The Romantics Discussion Thread (Reviews, Etc.) - Page 11

Posted: 1 years ago

Coming to the films.

I love the fact the audience gives a tight slap right across the faces of trade analysis loosers predicting the fate of the film and just written it off saying it will not work 

I was laughing hard when the premiere these bunch of loosers pinpointing mistakes and demoralised the producers be it Sooraj Aditya or Yashji. A romantic film like Chandni they expect a fighting scene for Vindo Khanna🤣how dumb, its a romantic film and they demand why Vinod Khanna not fighting😡

They even written off DDLJ HAHK etc pinpointing mistakes but audience just gave them tight slaps by making Chandni HAHK DDLJ a blockbuster. The audience & trades critics always different opinions. Never watch a film based on reviews watch the trailer and decide for yourselves

Even SRK was hilarious since it was AB sr in Silsila he was thinking why there are flowers all around why he is not punching goons😆They are like this judgemental that a actor always does this need to stick with this only and they cannot venture other genres. YRF changed that mindset

Why films works & does not work

Kabhie Kabhie/Deewar- My mom got nostalgic while watching

Silsila- it did not work because EMA will never be supported in India. I agree it happens but openly telling a story out of it the audience will not accept it they are still conservative and this one reason Kjos disgust KANK did not work in India and was rejected it made money in the overseas such a wahiyat film KJO made. Stories based on EMA will not be accepted if they show something on the lines of Silsila it definitely will not

Chandni- What a beautiful romantic film literally touched the hearts from the music to chemistry everything was apt and Sridevi looks like a goddess what a vision of Yashji. Haha Anil Kapoor exposed Sridevi's mom and her greediness for money that she did not care who.is the producer the money is good. It seem like Sridevi a puppet of her mother's hand. I love how Yashji snub her saying its his vision in short he said do not interfere in my work lady🤣. Her daughter is not 

Lamhe- Age gap love story the country was not ready for this. It was too bold at that time and i agree with Adi the young sridevi scene was a kind put off and thats one reason it did not work even i was awkward. The girl is 18 yrs old and the guy is 40 yrs damn the gap is huge huge. It does happen in real life but such stories will not work in India. The performances were top notch. Adi wanted Yashji to change the end i wonder what kind of ending Adi wanted for Viren-Pooja. Age gap stories are beautiful i find Lamhe is beautiful because like Yashji says love has no age caste restriction and boundaries but country is still conservative. Those days such age gap marriage & love was not easily accepted

Darr- This film is creepy stalking & obsession for a girl but it was nice romantic thriller. The music is phenomenal

DDLJ- Is there anymore i need to add i guess there can be no words to describe this masterpiece that running for 27 long glorious years. Everything was picture perfect and music was phenomenal a film made us believe that SRKajol were husband-wife🤣☺️the film made us fall in love again & again no matter how many times we watch, we drown into Raj-Simran. Raj-Simran the eternal lovers they are inseparable and SRKajol the legendary jodi of indian cinema

Mohabbatein- This film i have mix reaction it was too long and my butt was aching in the theatre while watching it i was like kab khatam hoga film🤣

Dhoom Series- The series does not excite me its a one time watch. But the documentary caught me laughing when John says Adi told him that he will not have a girl or romance songs. He said he is fine with it all he wanted was to ride those fancy bikes and Adi says for the first time he spend more on bikes than the actors🤣i am not too fond of bikes and heist

Hum Tum- its ok film nothing great abt it i like the cartoon than the lead couple but true those kind of films are accepted by multiplexes & urban audience

BBB- skip skip skip

No mention of Veer-Zaara that was disappointing the songs is intoxication for me and no mention of their BB series Tiger series even DTPH was not much mention

JTHJ- the film was boring and i did not like it. There was no chemistry b/w SRK-Katrina and honestly she does not come into the YashRaj leading ladies for she was better doing Dhoom 3 stuff. It was the last film of Yashji so a perfect farewell to his legacy

Edited by Mages - 1 years ago

Originally posted by Maroonporsche

Anyone else who saw it ( any review ? 

My friend did and she liked it. Prolly on her third rewatch.

Originally posted by Maroonporsche

Anyone else who saw it ( any review ? 

I wanted more😆

Originally posted by Mages

Why films works & does not work

Kabhie Kabhie/Deewar- My mom got nostalgic while watching

Silsila- it did not work because EMA will never be supported in India. I agree it happens but openly telling a story out of it the audience will not accept it they are still conservative and this one reason Kjos disgust KANK did not work in India and was rejected it made money in the overseas such a wahiyat film KJO made. Stories based on EMA will not be accepted if they show something on the lines of Silsila it definitely will not

That's a very western bias about Hindi cinema. It particularly irritates me since I've seen western reviewers like Our Stupid Reactions pontificate on Indians'  "supposed" prudery and inability to accept films showing EMA. What about all those popular Govinda or David Dhawan films justifying cheating?

Hindi films dealing with EMA will work as long as the cheating person is sympathetic and/or has a valid reason for it. Like an abusive or cheating spouse (Waheeda's husband in Guide, Danny in Dhund). Anil Kapoor auctioned by his greedy wife Sridevi in Judai etc.Even a bed-ridden chronically ill partner or an impotent husband would excuse adultery. KANK's mistake was KJo trying to be sophisticated  by making the spouses (Preity and Abishek) very sympathetic. He got SRK's character right on point. Someone that athletic and famous who became a cripple could have become bitter and taken out his anger against his wife and child. But again not a sympathetic character. Which is why his cheating wasn't excused in KANK.

And this is only about Hindi cinema. Regional cinema has more hit films featuring EMA.

Edited by capricornrcks - 1 years ago

The most annoying part of it was everyone declaring Aditya some film genius like we get it just stop now already. 

Yeah, that's SRK 😊

https://twitter.com/BOWorldwide/status/1630165096038305792

For those interested, here a link with interviews etc. about "The Romantics" etc. on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=smriti+Mundhra+interview+with+sucharita+tyagi

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago