MasterChef India 7

Why is it so? - Page 3

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Deltablues

Thanks for the article but it doesn't really answer my questiom : As the article itself says, 58% Indians consume meat so that's a clear majority. Should they be forced to eat from a vegetarian menu at  McDonalds? If I consider it a waste of my money to more than 10 rupees on an aloo tikki, shouldn't McDonalds not provide value for my money? You can argue that I could go to another restaurant in such a case. That would be logical and practical.

But can that same arguement not be made for Aruna/Gurkirat/ Baa? That they could choose to not participate in the show?

They chose to..we can't question their choice..if it doesn't work they will quit or be eliminated. Itna kya sochna isme..anyways audience vote isn't involved so we don't have a say

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Deltablues thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

They chose to..we can't question their choice..if it doesn't work they will quit or be eliminated. Itna kya sochna isme..anyways audience vote isn't involved so we don't have a say

Yep. And MCA made alcohol exceptions for their abstaining contestants, I am sure if any such issues were raised during the contract negotiation, MCI would legally follow suit. It's the same company, after all.

I have generally seen people who choose to cook with certain things without eating them in MCI.

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

I'm a Marwari Jain. I do eat onions & garlic despite it being deemed as going against ahimsa. I'm have cousins eat eggs (only kind of protein eaten but nothing extreme like chicken/meat/sea food). Again, to each their own choice & that's respectful. As a MCI player, she made her choice to be in the game by going up in the balcony whether she doesn't consume/cook eggs or not. Point is, she made her choice by giving up her immunity pin & that's okay. 

Where I felt was bit overdone was the crying bit. I feel she could've stated the same thing w/o crying. If she doesn't want to work with eggs, state it clear that she doesn't want to participate. No need to cry or anything. You made a choice, that's fine. I felt it was a bit dramatic. What if she didn't have the immunity pin at the time though? What choice would she made at that time? At most, probably walked out? Who knows? 

This season is dealing with non-veg food besides veg food or other kinds of diet, you should be prepped and agreed to be on this season knowing that there will be food choices you'll come across that either you never dealt with or cooked before.  

Edited by Chemcart_MJ - 1 years ago
Gandhivp thumbnail

She should quit. Too much favours by judges so far. I am vegetarian but I can't support a competition where one person is favoured. We all are culturally vegetarian. We don't mind madicines and vaccines. There should be no religious vegetarian doctor in this world. 

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: Gandhivp

She should quit. Too much favours by judges so far. I am vegetarian but I can't support a competition where one person is favoured. We all are culturally vegetarian. We don't mind madicines and vaccines. There should be no religious vegetarian doctor in this world. 

What exactly is the favour? She gets vegetarian replacements for the non veg options..

And according to multiple non veggies who poke fun at vegetarians..the non veg options she gives up are far more tastier, nutritious and versatile.

She just gets bland ghaas poos in exchange..