entertainment branch...

Yes he did a mock British accent right at the beginning to show that he could do different accents😆

Loved it

finally the man comes out of a shadow. This documentary shows how his vision changed yash raj and Hindi movie industry for that matter.

Originally posted by Maroonporsche

better than tv/movies I love docu series. This fun is one

Did you watch it?

The only thing I liked about it is Adi Chopra's interview and the archive footage from various movie shoots. 

Never heard Aditya chopra speak so was surprising to see that

He seems sensible

However I’m not a huge fan of the self celebratory tone of the whole show…the debacles are glossed over as “being ahead of their times” and the successes are overplayed (bunty aur babli didn’t make small town stories cool…it wasn’t even a major hit except the clothes and music) 

I did like the snippets abt the older movies like Lamhe etc

Uday chopra put me off…cringe max …and yes he always came across as someone who thought he’d become an overnight superstar and girls would go crazy abt him (basically he wanted what srk and hrithik had, but without their charm or talent …)

This was an interesting watch! I’m not a huge YRF fan except for few of their works but they have indeed revolutionalized Indian cinema in many ways. Aditya Chopra “the mystery man” finally made an appearance. His interview was the highlight of this series. That guy is an encyclopaedia of film making and very articulate. 

In terms of content, I felt like there was space for more episodes. No mention of K3G surprisingly. YRF television was not there either. IMO it was one of their most innovative concepts that introduced some amazing shows and talent including Pankaj Tripathi. I also wanted to noe more about the failures because YRF did go through a very rough phase and it has lost its charm over the years. They could’ve given a mini tour of YRF studios heard they’ve got the best recording studios. Perhaps there’s a season 2 based on viewers response.🤞

A good watch. I liked how they went through Yash raj's older movies but many were skipped. YRF did have successes but some have been made out to be bigger than the actual verdict and there were a lot of failures too. I thought this series would mainly focus on Yash Chopra but it was equally focused on Aditya Chopra which was a surprise which is why it feels we need few more episodes.

USP of this series has to be Aditya Chopra's interview. Also liked Pam Chopra's parts and the old pictures shared.

They should have interviewed more seniors actors who worked with Yash Chopra to showcase this vision, style and persona. Most of the interviewed people haven't even been directed by him. Their interviews felt forced. Only Amitabh, Rishi and SRKs interviews were good.

What I disliked is how they used Uday Chopra to justify Nepotism. Nepotism has become more prevalent in the last decade and no one can deny that. It is very hard for people with no contacts to enter the Hindi Film industry. But I will give Adi Chopra the props for trying to bring some fresh talent (non industry kids) through his projects unlike his film maker friend (KJo).