Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sanityinfinite thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by: devashree_h

Exactly. Many of them don't have that charm. But I guess, along with the actor, it's also how the character is written, that matters. Like Sujal was made iconic by Rajeev but he also got help from how the character evolved into this passionate lover wronged by the world and some really punchy dialogues.

Sujal was a pathbreaking character on Indian Television that no one has been able to touch to this day. For the first time on iTV the masses witnessed the protagonist male lead have shades of grey & acting like a villian (all whilst being a love sick scorned loved inside). πŸ”₯

We've seen all the Adarsh sons & damads on Indian TV like Mihir, Om and now Bam! Here we go - Sujal Garewal who broke all records with his pathbreaking character (that has SO many complex shades to him; the good, the bad, the ugly), so relatable & nothing overdone unlike shows these days, that force a negative side to an character to make them look the 'mills and boon type'. But nah! Sujal Garewal was not just the OG baap of them all, but he was real, relatable & iconic. All because the iconic Rajeev Khandelwal played it.☺️No kidding. 

That kind of aura and screen presence? dialogue delivery? unheard of and not matched on Indian TV to this day. 

Edited by sanityinfinite - 1 years ago
sanityinfinite thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This one video suffices on why he went on to become iconic & still is untouchable.

Just capture 5% of Sujal's magic, but the sheer screen presence. Feels like I am watching him in real time or that this show is airing right now, in this day and time. He pops out of the screen literally, such is his presence, the dialogues.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGKObMrcTL8&t=85s[/YOUTUBE]

Nostalgia-02 thumbnail
Originally posted by: sanityinfinite

This one video suffices on why he went on to become iconic & still is untouchable.

Just capture 5% of Sujal's magic, but the sheer screen presence. Feels like I am watching him in real time or that this show is airing right now, in this day and time. He pops out of the screen literally, such is his presence, the dialogues.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGKObMrcTL8&t=85s[/YOUTUBE]

Kya din the!!  A great actor. πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Sujal was very daring. He had the guts to do anything and speak his mind in front of everyone. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Roses4Moira thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: devashree_h

It was Kutumb. They too, were a craze back then and were casted in Kyunki again together. 

Yaa..kutumb ..My first shipping coupleπŸ˜†

Even show title track was catchy..❀️

Roses4Moira thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Anyone watched kya hoga Nimmo kyaa or Kya dill Mein hai?

Nostalgia-02 thumbnail
Originally posted by: D_e_s_t_i_n_y

Anyone watched kya hoga Nimmo kyaa or Kya dill Mein hai?

No. I was only hooked on shows that were on Star Plus. πŸ˜†KHNK did have an interesting cast. Just looked back to check who were the main cast. 

Eijaz was used a lot in Ekta's shows. Hiten was used a lot too. Lost count of how many shows they were both in. πŸ˜†

Edited by Nostalgia-02 - 1 years ago
vijay thumbnail

Even today they have many shows which are currently on-air.

Kumkum Bhagya

Kundali Bhagya

Yeh Hai Chasten

Naagin Series

Promoting it as GA. Let more people share their views 😊

Nostalgia-02 thumbnail
Originally posted by: vijay

Kumkum Bhagya

Kundali Bhagya

Yeh Hai Chasten

Naagin Series

Thank You Vijay 😊

devashree_h thumbnail
Originally posted by: vijay

Kumkum Bhagya

Kundali Bhagya

Yeh Hai Chasten

Naagin Series

But they have lost their charm. Ekta shows used to be staple of ITV viewers. But they have lost the magic. She is just recreating her old shows and old tracks with no novelty. The characters don't have that depth anymore. Everything just goes in loops.

BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Oh man, this thread brought back so many memories.

As many have pointed, nothing will ever come close to Kahiin To Hoga and Sujal / Kashish for me.❀️

Other shows I loved in order - 

Hum PaanchπŸ˜†

Kavyanjali 

Pyaar Ki Yeh Ek Kahani

Meri Aashiqui Tumse Hi

Tere Liye

Kasauti (Prem and Mukti)

Kis Desh Mein Hai Mera Dil

Kya Dil Mein Hai

Kasamh Se

Kutumb

Kuchh Is Tara